ADVERTISEMENT

Boilers

Damn I wish we won last night. I would have gone and had some of the fun watching the Boilers collapse. Hard to really enjoy though since MD will be tied with us.
And Maryland has just one tough game left @ Penn St. The rest they should win easily.

Good lord, Purdue keeps losing it won’t mean anything to beat them and court storming will stop. They’re 1-3 this past week and a half.

Good lord, Purdue keeps losing it won’t mean anything to beat them and court storming will stop. They’re 1-3 this past week and a half.
Starting to come back down to Earth a little bit. Probably will still be conference co-champs at least though, the last 4 games they have aren't exactly a "murderer's row", we're the only one of the 4 that looks like it has a shot of beating them.

Reactions: ufo33
Looks like Painter walked into his barbershop and asked for the Purdue fade a little early this year.

Nonetheless it happens every year with them. When you recruit guys to a “system” and that “system” gets figured out, every year, and can’t adapt or evolve on the fly, this shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Damn I wish we won last night. I would have gone and had some of the fun watching the Boilers collapse. Hard to really enjoy though since MD will be tied with us.
Not for me, enjoy it. I want us to win whatever we achieve, not back into it by having other teams lose. PU lose, and IU wins, that's what I want to see. If we can't win the conference then I want us to do well enough to be top 4, not others lose to get us there. Let's face it, if we can't finish top 4 in the Big 10, then we probably aren't doing anything in the tourney.

Reactions: CriticArisen
They all screamed and cried about the officiating after their loss to NU without pointing to any specifics. This game they clearly have absolutely nothing to complain about. Edey could have easily fouled out in the firt half and their hack a smack game was in full force.

I was impressed with Smith though in the first half, he clutched a bit in the second half but still a good game. Gillis hurt them again...wonder if he will do his tough guy act again against us while hiding behind his team mates.

They all screamed and cried about the officiating after their loss to NU without pointing to any specifics. This game they clearly have absolutely nothing to complain about. Edey could have easily fouled out in the firt half and their hack a smack game was in full force.

I was impressed with Smith though in the first half, he clutched a bit in the second half but still a good game. Gillis hurt them again...wonder if he will do his tough guy act again against us while hiding behind his team mates.
No specifics? The shot clock violation with 22 seconds on the spot clock. The tentional on Gillis wasn't a tentional. He made contact with the ball. On the 3 nu went up on, illegal screen at half court, audige went oob and came back in, first to touch ball. Their coached grabbed a Purdue player.

You cite edey fouling lady night. What about all the ones they missed on Maryland? Purdue went into the post and drove a ton. Got the ball under the rim. They called maybe 8 fouls. Edey was getting held and hacked all game. Try to look at it objectively.

What is Gillis tough guy act you are infatuated with? Or you just making stuff up about players like usual?

No specifics? The shot clock violation with 22 seconds on the spot clock. The tentional on Gillis wasn't a tentional. He made contact with the ball. On the 3 nu went up on, illegal screen at half court, audige went oob and came back in, first to touch ball. Their coached grabbed a Purdue player.

You cite edey fouling lady night. What about all the ones they missed on Maryland? Purdue went into the post and drove a ton. Got the ball under the rim. They called maybe 8 fouls. Edey was getting held and hacked all game. Try to look at it objectively.

What is Gillis tough guy act you are infatuated with? Or you just making stuff up about players like usual?
Lose big game, run to IU board to defend your self-esteem from the big meanies.

You may want to watch the replays Gilligan. I suggest you have someone that understands the game help you.

Lose big game, run to IU board to defend your self-esteem from the big meanies.

You may want to watch the replays Gilligan. I suggest you have someone that understands the game help you.
Lose game. Not big. Didn't run over here either. Don't feel so entitled. But basically, you made crap up, again, can't prove yourself correct, so you spew crap and tell me idk basketball. It's kind of funny. But something I've come to expect from someone who creates their own narrative at the expense of others. So you believe a shot clock violation with 22 seconds on the shot clock is a good call?

Watched Gillis the last two games. He let his emotions get the best of him on a weak call compared to what was being let go. One mistake. Happens. If that's being a tough guy, i don't want your thoughts on woodsons tough guy act

Goodness, another loss has you so flustered you forgot English? I could almost decipher most of what you were trying to say, but I had to be tentional about it.

Intentional.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Lose game. Not big. Didn't run over here either. Don't feel so entitled. But basically, you made crap up, again, can't prove yourself correct, so you spew crap and tell me idk basketball. It's kind of funny. But something I've come to expect from someone who creates their own narrative at the expense of others. So you believe a shot clock violation with 22 seconds on the shot clock is a good call?

Watched Gillis the last two games. He let his emotions get the best of him on a weak call compared to what was being let go. One mistake. Happens. If that's being a tough guy, i don't want your thoughts on woodsons tough guy act
Last night wasn't a weak call, it was an obvious call and he did dumb waving off a ref. The tide turned at that point. He hurt his team badly

He played tough guy in the IU game barking at TJD after cheap shotting Malik and once Edey stood in front of him. Will he bring that act again in mackey? He hurts your team even after the DUI.

No shock to see you over here Gilligan defending players that wouldn't give youthe time of day.

Reactions: InvisibleHoosier
Last night wasn't a weak call, it was an obvious call and he did dumb waving off a ref. The tide turned at that point. He hurt his team badly

He played tough guy in the IU game barking at TJD after cheap shotting Malik and once Edey stood in front of him. Will he bring that act again in mackey? He hurts your team even after the DUI.

No shock to see you over here Gilligan defending players that wouldn't give youthe time of day.
The foul on Gillis was weak compared to what was let go. It was a foul though. Not sure it was a cheap shot on Malik. It was a hard foul, but nothing bad. Make sure they don't score. TJD should have gotten a tech for trying to fight in a play he wasn't involved. But that's beyond the point. Only people that don't let him forget his DUI are haters. Dude made a mistake and apologized. Or do you think X is a distraction for his incidents? I don't, but that's me.

Since you are a fan of calling out baseless claims, show me all the missed fouls on edey. And give me a list of players from 2020 to 2024 that wanted iu, but went to Purdue. Least you could do after I showed ya some of the horrendous calls at nu you apparently missed and claimed we were claiming without evidence. Unless you believe shot clock violations with 22 seconds on the shot clock is a good call.

Last edited:

Couldn't happen to a better fan base. I was at a BDubs and some idiotic Purdue fan sat next to me and b*tched the entire game about the officiating. I kept my mouth shut and just played trivia, but towards the end, a MD player went up for a layup and visibly got bumped with the body. It was an obvious foul.....and he screams "how is that a foul?" I just put my face in my hands and laughed. Couldn't help it.

Man, Northwestern could win the regular season title.
Doubtful. They have 3 difficult road games left, at Illinois, at Maryland, and at Rutgers. That’s probably 3 more losses for them or at least 2 and they’re still a game behind Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT