ADVERTISEMENT

Buy the Wilkinson HS Gym

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
The gym itself looks a little rough, and the exterior needs help, but other than that, it seems like a steal...

That would be cool, especially if you have buddies and hoop: "sure, c'mon over and we'll get a game!" or to go down and chuck a few at night when you can't sleep. But, where the heck is Wilkinson? I grew up in Indy and worked at UPS for a couple years in college and thought I probably knew every town in central IN. Never heard of it.... or am I just getting that damn old?!

That would be cool, especially if you have buddies and hoop: "sure, c'mon over and we'll get a game!" or to go down and chuck a few at night when you can't sleep. But, where the heck is Wilkinson? I grew up in Indy and worked at UPS for a couple years in college and thought I probably knew every town in central IN. Never heard of it.... or am I just getting that damn old?!
it's like southeast of mccordsville almost to i-70

Reactions: kkott
It's a couple miles due West of Shirley, just northwest of Maple Valley on 109.

Reactions: Bill4411 and kkott
It's a few miles north of Knightstown and the hoosiers gym, if that helps.

Reactions: kkott
I had to look it up, and still surprised I'd not heard of it. A few towns out there I wasn't familiar with, including Hooky's Shirley!
It's kinda funny how many little towns get names. I travel a lot in Indiana so I've seen a lot of them.

It always seems dumb to me when you see one that has the name of some other famous place, like Mexico or Philadelphia. It's like, you guys couldn't come up with something better than Mexico?

It's kinda funny how many little towns get names. I travel a lot in Indiana so I've seen a lot of them.

It always seems dumb to me when you see one that has the name of some other famous place, like Mexico or Philadelphia. It's like, you guys couldn't come up with something better than Mexico?
Watch it pal. That's my neck of the woods, Denver, Mexico, Peru, Chili, Rochester. I was well traveled as long as people didn't ask too many questions.

Watch it pal. That's my neck of the woods, Denver, Mexico, Peru, Chili, Rochester. I was well traveled as long as people didn't ask too many questions.
My Dad was from Chili. Went to college (kind of) then Vietnam, then never went back.

Was back there not too long ago to spread his ashes. Like a lot of small towns, just wasting away.

My Dad was from Chili. Went to college (kind of) then Vietnam, then never went back.

Was back there not too long ago to spread his ashes. Like a lot of small towns, just wasting away.
Sorry to hear about your Dad, Lars. May he rest in peace up there.

Reactions: larsIU
My wife and I lived in the trailer park called Woodland Hills in Peru. It was.when we were both stationed at GrissomAFB. We really liked East End Ice Cream. Last yr I watched a basketball game online that was in Rochester. I really liked their court that had a zebra in the center.

it's like southeast of mccordsville almost to i-70
Actually it's almost 17 miles due east of McCordsville which is where I grew up. Both towns are in Hancock County. McCordsville is at 750 North and 600 West or Mt. Comfort Road. And Wilkinson is at 700 North and 1050 East just south of IN 234 on IN 109. I dated a girl from Wilkinson (Eastern Hancock) back in high school. My high school Mt. Vernon played Eastern Hancock in that gym.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Actually it's almost 17 miles due east of McCordsville which is where I grew up. Both towns are in Hancock County. McCordsville is at 750 North and 600 West or Mt. Comfort Road. And Wilkinson is at 700 North and 1050 East just south of IN 234 on IN 109. I dated a girl from Wilkinson (Eastern Hancock) back in high school. My high school Mt. Vernon played Eastern Hancock in that gym.
About my extent of that area is driving through mccordsville to get to i-70.

Sounds like you should buy it to relive the glory days. Jj. A cool looking property anyway

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT