ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Woodward says Trump & Putin have talked 7 times on the phone since 2021

Actually, there are high-value targets all over the midwest. Lima would probably be targeted, for example, because destroying the General Dynamics plant there (and killing the small handful of experts) would make maintaining our tanks very difficult. Pretty sure there's some important Air Force stuff going on in the middle of nowhere north central Indiana, too.
If it went to a full nuclear exchange, most of us are dead and those of us who aren't, would probably wish we were.

If it went to a full nuclear exchange, most of us are dead and those of us who aren't, would probably wish we were.
Read Nuclear War: A Scenario, by Annie Jacobsen. It will knock you on your ass. It details, second by second, minute by minute, the actions after the detection of a nuclear launch from North Korea. We have scant minutes after the immediate launch to do anything, to decide whether to launch in retaliation.

It is the most chilling book I have ever read. The detail Jacobsen brings to our detection and response procedures is amazing.

But the essential conclusion is that the world is fvcked beyond all comprehension - all is decided within the first few minutes.

Actually, there are high-value targets all over the midwest. Lima would probably be targeted, for example, because destroying the General Dynamics plant there (and killing the small handful of experts) would make maintaining our tanks very difficult. Pretty sure there's some important Air Force stuff going on in the middle of nowhere north central Indiana, too.

lol at tanks. That’s so last century

Read Nuclear War: A Scenario, by Annie Jacobsen. It will knock you on your ass. It details, second by second, minute by minute, the actions after the detection of a nuclear launch from North Korea. We have scant minutes after the immediate launch to do anything, to decide whether to launch in retaliation.

It is the most chilling book I have ever read. The detail Jacobsen brings to our detection and response procedures is amazing.

But the essential conclusion is that the world is fvcked beyond all comprehension - all is decided within the first few minutes.
I guess the aggressor country is assuming the country they’re firing at will sacrifice their population to save the rest of the world?

I was scared just listening to her being interviewed. Does she provide any hope/solutions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT