ADVERTISEMENT

Boilers

Thx, no question on the foul, I have seen refs go to the monitor for less.

The tech was not for the foul but for his infantile reaction so whomever put that tweet there is an idiot.
I've never said it wasn't a foul. It wasn't with other stuff that was being let go. If that's a foul and Gillis at nu was a flagrant, this is a flagrant. In sure you missed this no call. I get it, though to see them all, so thought I'd share.

• Haha
Reactions: rocketo
Purdue trending on Twitter and it's full of gems like this.

Some actually think they're a gift to basketball.
Wow. That twit/twat is what's embarrassing. Every single team in the country gets hosed at some point during the season, if that's indeed what happened. Didn't watch it. Losing to Maryland on the road is not embarrassing. Look up their home record and it's not too shabby to say the least.

in all fairness, both of those teams will likely be ranked on Monday unless they spit the bit this weekend.
Sure, but that has nothing to do with the stats quoted in that tweet.

Maybe they'll be the exception to the historical performance and make it to the second round.

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the stats quoted in that tweet.

Maybe they'll be the exception to the historical performance and make it to the second round.
I know...NW was close...AP #27 this week. Maryland has been flying under the radar nationally since no one had much faith in them when making preseason conf predictions..... but I think they got everyone's attention last night.

Damn I wish we won last night. I would have gone and had some of the fun watching the Boilers collapse. Hard to really enjoy though since MD will be tied with us.
In other words, you wish we were legit. Me too!! It sucks getting our kicks out of Lil Bro's misfortunes.

I've never said it wasn't a foul. It wasn't with other stuff that was being let go. If that's a foul and Gillis at nu was a flagrant, this is a flagrant. In sure you missed this no call. I get it, though to see them all, so thought I'd share.
isn't that a technical... for flopping? Thought that was a point of emphasis this year.

Reactions: Tscurlo and BoilerN
BigTen basketball is terrible. It’s basically become an all out first fight. Purdue doesn’t have the toughness or physicality if games are allowed to be this physical.
Well, I think Purdoo was forced to adjust. Edey was getting away with murder, and coaches likely started pointing all this out before the games. Things tightened and they adjusted. Now they are the ones getting pummeled and the other teams are being enabled by our dog shit refs

Better to hope that IU can play 2 halves of intense ball together night after night than root the Purdue fade. (not saying it isn't sweet but too many sweets are bad for you).
I'm more likely to win $10M in the lottery than for your first wish to come true. So....lets hope for the Purdue fade.

Well, I think Purdoo was forced to adjust. Edey was getting away with murder, and coaches likely started pointing all this out before the games. Things tightened and they adjusted. Now they are the ones getting pummeled and the other teams are being enabled by our dog shit refs
I'm trying to be objective here.........but it seems to me IU gets screwed more often than any other single team in the BT.

I know we reach and grab too much. A guy like JG comes to mind there. It just seems like you can beat the hell out of the other team, as long as you don't reach and grab.

As another example, the # of moving picks being set by some of these teams defies description. You can pick a guy, slide a little, and run him completely out of the picture....no call.

The other thing is......why doesn't a TJD get more 'AA calls"? I see the calls a slickster like Wahl at Wisconsin gets v. what TJD gets....disgusting. Some 7 foot Doofus from NW gets as many calls as TJD.

I know some of it is that teams that are instinctively aggressive get more calls than are instinctively passive. Maybe some of it is the ghost of RMK? I feel like Woody is doing a pretty good job of bitching about it, but that seems to have little to no effect. WTF is going on?

Listening to BTN radio and Hummel is talking about some of the whack messages he's getting from purdoo fans about his bias against purdoo. He's laughing, but some of the examples are ridiculous.

One was a DM saying they were glad he blew his knee out because he's not a good alum. 😕

Guess we're not the only fanbase with some wingnuts.

Listening to BTN radio and Hummel is talking about some of the whack messages he's getting from purdoo fans about his bias against purdoo. He's laughing, but some of the examples are ridiculous.

One was a DM saying they were glad he blew his knee out because he's not a good alum. 😕

Oof. Don't love that...

The foul on Gillis was weak compared to what was let go. It was a foul though. Not sure it was a cheap shot on Malik. It was a hard foul, but nothing bad. Make sure they don't score. TJD should have gotten a tech for trying to fight in a play he wasn't involved. But that's beyond the point. Only people that don't let him forget his DUI are haters. Dude made a mistake and apologized. Or do you think X is a distraction for his incidents? I don't, but that's me.

Since you are a fan of calling out baseless claims, show me all the missed fouls on edey. And give me a list of players from 2020 to 2024 that wanted iu, but went to Purdue. Least you could do after I showed ya some of the horrendous calls at nu you apparently missed and claimed we were claiming without evidence. Unless you believe shot clock violations with 22 seconds on the shot clock is a good call.
Could you repeat this in English? I don’t speak dipshit

Reactions: InvisibleHoosier

Robbie does a good job. He was awful his first two years but has worked on his craft.

He comes off as unbiased until crunch time for IU or PU where he lets his slip show

Reactions: dr.jb
No specifics? The shot clock violation with 22 seconds on the spot clock. The tentional on Gillis wasn't a tentional. He made contact with the ball. On the 3 nu went up on, illegal screen at half court, audige went oob and came back in, first to touch ball. Their coached grabbed a Purdue player.

You cite edey fouling lady night. What about all the ones they missed on Maryland? Purdue went into the post and drove a ton. Got the ball under the rim. They called maybe 8 fouls. Edey was getting held and hacked all game. Try to look at it objectively.

What is Gillis tough guy act you are infatuated with? Or you just making stuff up about players like usual?
When was the “tentional” on Gillis? I missed that.

I just want to know where @arcb102000 is? That moron made made 50+ posts a day on here leading up to their ass beating in Assembly Hall and he hasn't been heard from since. Did his parents finally take the keyboard away?

Reactions: InvisibleHoosier
I just want to know where @arcb102000 is? That moron made made 50+ posts a day on here leading up to their ass beating in Assembly Hall and he hasn't been heard from since. Did his parents finally take the keyboard away?
He showed up when we were way down at Mich and then again after we lost to NU.

Purdue trending on Twitter and it's full of gems like this.

Some actually think they're a gift to basketball.
This is what happens when fans of a team having some success have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Purdue has been treated quite well by the whistle thus far. Hopefully Cameron here knows more about rain than he does basketball. What a clown

My parents, now unfortunately both deceased, taught me that it was foolish to play against a rigged deck of cards. They are unable to deprive me of anything other than their presence which I would greatly enjoy.

We obviously have different definitions of terms. I do not consider the score of the Assembly Hall game a blowout. A loss for sure, but not a blowout so I wouldn't use that description. Now if you want to describe the physicality of play the way that you have, then perhaps you are correct. Lots of fouls were not called on the home team, way more that were missed on Purdue.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
The one in the nu game. It was weak. Thought you watched it considering you've talked about it a ton.
Wait... is that the technical on GIllis.... and then NW went on their scoring run and the TV kept showing the graphic of how many points NW had scored after the T.... and then they kept showing Gillis sitting on the bench with sour puss face????

Is that the Gillis T you are talking about?

I'm trying to be objective here.........but it seems to me IU gets screwed more often than any other single team in the BT.

I know we reach and grab too much. A guy like JG comes to mind there. It just seems like you can beat the hell out of the other team, as long as you don't reach and grab.

As another example, the # of moving picks being set by some of these teams defies description. You can pick a guy, slide a little, and run him completely out of the picture....no call.

The other thing is......why doesn't a TJD get more 'AA calls"? I see the calls a slickster like Wahl at Wisconsin gets v. what TJD gets....disgusting. Some 7 foot Doofus from NW gets as many calls as TJD.

I know some of it is that teams that are instinctively aggressive get more calls than are instinctively passive. Maybe some of it is the ghost of RMK? I feel like Woody is doing a pretty good job of bitching about it, but that seems to have little to no effect. WTF is going on?
I see some of the same. Many of ours game have been called pretty fairly. One stretch we get screwed and then a stretch we make it up. Or even some games pretty well reffed consistently all game. But there have been at least 2-3 B1G games where I felt like we got seriously screwed, and not accidentally either.

I’d say an investigation into B1G refs is warranted frankly. And I’d be amazed if an investigation didn’t result in firings of a few refs. Especially that midget mother****er

I see some of the same. Many of ours game have been called pretty fairly. One stretch we get screwed and then a stretch we make it up. Or even some games pretty well reffed consistently all game. But there have been at least 2-3 B1G games where I felt like we got seriously screwed, and not accidentally either.

I’d say an investigation into B1G refs is warranted frankly. And I’d be amazed if an investigation didn’t result in firings of a few refs. Especially that midget mother****er
Don't forget Lurch!!!!! He would be gone as well..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT