ADVERTISEMENT

Can we land Romeo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Familiarity with the truth would be step one for Ord v 75
The truth, as in "there aren't any empty seats in Assembly Hall" or, in reference to Cal and Miller, commenting that "they aren't pals"? Or maybe the truth of saying you're a season ticket holder when you couldn't answer very basic questions about IU, AH, or MS, proving you weren't familiar with them?

That kind of truth?

The truth, as in "there aren't any empty seats in Assembly Hall" or, in reference to Cal and Miller, commenting that "they aren't pals"? Or maybe the truth of saying you're a season ticket holder when you couldn't answer very basic questions about IU, AH, or MS, proving you weren't familiar with them?

That kind of truth?

The mods have let this version of Ord hang on a little longer than most of his others. Becoming angrier and less coherent by the day.
I'm only one version of FJ. You're the one posting under multiple screen names. And there's no anger, just laughter at how your stories keep falling apart. Of course, you could always put me on ignore, though it's more fun that you can't bring yourself to do that.

I'm only one version of FJ. You're the one posting under multiple screen names. And there's no anger, just laughter at how your stories keep falling apart. Of course, you could always put me on ignore, though it's more fun that you can't bring yourself to do that.

Do they have Proof?

From the article:

"The NCAA is standing firm in its belief that Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino failed to monitor his team, a Level I violation that could carry a multigame suspension if proven true."

So, does the NCAA have PROOF? If not, then why do you keep insisting Rick is guilty - especially in light of the "Cal is innocent because they've never implicated him" defense you've been adamantly spewing? And, yes, the NCAA has attempted to hit Calipari; they would have regarding Bledsoe had the Birmingham administrators acted (but they were in full CYA mode).

Really?
Didn't you say this:

Your former coach wins a title elsewhere and since you think that he was responsible for hookers, you want that title taken away because it was improper - yet you turned a blind eye to your current coach accepting academically-suspect students because they were good players?

Really?

Please do tell . . .

Oh, where to begin.... let's start with Pitino/Cal. As far as Cal goes, the Camby, Rose and Bledsoe issues are over and done with. Cal not implicated in any of it. ZERO NCAA infractions. With Rick, you see, the process is still ongoing....see the difference? Rick's guilt or innocence hasn't been determined yet.

As I indicated earlier, I really don't care what the NCAA winds up doing to Rick. It's Louisville that I despise....even more than IU, for that matter. Strippergate has already been established....it happened...over a period of years....while recruits visited....with at least 2 of their players from the 2013 title team involved....and all was paid for by the coaches/assistants, whatever. This has been proven. With the Memphis/Rose situation, it was never proven that Rose cheated on his ACT, and yet the NCAA STILL vacated their season. As Strippergate has been proven to have occurred, with 2 members of the 2013 title team involved, don't you think the banner should come down? It's a pretty logical conclusion...based on FACTS.

As for Tubby's final season at UK, yes...it's common knowledge that he hired an agent in December of that season to find a new landing spot. He saw the writing on the wall.

As you said:
Oh, where to begin....

let's start with Pitino/Cal. As far as Cal goes, the Camby, Rose and Bledsoe issues are over and done with. Cal not implicated in any of it. ZERO NCAA infractions. With Rick, you see, the process is still ongoing....see the difference? Rick's guilt or innocence hasn't been determined yet.

See the difference?

Big difference I see is - like Calipari - what can be PROVED.

The NCAA wanted to get Calipari for the Rose and Bledsoe events - but had no subpoena power. They couldn't PROVE Calipari had someone take the SAT for Rose, so they punished him the only way they could - take away the victories (which got UK in hot water with the NCAA when they had the celebration for Cal's 500th win in which UK knowingly included the 42 vacated wins by the NCAA). The NCAA would have vacated UK's 2009-10 season had the Birmingham School Board taken action.

Pitino?

I'm sure you saw the NCAA Notice of Allegations to UofL. One charge was brought against Pitino - that he failed to monitor Andre McGee. That's it.

As the link I provided explains:

"What is clear from the NOA, the NCAA does not have any credible evidence that Pitino knew or reasonably should have known of McGee's improper actions. If the NCAA had any such evidence, Pitino would have been charged with "failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance and unethical conduct" and Louisville would have been charged with "lack of institutional control and failure to monitor its athletic programs."

None of those charges were brought. If the NCAA had even a scintilla of evidence that Pitino knew or reasonably should have known, it absolutely would have brought those charges against Pitino and Louisville."

Do I think Pitino knew? Hell yes - just as I think Roy Williams knew players were being steered to AFAM and Calipari knew there were fishy circumstances regarding Rose and Bledsoe's academics. What I believe and what I can prove are two different things - but that doesn't wipe away the stench of impropriety. UK really has never cared about its image, so it doesn't surprise me in the least it doesn't matter to fans like you.

As for Tubby's final season at UK, yes...it's common knowledge that he hired an agent in December of that season to find a new landing spot. He saw the writing on the wall.

Link? Or is this speculation based on rumors?

Oh, where to begin.... let's start with Pitino/Cal. As far as Cal goes, the Camby, Rose and Bledsoe issues are over and done with. Cal not implicated in any of it. ZERO NCAA infractions. With Rick, you see, the process is still ongoing....see the difference? Rick's guilt or innocence hasn't been determined yet.

As I indicated earlier, I really don't care what the NCAA winds up doing to Rick. It's Louisville that I despise....even more than IU, for that matter. Strippergate has already been established....it happened...over a period of years....while recruits visited....with at least 2 of their players from the 2013 title team involved....and all was paid for by the coaches/assistants, whatever. This has been proven. With the Memphis/Rose situation, it was never proven that Rose cheated on his ACT, and yet the NCAA STILL vacated their season. As Strippergate has been proven to have occurred, with 2 members of the 2013 title team involved, don't you think the banner should come down? It's a pretty logical conclusion...based on FACTS.

You never answered the question. Do you believe Pitino was aware of the prostitues?

But the process with Rose and Bledsoe has ended - so do you believe Calipari knew that something shady was going on with the academics?

If that had been determined from both NCAA investigations, something would've happened to Cal. Nothing did. Case(s) closed. Not with Camby, not with Rose and Cal/UK has never gotten any NCAA heat regarding Bledsoe.

If that had been determined from both NCAA investigations, something would've happened to Cal. Nothing did. Case(s) closed. Not with Camby, not with Rose and Cal/UK has never gotten any NCAA heat regarding Bledsoe.

What do YOU believe.

Forget what the NCAA did/didn't find. DO YOU BELIEVE Calipari knew? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

Throughout this entire argument, you haven't picked up that I don't believe that Cal knew?
Lol

Cal knew NOTHING about their academic struggles? You're either being deliberately obtuse or your intelligence (or lack thereof) doesn't reflect well on the Commonwealth.

Should he have known, in your opinion, given his closeness to Camby?
To my knowledge, Eddie wasn't with players 24/7. And, remember, he was the new guy on staff that year.

He told me he didn't see a change in Camby and his lifestyle. So - based on what I know, have read and have told to me by Eddie himself - no.

To my knowledge, Eddie wasn't with players 24/7. And, remember, he was the new guy on staff that year.

He told me he didn't see a change in Camby and his lifestyle. So - based on what I know, have read and have told to me by Eddie himself - no.
What was his take on being a part of a staff and program that had a Final Four nullified? I realize he (and Miller) have great respect and affection for Calipari. Has he ever been anything other than effusive in his praise for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT