ADVERTISEMENT

Bruised Flint.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Keep in mind that this guy is like John Caliparis best friend, and Calipari has never tried to hire him. I don’t know WTF he even does?

Keep in mind that this guy is like John Caliparis best friend, and Calipari has never tried to hire him. I don’t know WTF he even does?
He helps in recruiting and coaching quiet fashion....

Last edited:
Apparently Hondo is doll that just says “dumb” and then sleeps. As usual , only offers 13 years old mentality with no actual basketball insight. Yet, thinks he’s brilliant. Obviously his own biggest fan.

I don't get the feeling that he's much help in recruiting … where's our East Coast pipeline after 3 years, hell, Crean was way more successful. Is Flint helping recruit guys like Leal, Galloway, I don't think so. Does anybody even know who the hell he is in IN HS coaching that's not 50-+ ? I hadn't heard his name in 20 years before Archie hired him

Pretty sure he coaches jump shooting and ball handling. He's also the best dressed of our coaches and I think Archie is getting some style advice from him based on his outfits the past few weeks.

Reactions: Hoosierific
He fills a Certain demographic on the Coaching Staff which looks good to the University Administration. the Athletic Department and certain recruits. He can't be fired until you are ready to hire an Assistant Coach who meets the same demographic.

He fills a Certain demographic on the Coaching Staff which looks good to the University Administration. the Athletic Department and certain recruits. He can't be fired until you are ready to hire an Assistant Coach who meets the same demographic.
So he's a token? Is that your position? Just want to know who I'm dealing with here...

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Apparently Hondo is doll that just says “dumb” and then sleeps. As usual , only offers 13 years old mentality with no actual basketball insight. Yet, thinks he’s brilliant. Obviously his own biggest fan.

says the brain surgeon who is still figuring out his way around the “Post Reply” button. I mean, it’s so damn easy. How are you still not getting it? Lol

by demographic you mean assistant college basketball coach? Lol. To think other wise is kind of racist dumb. Yucky stuff, brah.

So he's a token? Is that your position? Just want to know who I'm dealing with here...
I'm just saying Miller seemed to be very unhappy with him last night for whatever reason. At the end of this year, Miller may have to pull an "it's Them Not Me" and re-arrange his Coaching Staff like Deck Chairs on the Titanic in order to satisfy the higher ups and make change for the sake of making change. I'm not concerned about whether the Coaching Staff is all Black, all White, or all Purple with Polka Dots, as long as they are effective in teaching players, and getting wins.

In Basketball 70-75% of your players are Black. If you have a whole White Coaching Staff, maybe your black players and recruits don't relate as well as they would if you have a Black Assistant Coach. There are also a number of White Assistants who aren't earning their keep and are kept on for other reasons. Maybe they married the Coaches"Sister or were a Fraternity Brother of the Head Coach. There are Assistant Coaches who continue to be employed for reasons other than their competence and overall worth to the Program.

Reactions: SouthernIN845
I'm just saying Miller seemed to be very unhappy with him last night for whatever reason. At the end of this year, Miller may have to pull an "it's Them Not Me" and re-arrange his Coaching Staff like Deck Chairs on the Titanic in order to satisfy the higher ups and make change for the sake of making change. I'm not concerned about whether the Coaching Staff is all Black, all White, or all Purple with Polka Dots, as long as they are effective in teaching players, and getting wins.

In Basketball 70-75% of your players are Black. If you have a whole White Coaching Staff, maybe your black players and recruits don't relate as well as they would if you have a Black Assistant Coach. There are also a number of White Assistants who aren't earning their keep and are kept on for other reasons. Maybe they married the Coaches"Sister or were a Fraternity Brother of the Head Coach. There are Assistant Coaches who continue to be employed for reasons other than their competence and overall worth to the Program.

the titanic was a projected 9 seed? Gotcha. The rest of your post is just mostly crazy bullshit but thanks for the history tidbit!

Thanks for confirming you're a drooling retard. And probably in the top 5% of intelligence here.

dumb ...

That’s how I read his post and I didn’t have to challenge him! But hey, you have cats so that explains it all.

Umm, if we have to fill a certain “demographic”, then call Mike Woodson. He was a hell of a lot more successful than Flint and I’m sure he knows what it’s like to be an Indiana Basketball player.

Umm, if we have to fill a certain “demographic”, then call Mike Woodson. He was a hell of a lot more successful than Flint and I’m sure he knows what it’s like to be an Indiana Basketball player.
If you’re throwing Mike Woodson out there, how about Isaiah Thomas!

dumb
uuu
m m m
b b b
Seriously answer his question, what does Bruiser do?

It’s not like he’s landing guys from the east coast (his area). All I’ve seen from him is tantrums on the sidelines, the Purdue game only being the most recent. We definitely could get someone better in that slot, not hard to do.

Reactions: birdforbogey

It’s not like he’s landing guys from the east coast (his area). All I’ve seen from him is tantrums on the sidelines, the Purdue game only being the most recent. We definitely could get someone better in that slot, not hard to do.

Lol

Good point

I wasn’t sure how to respond when someone who could not be further from the center of this basketball team pretends like he knows the what’s happening on the sidelines. Are you a mind reader? Lip reader? Body language analyst? Or just a writer of tender diary entries?

The zombies complained Archie and Crew were too passive. Now the passion is scaring them. Good, good stuff!

I wasn’t sure how to respond when someone who could not be further from the center of this basketball team pretends like he knows the what’s happening on the sidelines. Are you a mind reader? Lip reader? Body language analyst? Or just a writer of tender diary entries?

The zombies complained Archie and Crew were too passive. Now the passion is scaring them. Good, good stuff!
Why are you here, since it’s obviously not to discuss IU hoops? I’m sure it’s a busy Saturday in Ferguson . . . Why don’t you go exploring and leave those who do (and are able) want to discuss it? Deal?

Reactions: SIhoosier26

You don't have to be on the coaching staff to know that Bruiser hasn't helped IU land anyone from (according to Archie, Bruiser's region) the East Coast. Hell he lost Ethan Morton to Purdue and he was from Archie's backyard.

You also don't have to be on the staff to see the arguments that Bruiser has been into with the rest of the staff, there's plenty of articles out there about the latest one the other night. One Google search is all you need, and that's just if you went to get a drink when they pointed it out during damn the telecast.

What's funny is you trying to make two coaches arguing during the middle of another blowout to IU's rival a good thing (calling it passion). When Archie needed to be trying to right his team for the stretch run to end the game strong, instead he's arguing with Bruiser "I haven't landed a recruit yet" Flint about god knows what.

I'm not one of those people who are constantly negative just to be negative, I've said plenty of positive things about the program under Archie. Getting Lander, TJD, Romeo ect... is awesome. If IU finishes the season strong and makes the tournament that will be awesome as well.

That said people have the right to be concerned with the performance the other night, and the bad look two grown men arguing is to the players who are trying to pull it together at the end of a heated game.

Posts like lololololollol dumbbbbmbbb, and the name calling that make you and others look like you're 4 years old and can't take a differing opinion, are worthless to the board. To be expected though when you have absolutely no rebuttal to whatever they're saying.

That said Bruiser needs to go and there is a lot more proof of that than to the contrary.

Last edited:

To be fair we could get someone better in every spot. Including the head coach.

I mean he tried to hire a big name last year and was turned down by everyone except Mike Roberts. It’s not like quality coaches are lined up to come to a program with a head coach on the hot seat.

To be fair we could get someone better in every spot. Including the head coach.

I mean he tried to hire a big name last year and was turned down by everyone except Mike Roberts. It’s not like quality coaches are lined up to come to a program with a head coach on the hot seat.
You also guaranteed IU wouldn’t get Lander. Truth is you don’t have a clue about anything you post. You have zero inside knowledge on who Miller was looking to hire as an assistant coach. You have zero clue about whether Miller tried to hire a bigger “name” or if Miller considered a dozen candidates, including bigger “names,” and decided Roberts was his best choice. You don’t have any knowledge that Miller was turned down by anyone. Basically, you don’t have a clue. Why are you here anyway? You obviously aren’t a fan. You don’t enjoy IU wins, you come out after losses mostly. That’s what you enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT