ADVERTISEMENT

Official Pacer game thread

Carlisle getting ripped for not fouling makes no sense to me. The play was a catch and shoot and even intentional fouling was going to be a 3 FTs. Brown made a really tough shot... But the breakdown was allowing the catch and shoot in the first place.

You can't lose a game up 3 with 10 secs left and the ball. But blaming 'not fouling' on Brown's shot is dumb

Exactly. Can't lose up 3 w the ball an 10 secs on clock.

This one has me ****ing livid.

Youth and inexperience. Learn and move on. Have to call the timeout there. Advance to half court, inbound, foul hit 1 FT and game over
I'm not fully up to speed on NBA rules. Can they throw the ball in the back court when they advance it to half court? For some reason I'm thinking maybe they can't. Not sure how that'd be an easier inbounds situation if they can't. Carlisle made mention of it though, so I'm sure there are advantages to advancing the ball up.

I appreciate Carlisle sticking up for his players, but anybody can plainly see that our guards shrank in the moment of those last 30 seconds.

The Pacers can't afford to give games away. We get here, what, once every 10-15 years? When you have it won, you gotta win it. You can't suddenly lose your shit and forget the basics. Dribbling off your foot? NOt calling a TO? Throwing it away? Losing with a 3 point lead and the ball w 10 secs left is 100% psychological.

Reactions: IUgradman
I'm not fully up to speed on NBA rules. Can they throw the ball in the back court when they advance it to half court?
You can only inbound into the backcourt from mid / front court in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and OT. I can't find an exception that prohibits this when advancing the ball to mid court with a TO.

I think they could have called TO, advanced the ball, and had the entire floor to work with for inbounding.
Now that I think about it, I think I've seen inbounding into back court so guards can get a running start. Although, I might be remembering a college scenario.

Last night was inexcusable. They likely won't recover from that disaster.

Reactions: IUgradman
I appreciate Carlisle sticking up for his players, but anybody can plainly see that our guards shrank in the moment of those last 30 seconds.

The Pacers can't afford to give games away. We get here, what, once every 10-15 years? When you have it won, you gotta win it. You can't suddenly lose your shit and forget the basics. Dribbling off your foot? NOt calling a TO? Throwing it away? Losing with a 3 point lead and the ball w 10 secs left is 100% psychological.
I wonder if Mathurin would have helped in some of these close, late game situations. I love the team, I love watching them play, I love Hali, but it does seam like they could use a "dog" type finisher at ends of games. Mathurin seems to have a little bit of that in him?...

Unless they pull out some Herculean effort, it feels like they just blew the NBA championship.
Get past Boston, great chance to win it all. Now it's pushing a boulder uphill. Maybe those who said we were too inexperienced were right. Looked like a couple were at the end. Shame. :(

Still, it's just one game. Go Pacers!

Tough loss, sucks big big big time to give it away, but it was one game on the road. Still a long shot to win the series, but there is a lot more basketball to be played.

You can only inbound into the backcourt from mid / front court in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and OT. I can't find an exception that prohibits this when advancing the ball to mid court with a TO.

I think they could have called TO, advanced the ball, and had the entire floor to work with for inbounding.
Now that I think about it, I think I've seen inbounding into back court so guards can get a running start. Although, I might be remembering a college scenario.

Tyrese ran a play like that for the game winner in the Bucks series. They can definitely inbound into the backcourt during last 2 mins out of a timeout.

Also the late game half court inbound after a TO is such a common part of the game, all teams have a full playbook of options that are well practiced.

Reactions: Brockway
Exactly. Can't lose up 3 w the ball an 10 secs on clock.

This one has me ****ing livid.

Sure, they can recover. They easily could've beaten the (alleged) best team in the East in Game 1. They could just as easily beat them in Game 2 with the same type of effort and execution in the first 47 minutes of regulation. That's all they ideally have to do; steal one game in Boston. Then, the Celtics have to come here, and the Pacers are clearly on a whole other level at home in the playoffs.

Sure, they can recover. They easily could've beaten the (alleged) best team in the East in Game 1. They could just as easily beat them in Game 2 with the same type of effort and execution in the first 47 minutes of regulation. That's all they ideally have to do; steal one game in Boston. Then, the Celtics have to come here, and the Pacers are clearly on a whole other level at home in the playoffs.

We did steal Game 1.

Then right before the busses started we gave it back to them.

I like your optimism, though.

Brown just smacked Haliburton in the head, no call, if pacers done that, they would have called a flagrant at a minimum

Pacers getting drastically out hustled so far even though it hasn’t shown up on the scoreboard yet. Will turn into a disaster soon if they don’t get their heads out of their ass.

Not since Larry Johnson's 4 point play, have I been this angry about a Pacers game.
When that happened, the room i was in went completely silent...
Sullen, defeated and resigned....just staring at the TV in disbelief. No one had to say: "Are you f'ing kidding me?!?!?" because we all knew.

Reactions: UTFO
Best case scenario is Boston wins the title and Brad Stevens resigns as GM so he can take the IU job when Woodson retires after leading IU to a successful season and back to national prominence.

Last edited:
Best case scenario is Boston wins the title and Brad Stevens retires as GM so he can take the IU job when Woodson retires after leading IU to a successful season and back to national prominence.
I'm not convinced Steven's heart is in college coaching anymore. It's a far different world than the one he left.

I'm not convinced Steven's heart is in college coaching anymore. It's a far different world than the one he left.
It’s easier. NIL makes recruiting more like NBA free agency, only there is no salary cap.

Best case scenario is Boston wins the title and Brad Stevens retires as GM so he can take the IU job when Woodson retires after leading IU to a successful season and back to national prominence.

No. Best case scenario is the Pacers win. Also, IU doesn’t need Brad Stevens to get back to prominence.

Reactions: T.M.P.
*sigh* ..

They are the most boring team in all of basketball .. I used to be a Celtics fan but the Tatum era has made me look elsewhere for entertaining basketball. I can't stand that dude, he reminds of a Paul George in so many ways ..
I’m not really a Boston fan now. My parents are from beantown so I use to love the Cs and Red Sox. Tatum is the exact opposite of Kobe, his idol. Brown however… He is making me a fan again.

His comments after game two??? Paraphrasing here:
Reporter- did not making any all NBA teams piss you off tonight and that was a I’m gonna show them performance?
Brown-we are up 2-0 to go to the finals, I don’t give a F about that shit.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I’m not really a Boston fan now. My parents are from beantown so I use to love the Cs and Red Sox. Tatum is the exact opposite of Kobe, his idol. Brown however… He is making me a fan again.

His comments after game two??? Paraphrasing here:
Reporter- did not making any all NBA teams piss you off tonight and that was a I’m gonna show them performance?
Brown-we are up 2-0 to go to the finals, I don’t give a F about that shit.
Yankees fan here or was when I still followed baseball .... I made a bet a long time ago in jest with a friend who has passed away since that if the Sox came back from 0-3, I would name my next Border Collie after a Boston player ... I ended up getting a female this time (they're smarter than males) so ..

Meet Tessie ... (from the Dropkick Murphy's song about that run) she's 7 years old.
20200608-203939.jpg

Yankees fan here or was when I still followed baseball .... I made a bet a long time ago in jest with a friend who has passed away since that if the Sox came back from 0-3, I would name my next Border Collie after a Boston player ... I ended up getting a female this time (they're smarter than males) so ..

Meet Tessie ... (from the Dropkick Murphy's song about that run) she's 7 years old.
20200608-203939.jpg
Tessie looks happy! I have a few drop kick Murphy signs laying around. Need to put them up in my garage. My dog is named Trot. After my favorite Red Sox player, Trot Nixon.

Also have a few Yankees suck shirts!

Reactions: nichlee and T.M.P.
Stinks. But start of season if you asked anyone would you be happy with a ECF appearance (and an in szn tourney final)? — everyone would have said yes.

It’s cheesy, but the team learned a lot, and now they can get healthy and try again next year with more experience.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Stinks. But start of season if you asked anyone would you be happy with a ECF appearance (and an in szn tourney final)? — everyone would have said yes.

It’s cheesy, but the team learned a lot, and now they can get healthy and try again next year with more experience.
Need to learn how not to lose too. Boston wasn’t even playing good and they blew what, an 18 point lead again at home?

Pacers were super lucky to even be here. Bucks and Knicks were on life support when they played.

A better head coach and the Pacers are ahead 2-1. Shame. Just don’t get swept.
Don’t get me wrong, I still think Carlisle is a good coach, a great coach for this team really, and don’t want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but it is kinda inexplicable to me. Is he preoccupied with something? Has he lost a step? Hope it isn’t health related…

Need to learn how not to lose too. Boston wasn’t even playing good and they blew what, an 18 point lead again at home?

Pacers were super lucky to even be here. Bucks and Knicks were on life support when they played.
Yea, Pacers made a lot of mistakes. With their defense no lead is safe, which they have to fix. The dumb mistakes end of games are an easier issue to address.

Healthy Bucks would have been much tougher, though the Pacers had their number in the regular season.

Knicks ran themselves into the ground, Knicks fault.

Whatever. Very hard for small market team to win it all.

so you don’t watch the NBA ey? Milwaukee Toronto and Cleveland lol. Denver is borderline too.
I didn’t say it was impossible, just very hard. This is not a controversial view.

Of course there are exceptions — Giannis and LeBron are rare.

Toronto is a huge city, though their revenue isn’t as big. Denver is midpack.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT