ADVERTISEMENT

Brees On TV for UL/PUkes...

cryano

All-Big Ten
Apr 19, 2005
Doing a great job 'recruiting' for Purdue.
Was good to hear him...playful and entertaining.
What a stretch of QBs they had w Tiller...

I'd hope IU has former players that speak as highly of the program and go out of their way to high school kids as it sounds like Brees has.

Doing a great job 'recruiting' for Purdue.
Was good to hear him...playful and entertaining.
What a stretch of QBs they had w Tiller...

I'd hope IU has former players that speak as highly of the program and go out of their way to high school kids as it sounds like Brees has.

Purdue will win tonight. They are abusing Louisville right now.

Purdue will win tonight. They are abusing Louisville right now.
Rarely will you see a more overrated, undisciplined group then those clowns masquerading as a football team in Louisville uniforms. A collection of great athletes with zero football IQ. They have forced me to root for pu and I hate :mad: them for it.;) I think I'm going to be ill... :mad::(:confused:Go Big Ten!:confused::oops::cool:

Last edited:
Rarely will you see a more overrated, undisciplined group then those clowns masquerading as a football team in Louisville uniforms. A collection of great athletes with zero football IQ. They have forced me to root for pu and I hate :mad: them for it.;) I think I'm going to be ill... :mad::(:confused:Go Big Ten!:confused::oops::cool:
I agree wholeheartedly. Low character frontrunners, but why would you expect anything else. That athletic department is a cesspool and its two most prominent programs are led by human pond scum. Tom Jurich's biggest job is wielding the sh!+ paddle, constantly trying
to beat the turds below the surface and out of public view.

Reactions: 76-1
How many OT's do you go before they call it a tie? Neither of these teams deserve to get a W on their record...! Oh..., and..., pu Pete has stone hands:p;):eek::rolleyes:

Brohm will definitely improve the Purdue offense but dear Allah, their QBs suck. Totally gave away the game on bad decisions.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Brohm will definitely improve the Purdue offense but dear Allah, their QBs suck. Totally gave away the game on bad decisions.

They will improve IMO. Blough was pretty solid last year on a really bad team and Sindelar has some ability too.

Reactions: cryano
Jeff Brohm will be in Louisville very soon. Petrino is terrible, his defense is terrible, and I believe they have a disappointing season and he quits.

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
They will improve IMO. Blough was pretty solid last year on a really bad team and Sindelar has some ability too.
Well I bit on the Louisville hype, swallowing hook, line and sinker. They almost made pu look good. But we both know that's not the case;):cool:

Reactions: IUgradman
You can only hope haha. Brohm is the real deal.

First full disclosure, my wife is related to the Brohm family. The Brohm family has forgotten more about coaching football than most people know. Oscar was great and the boys have been so far. The question will be can they recruit and get B10 talent. Did well at WKU but the B10 is another beast. I'd never bet against a Brohm. That family just wins.

Granted it's only one game but yeah I'd say he's legit. Do you disagree? A chance to beat the reigning heisman champ after 9 wins in 4 years?
I don't know if 0-1 tells us much. Hazell also had some close ones against better programs. The Big 10 is brutal, indeed.

First full disclosure, my wife is related to the Brohm family. The Brohm family has forgotten more about coaching football than most people know. Oscar was great and the boys have been so far. The question will be can they recruit and get B10 talent. Did well at WKU but the B10 is another beast. I'd never bet against a Brohm. That family just wins.

That's awesome! So you've hung with Jeff before?

IU had several moral victories against better teams under Wilson. He wasn't the "real deal." Maybe Brohm is. Maybe Louisville isn't that good. Time will tell.

Is it?

Honestly, that looked more like Louisville playing down to their opponent than Purdue playing well. Louisville turned it on when they needed to.

UofL did play like crap. Turnovers. Penalties. They aren't winning much this season. My friends are dissapointed.

That's awesome! So you've hung with Jeff before?

Lol, funerals and weddings isn't exactly hanging out. Actually during my time (I married into the family), Brian was the bigger superstar because everyone thought he was going to make it in the NFL. I never bothered them, just felt wrong. Too many other family members sucking up for my taste. That being said, they've always been very cordial to me and my family.

True. But the improvement is obvious.
Did he have anywhere to go but up ? He has without question upgraded the roster in critical areas with jucos and 5th year transfers. That said, it will likely leave some holes in your roster going forward, such as linebacker. Purdue played well tonight, I give them credit, on the other side UL was lackadaisical and sloppy. What did they have 11 or 12 false starts ? Do they have another center for crying out loud, most of those were on him, plus a critical red zone snap that he rolled to Jackson.
Without question, I would be encouraged if I was a PU fan, but, there is a long way to go in this season.

Is it?

Honestly, that looked more like Louisville playing down to their opponent than Purdue playing well. Louisville turned it on when they needed to.

How many times are you going to say "Is it?" Turned it on? You mean when they got that gift TD that should've been a touchback? I don't think it was Louisville playing down to the competition. I think it was Brohm knowing how to coach and Purdue playing a solid game.

Reactions: jetcar19
Did he have anywhere to go but up ? He has without question upgraded the roster in critical areas with jucos and 5th year transfers. That said, it will likely leave some holes in your roster going forward, such as linebacker. Purdue played well tonight, I give them credit, on the other side UL was lackadaisical and sloppy. What did they have 11 or 12 false starts ? Do they have another center for crying out loud, most of those were on him, plus a critical red zone snap that he rolled to Jackson.
Without question, I would be encouraged if I was a PU fan, but, there is a long way to go in this season.

I agree there's a long way to go. But I'm very happy after that outcome. Shoot, if that touchdown where he fumbled it through the end zone is called a touchback like it easily should've been, who knows what happens.

I agree there's a long way to go. But I'm very happy after that outcome. Shoot, if that touchdown where he fumbled it through the end zone is called a touchback like it easily should've been, who knows what happens.

Tough to tell much this early in the season for any team. I'm guilty of it too. Predicting results based on the first game is dangerous.
I recall the year was 2004. IU goes to Autzen Stadium, where no BigTen team had been able to beat Oregon and, lo and behold, IU pulls off the upset and Gerry D. runs off the field in jubilation. I thought: "We've turned the corner!"

We finish the season at 3-8, including an infamous 4 point loss at home to Penn State where we had first and goal inside the 4 yard line and run the same play 4 straight times into the teeth of the defense.

Purdue was motivated this first game. That said, Louisville turned the ball over twice at the 3 yard line, left a "gimme" 9 points minimum and likely 21 points on the turf trying to punch the ball in.

Maryland did well. Illinois struggled. Northwestern struggled. Rutgers played Washington tough for a half. Nebraska had a nail biter.

Things tend to get settled in by the 5th or 6th week to see who may be it in for the long hall. No doubt that Brohm appears to be more creative than The Haze and like his passing game. Purdue didn't run the ball at all (51 yards) and wonder if that spread attack will hold up every week with more pressure by defensive lines in the Big 10.

The problem with that "what if" scenario is, UL also fumbled twice inside your 5 , "what if" that didn't happen? Also you say that call should have been changed, I never saw a shot down the goal line where you could tell at all if he broke the plane. Pereira said the TD should stand , but it was possible his knee was down before getting in or fumbling, which I also thought was close, I just never saw a conclusive angle.

Is it?

How many times are you going to say "Is it?" Turned it on? You mean when they got that gift TD that should've been a touchback? I don't think it was Louisville playing down to the competition. I think it was Brohm knowing how to coach and Purdue playing a solid game.
So Pu played a solid game yet iu sucks according to you guys when pu mustered 344 yards of total offense, which is nothing in today's college game and gave up 500 yards to one player. Grandpa Debord sucks to you guys but he coordinated an offense that got over 430 yards against the number 2 team in the nation. Yea not ready to crown brohm as the second coming yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT