ADVERTISEMENT

Biden interview on ABC 8:00 EDT

A couple years ago when inflation was spiking and the sky was falling I started a thread here asking posters to describe the sacrifices and belt tightening they were doing to deal with the current economic climate. The vast majority said they were doing little or nothing different than before. A few talked about keeping a closer eye on their grocery budgets or curbing the most frivolous of their spending, but that was about it. Didn't hear about anyone forgoing vacations or putting off major purchases. Sure, prices had climbed, but everyone was able to absorb them and no one had needed to really change his lifestyle.

As the Cooler's token poor white trailer trash, I'm one that knows what it's like to have to deal with an economic downturn. The Great Recession damn near put us into abject poverty. The ACA was the single most important economic government program to be enacted in my adult years. Without it, we would have had to start looking at public assistance.

I've always been of the opinion that as long as anyone who wants a job can get one then things can be dealt with. That's where we're at today. The sky is not falling.
God awful logic. Just post I’m so hyper partisan I will excuse and overlook all shitty policies by my party. It’s shorter and more accurate. Biden just got co-opted by social workers who went on a free cheese spree. That’s not policy. The chips fell accordingly

Until we relinquish our tether to party and evaluate policy on the merits we will always get shitty governance. Reading this board we deserve nothing better. You would not be able to buy a home in most of America. That’s not okay

My minion and I went out for breakfast then I rented a paddle boat at our big park here to go around the water. Got around fifty yards out and realized it was all couples with mimosas and shit. Fing hell.

I went home and watched the England game. Can’t decide whether this is better or couples and mimosas and the dong days of summer
Tell us more about these dong days of summer...

A couple years ago when inflation was spiking and the sky was falling I started a thread here asking posters to describe the sacrifices and belt tightening they were doing to deal with the current economic climate. The vast majority said they were doing little or nothing different than before. A few talked about keeping a closer eye on their grocery budgets or curbing the most frivolous of their spending, but that was about it. Didn't hear about anyone forgoing vacations or putting off major purchases. Sure, prices had climbed, but everyone was able to absorb them and no one had needed to really change his lifestyle.

As the Cooler's token poor white trailer trash, I'm one that knows what it's like to have to deal with an economic downturn. The Great Recession damn near put us into abject poverty. The ACA was the single most important economic government program to be enacted in my adult years. Without it, we would have had to start looking at public assistance.

I've always been of the opinion that as long as anyone who wants a job can get one then things can be dealt with. That's where we're at today. The sky is not falling.
You are spot on Mark. You understand this like few do on this board.

No. He couldn’t be more off the mark. It’s excusing poor policy and until as I said we relinquish our tether to party we are screwed and will continue to have poor governance. Writing from southern Indiana and central Illinois where no offense no one wants to live of course prices are cheap. Try living somewhere people actually want to live or where most people do live. NYC. California.

The issue is simple. More gov cooked the economy. Let people go. Let businesses go. Gov needs to get out of the way. This is a problem.

Biden’s approval rating was shit long before people saw his brain in action. It’s bc of the border and prices. Houses. Cars. Not people living in central Illinois where it’s like 1950

Salaries have not kept up with the price increase. Jobs. They keep Fing up the jobs report and half the people have three

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
God awful logic. Just post I’m so hyper partisan I will excuse and overlook all shitty policies by my party. It’s shorter and more accurate. Biden just got co-opted by social workers who went on a free cheese spree. That’s not policy. The chips fell accordingly

Until we relinquish our tether to party and evaluate policy on the merits we will always get shitty governance. Reading this board we deserve nothing better. You would not be able to buy a home in most of America. That’s not okay
This is exceptionally poor form from you.

Lol. He understands diddly. Anecdotal evidence from one person. I can produce 10 who say the opposite. Bidenomics has hurt the low to middle class more than anyone.

We've given 113B to Ukraine but 3.8M to Hawaii for Lahaina. 153B for student loans but 3.8M to Hawaii for Lahaina. 3.3B to Israel but 3.8M to Hawaii for Lahaina.

Maybe we should take care of our own.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Lol. He understands diddly. Anecdotal evidence from one person. I can produce 10 who say the opposite. Bidenomics has hurt the low to middle class more than anyone.

We've given 113B to Ukraine but 3.8M to Hawaii for Lahaina. 153B for student loans but 3.8M to Hawaii for Lahaina. 3.3B to Israel but 3.8M to Hawaii for Lahaina.

Exactly. The American dream is lost for so many as a result of free cheese and inane Covid policy. Unnecessary gov intervention

Reactions: ribbont

A vote for Biden and the progressives was for open borders, dependency, victimhood, and wealth redistribution.

Goat can only answer with meaningless platitudes instead of data and facts. Cowards way out of having a real discussion.
Why can't we all just get along :)

GR1h6qxXgAAHOEf

As the Cooler's token poor white trailer trash
OMFG....
Other than the last 12 years of my life, your position has been 100% better than mine. Simply because you are more intelligent and more focused. So please stop the whole "Trailer Trash" sympathy crap.
You are quite successful in my eyes.

OMFG....
Other than the last 12 years of my life, your position has been 100% better than mine. Simply because you are more intelligent and more focused. So please stop the whole "Trailer Trash" sympathy crap.
Dude, you've had three wives. I was 45 before I snagged my first, and had to import her. I'll never live up to you.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
Dude, you've had three wives. I was 45 before I snagged my first, and had to import her. I'll never live up to you.
Yet again you prove my point ! "Dude, you've survived 3 Cranial hemoroidalectomies..." Sounds like a hoot, doesn't it!
I would have been happy in life, if I'd followed your plan.
Hell, I'm so stoopid, I'm looking at Lar's sister and I haven't even got rid of #3 yet.
Your way is sooo much better !!! in every way actually.

You are the lucky (smart) bastard around here !!!

OMFG....

What happened 12 years ago?

I called "BS" on how I was merely accepting what life was giving me, and made one phone call that has changed my life since. I called a guy and said, "when is my first day working for you"?
It was for a sales gig, so.... It kinda worked out pretty well.
Amazing how those calls change the direction of our lives. When is my first day working for you. When were you supposed to get your period

I did and Bolton didn’t say what you think he said, which I presume is why you won't link support for your assertion. He wasn't with him the entire time and says he didn't hear it when he was with him then goes on to say disparaging others is what Trump does. Again, it fits. You're so deranged by your Trump devotion that you don't have an objective bone left in your body. True TDS. You won't even acknowledge what Trump said about McCain. Multiple sources confirmed that he called dead soldiers losers and dead Marines suckers, which fits with what he said about McCain. Of course, Trump says he didn't, and you believe a proven serial liar of extremely low character over people like Kelly and his associates. This is because you're deranged. I truly hope it's temporary and you move back into reality when he's gone.

What's really sad is that I agree with most of you guys on many policies, but you get all butthurt that I can't and won't support Trump. I see him for the unfit ass that he is. Get over it. Live with it. If you don't reply to me or mention me, you can live in your little alternate reality Trump bubble all you want without any comment from me to you.
I’d love to see you audio/video proof of Trump saying those things. Again, you believe everything negative and nothing positive about all things Trump. Soft

I’d love to see you audio/video proof of Trump saying those things. Again, you believe everything negative and nothing positive about all things Trump. Soft
The comments were heard by Trump's Chief of Staff, retired USMC General John Kelly. Trump wasn't stupid enough to make the remarks in front of a microphone or camera. He learned that lesson after he publicly denigrated John McCain who was held captive and tortured by the North Vietnamese for five years while Trump was getting laid and experiencing his, as he described it, "personal Vietnam" in trying to avoid contracting STDs.

Trump's a sociopath who has no concept of personal sacrifice or doing for others without receiving something in return. That's consistent with his comment to Kelly (which must have felt like a gut punch to the general) while the two stood near the grave of Kelly's son at Arlington on Memorial Day during Trump's presidency: "I don't get it. What was in it for them?" "Asshole" doesn't begin to describe this miserable excuse for a human being.

Total game changer. For somebody. But we have to man up, do our responsibility, and find that "we" were out of town 28 days ago and are safe and sound... kinda... :)
I’m not immune to Ben affleck moments. I had a good one last night you’ll appreciate. I’m driving my minion to drop him off and on the screen is that song stick season. He likes it and it’s funny to hear him sing along that he’ll drink alcohol til his friends come home for Christmas. Screen changes to Ex wife calling. Daughter doesn’t want a birthday party. She wants to know if she could take a couple friends for a weekend to nyc instead for her bday. Ex goes and of course you and I could go to chaperone. Oh and she wants her belly button pierced. Say no.
I didn’t respond other than to say “i have big boy in the car and I’m dropping him off. I can’t talk.”

Get to ex stokers. “What’s all over his mouth?” “I don’t know. Bombpops I guess.” “Great. Remember our talk about treats?!” “I don’t know. He was watching his shows.” “Oh my god! We talked about screen time!” “That’s right.”

Get into my car. Peace for one night. Drive ten minutes. Song on screen interrupted. Ex stoker calling. “Did you take his temperature? “No. Why?” “HE HAS A 102 TEMPERATURE !!!!” “Oh man that’s probably why he was sucking down bombpops.” “Ya think?” Click.

I pull into the parking lot of target. Get out of the car and without even realizing it say loudly. OH MY F*UCKING GOD. Look over and two feet away is an entire family getting out of a minivan looking at me. In shock

The comments were heard by Trump's Chief of Staff, retired USMC General John Kelly. Trump wasn't stupid enough to make the remarks in front of a microphone or camera. He learned that lesson after he publicly denigrated John McCain who was held captive and tortured by the North Vietnamese for five years while Trump was getting laid and experiencing his, as he described it, "personal Vietnam" in trying to avoid contracting STDs.

Trump's a sociopath who has no concept of personal sacrifice or doing for others without receiving something in return. That's consistent with his comment to Kelly (which must have felt like a gut punch to the general) while the two stood near the grave of Kelly's son at Arlington on Memorial Day during Trump's presidency: "I don't get it. What was in it for them?" "Asshole" doesn't begin to describe this miserable excuse for a human being.
Having known a few Marine Generals (and one Commandant of the Marine Corps) I can tell you with an extremely high degree of confidence that had Trump actually said those things to Kelly on either occasion, at either site, one of two things would have happened (and most likely both): Trump would have incurred a broken nose (or worse) and/or received his resignation on the spot...

Most people would "think" about reacting in that way..., Marines just go ahead and Act...

Marines don't take shit from anyone disparaging other Marines and that goes quadruple for dead Marines (you can extrapolate from there how they'd react if he had actually dishonored the Generals son)...

Had that actually happened (Trumps disparaging Gen. Kelly's deceased son [at his gravesite no less]...) the reality is that neither of them would still be with us because Kelly would have unhesitatingly crushed Trumps larynx and the Secret Service would have ended Kelly...

General Kelly obviously had some major disagreements with Trump at the end of his tenure and clearly has decided to find a way to screw him... I'm disappointed in his approach...

That is so funny after pictures like in the story here

Or here

Then of course this classic. Even IF the Miss Teen contestants are lying, he freely admits to walking in on changing contestants in other parents.
Thats a far cry from what Biden did...I also realize that it's frowned upon here to bring up what Joe did. Which is the usual narrative at this place and time in our country which doesn't remind me of our country, but rather more like a dystopian nightmare.

Having known a few Marine Generals (and one Commandant of the Marine Corps) I can tell you with an extremely high degree of confidence that had Trump actually said those things to Kelly on either occasion, at either site, one of two things would have happened (and most likely both): Trump would have incurred a broken nose (or worse) and/or received his resignation on the spot...

Most people would "think" about reacting in that way..., Marines just go ahead and Act...

Marines don't take shit from anyone disparaging other Marines and that goes quadruple for dead Marines (you can extrapolate from there how they'd react if he had actually dishonored the Generals son)...

Had that actually happened (Trumps disparaging Gen. Kelly's deceased son [at his gravesite no less]...) the reality is that neither of them would still be with us because Kelly would have unhesitatingly crushed Trumps larynx and the Secret Service would have ended Kelly...

General Kelly obviously had some major disagreements with Trump at the end of his tenure and clearly has decided to find a way to screw him... I'm disappointed in his approach...

The Atlantic runs the story and the reaction of Trump sycophants is, "anonymous sources, ha ha". So one come forward and the result from sycophants is, "he's a Marine and they always fight first". Good, you have called him a liar, being a Marine he will beat the crap out of you for that. Right?

Thats a far cry from what Biden did...I also realize that it's frowned upon here to bring up what Joe did. Which is the usual narrative at this place and time in our country which doesn't remind me of our country, but rather more like a dystopian nightmare.

Bring up what he did, I ain't voting for him. But don't act high and mighty when you vote for Trump and his crap.

The Atlantic runs the story and the reaction of Trump sycophants is, "anonymous sources, ha ha". So one come forward and the result from sycophants is, "he's a Marine and they always fight first". Good, you have called him a liar, being a Marine he will beat the crap out of you for that. Right?
He'd most likely attempt to (and I am calling him a liar). What he doesn't know is that I know the counters to nearly everything he's been taught (but I'd also make certain I was a good 15 feet+ away from him when I said it. The old boy has both the reach and the lunge on me...).

Kelly became a political creature there at the end... His attempt to undermine Trump with his base was strategically targeted (which I'd expect from him) and far beneath his station ( which is both somewhat surprising and very disappointing)...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT