ADVERTISEMENT

Peggy Noonan . . .

Nobody knew...at least on the outside.

Iron Claw makes Kevin the alpha dog of the crew, but circa 1981-1988, Kerry definitely seemed the #1 Von Erich. Maybe because all the chicks dug him?
You are right about the drawing power of the Von Erich family though. Just look at the records they broke in the Dallas era for attendance.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
David was the guy that was anointed as the next NWA champion until he passed away. I think Kerry was the better athlete and looked like a million bucks and I think the NWA felt like that was their Hulk Hogan answer. Except Kerry loved the drugs. Such a shame.

Their family could not have dealt with more tragedy. The oldest kid Jack died when he was a just a little kid from electrocution; Mike committed suicide; Kerry committed suicide; Chris, the youngest brother, committed suicide and the old man thought it would be totally normal for a 5'4" kid who suffered from such severe asthma that he stopped growing and had brittle bones, to wrestle....6 kids, 5 deaths before their parents and 4 of them were suicides. Fritz, who was a helluva good football player at SMU, had been married for 42 years to the same woman (and mom of all the boys), until she divorced him right after Chris committed suicide.

Terrible story. In spite of this, Kevin encouraged his two sons to take up wrestling. Same with Kerry's wife who encouraged her daughters to take up wrestling. I cannot fathom the rationale.
let’s be fair tho. That’s still easier than growing up in Stu hart’s basement. Those scars don’t heal

let’s be fair tho. That’s still easier than growing up in Stu hart’s basement. Those scars don’t heal
Growing up in Stu Hart's basement as 5 year old while he stretched you in the basement and told you that you couldn't tap out is 100% Canadian bad assery.

So basically you believe that we are living an Orwellian society, dominated by the radical left, and your savior is everything MAGA. No groupthink there at all. If my memory is correct, you have supported the right side of the equation with all the fervor of zealot.

Please tell me what individual rights/ideas you believe are threatened. Would it be your right to have an abortion without government interference? I would agree with you. Seems to me you pining for a civil libertarianism? The oldest Christian church, the Catholic Church, even addresses individualism: "if we pray the Our Father sincerely, we leave individualism behind, because the love that we receive frees us ... our divisions and oppositions have to be overcome". Obviously, there is more than one meaning to individualism.
The presence of newspeak is unmistakable. This is particularly so on college campuses with their enforced speech codes and shouting down of disagreeable speech— in some of the country’s most prestigious law schools. What’s on campus today is our future.

I don’t think any individual rights are threatened. That’s not the problem. The problem is that we are producing millions of people who don’t value individuality. Culture and society will gradually move away from the free marketplace of ideas and into the world of conformity and obedience. Thinking for ourselves is waining.

This is dangerous and almost got Trump killed. People describe the obvious security failure as “systemic”. All that means is there is no individual responsibility and everything is done by a like-minded system.

I don’t understand your point about Roman Catholics. A church run by elites in Rome is not my idea of encouraging individualism. That is why Martin Luther makes my list of one of history’s great conservatives.

I’m looking forward to seeing all the old school conservatives champion tariffs. Things are too expensive in Biden’s America. So here’s a policy that will raise those prices.

I do like the subtle move away from some of the social conservative issues, but I can’t get onboard this populism train.
I blame the move towards tariffs on the rise of China. China has an unfair advantage because they keep the living conditions of their people down. I argue that China has millions of slaves because they choose where you work and what you do. The people have no choice. I call that slavery.

You are right about the drawing power of the Von Erich family though. Just look at the records they broke in the Dallas era for attendance.
Moving down there from Indiana at around 1982, was shocked at the difference in the wrestling "scene" down there versus the Bruiser and Crusher wrestling we had up here.

Those guys were literal rock stars, loved by Jr and HS girls. They cried when they got hurt
...or lost. Was crazy. A real life drama. I remember arguing with neighborhood girls about the realness of the display...you could never win. 😄

• Love
Reactions: Mark Milton
I love how you, a lawyer, put quotes around "expert" in reference to people that dictated a pandemic playbook. I'm always baffled by the continuing education of internet doctors over guys and gals who do this for a living. Seems to me that you would also be a groupthink victim then because you part of continuing large segment of the population that has been entraptured and trapped by their own dogma. Groupthink if you will.

I'm sure you realize that the United States' history with pandemics is limited, but generally the practice for dealing with pandemics stems from how the US responded to the spanish flu. Masks. School closures. Social distancing, blah blah. Nobody lied to you, well, except the great pumpkin

So the woke mob killed Jennifer Sey huh? Perahps Ms. Sey would have been better served as employee (and part of a leadership team), if she hadn't called out employees for being fat tubs of shit. Weird that she resigned from Levi's and never got a drop of compensation. You can't be an executive at a publically traded company and be abusive. Unless you are Bezos, Zuckerberg and Musk which are nothing more than a cult of personality business.

What is woke? Seriously, it has this ambgious meaning that seems to change. Was Jesus woke? I can take the 9 beautitudes in Mathew and the 4 and look and rightfully think nearly all would be chastized for being woke.
Instead of using “woke” use green intersectional identitypolitics. It’s long and boring but descriptive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT