ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Newman visits IU and gets offer

Solid player. I saw him play last year season. He is a scorer who gets after it on defense. Newmans stock continues to rise.

That’s good I think he could be a solid 3-4 year player and we’ll need guys like him to go with the 5*s I believe Archie will be getting. The 5*s help you get to the FFs and title games...the solid junior and senior leadership helps you win them.

Can someone tell me what happened to the Brandon Newman discussion??After 3 posts it devolved into nothing on Newman. Look for him to commit soon to IU.

I'd be thrilled with his commitment. I think with scholly's being limited next year, having a commitment might force others to accept. It's a tough game... do you take the lesser kid now or wait on the higher rated ones? I totally get why RL waited, but it will be hard on Archie if TJD, Brooks or Watford, or whoever they REALLY want from that group, also wait til spring. A commitment from TJD would be huge. It'd be nice to have he and Newman on board and then let Watford and Brooks think about that last spot. Sounds like TJD is enjoying the attention from the bigger programs though and is maybe going to wait longer than it seemed he might earlier in the year.

Reactions: kmathum
I'd be thrilled with his commitment. I think with scholly's being limited next year, having a commitment might force others to accept. It's a tough game... do you take the lesser kid now or wait on the higher rated ones? I totally get why RL waited, but it will be hard on Archie if TJD, Brooks or Watford, or whoever they REALLY want from that group, also wait til spring. A commitment from TJD would be huge. It'd be nice to have he and Newman on board and then let Watford and Brooks think about that last spot. Sounds like TJD is enjoying the attention from the bigger programs though and is maybe going to wait longer than it seemed he might earlier in the year.
Word on the street is that Watford is a heavy lean to Memphis. He’s been telling recruits he wants them to go there with him.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

I’d be happy with Newman. And even if he committed I think we’d still take Carton if he wanted to come.

I’d be happy with Newman. And even if he committed I think we’d still take Carton if he wanted to come.

I'd think so too. Probably depends on how good they're feeling about Smith, Thompson and Hunter vs Phinisee. Glad to see them working to build depth.

He is transferring to Montverde Academy in Florida for his senior season. We also received another crystal ball pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: russelltodd
Brandon Newman would be a great fit at IU. I saw him play last year for Valpo HS and I was impressed. He played hard the entire game on both ends of the floor. He had a strong will to win. Newman is transferring to Montverde Academy for his Senior HS year, where they will field one of the best Prep School Teams in the country. With Monteverde's national exposure it would be good to lock up Newman now. I fully expect Newman's stock to continue to rise. Another in-state Indiana player who only helps grow the IU program in all corners of the state. Archie's Inside-out recruiting strategy will continue to build bridges within the state.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT