ADVERTISEMENT

Biden and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

This race reminds me of the celebrity boxing matches that featured people like Manut Bol vs Frigerator Perry...or Screetch versus Urkel... Except the winners of those fights didn't become the leaders of the free world.

To me, they're both embarrassing. I don't think I should have to measure their levels of embarrassment. I'm deeply embarrassed that either/both of them are our main choices for The.F-ing.President.Of.The.United.States.Of.America... Not some podunk mayor, not a representative...POTUS??!!

Our White House...Oval Office...Lincoln Bedroom...Rose Garden... will either be led by someone on house arrest, or will need to be turned in a assisted living Nursing Home...AFTER we've already experienced how crappy both choices are. What a damn joke that what, 100+ million people are either enthusiastically behind one of those choices...or are accepting enough to keep allowing it to happen. And the rest of us are forced to either not choose, or to choose the least crappy choice. At this point...it probably doesn't really matter who wins. We've already all lost.
I think we have to accept that the competency fight is over. Both sides look stupid trying to prop their guy up as somehow more fit.

The only difference that matters to me is I'm worried Trump will destroy the current world order and end whatever is left of Pax Americana. I'm not worried about Biden doing that. I can't see Biden pulling out of NATO or telling Taiwan they are on their own. I can genuinely see Trump doing it.

The emotional tie is hard. If you look at it as a pure investment it’s an easy call. The rents being paid are horrible when you weigh against market value of the land.
Yep that’s what my financial adviser told me. I could live to be 200 and not get in rent what I’d get for selling it now, only made sense.

I think we have to accept that the competency fight is over. Both sides look stupid trying to prop their guy up as somehow more fit.

The only difference that matters to me is I'm worried Trump will destroy the current world order and end whatever is left of Pax Americana. I'm not worried about Biden doing that. I can't see Biden pulling out of NATO or telling Taiwan they are on their own. I can genuinely see Trump doing it.
Look at the absolute shit show Biden has created at the border. And it’s not like it was an accident. He did what he SET OUT to do.

Is he really any better than Trump?

Look at the absolute shit show Biden has created at the border. And it’s not like it was an accident. He did what he SET OUT to do.

Yes, for the reason I listed. Global balance of power is the deciding concern. I just can't get past it. Flood as many refugees over the border as you want, and that still doesn't scare me as much as the possibility of Trump telling Europe to go f*ck themselves.

Yes, for the reason I listed. Global balance of power is the deciding concern. I just can't get past it. Flood as many refugees over the border as you want, and that still doesn't scare me as much as the possibility of Trump telling Europe to go f*ck themselves.
The fbi is concerned about terrorists infiltrating the country through Biden’s wide open border.

If, God forbid, their concerns end up justified, Biden will have been a much bigger threat.

The fbi is concerned about terrorists infiltrating the country through Biden’s wide open border.

If, God forbid, their concerns end up justified, Biden will have been a much bigger threat.
No. There is no bigger threat than the complete breakdown of the global balance of power. During those times in history when humanity is lucky enough to experience such a balance, we live in unparalleled peace and quiet. And that's what we have now. For all the horrible things we see on the news, the human world as a whole is more peaceful and less violent and dangerous than it ever has been in known history.

If a terrorist sneaks over the border and blows something up, that sucks. It doesn't begin to compare with a world war.

Trump fvcking hates NATO. He said over the weekend he'd "encourage Russia to do whatever the hell they want" to a NATO ally that doesn't meet its defense spending guidelines. Maybe some day we'll find out why Putin gives Trump a hard-on.

Last edited:
Bolton on CNN is saying that he has no doubt whatsoever that, in a 2nd term, Trump would withdraw from NATO and (further) "knife Israel, South Korea, Taiwan..."

Lol doesn't make it right what he did. Move along if you don't care
Moving along is all that's available to us. In a perfect world, the powers that be in the Democratic party would successfully convince Biden to step aside for a better candidate. But since that's not going to happen, all we can do is argue that Biden is the lesser of two evils. Which I whole-heartedly believe to be the case. But the argument that Biden is actually sharp as a tack isn't going to work. We have to accept the reality that he's now going to be seen as a decrepit old man, and convince people that he's still better than the other decrepit old man.

I'm not so sure about that. I think there's one person he'd listen to, the same guy who persuaded him (Biden) not to run in 2016. Obama.
Naw, Biden wasn't interested. He was fine with Hillary getting the nomination.

Why do you think he SET OUT to have a shit show at the border?

Sounds like your ship came in. Good for you, and congratulations!
Thanks, I’m sure it’s nothing compared to many, but I always knew I’d never get rich on a teacher’s salary. I don’t need to be rich, but I still have travel to do and experiences to give to my family.

My first reaction was that this was a tad bit overblown, but much like Biden's memory, if the Trump camp truly wanted to counter the narrative, they easily could. It's telling they don't.

Add today's Bolton and Kelly comments, and my concerns are not assuaged.
Yeah, Trump’s usual hamfisted bluster. His point is sound and I’m surprised more members don’t apply pressure on the freeloaders.

He based on this graph, there was an increase in member defense spending during and after his term.
NATO%20defence%20expenditure%20estimates%20for%202023%20120224%20CREDIT%20NATO.jpg

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Naw, Biden wasn't interested. He was fine with Hillary getting the nomination.
Yeah, I'm not sure about that.

According to this piece, and reporting by Peter Baker of the NYT, Obama dissuaded Biden from running. I don't dispute, though, that Beau Biden's recent death was likely a factor in the decision.

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere and not sure where to put it, so this thread is probably as good as any.

It appears to me that more of this type of stuff will likely leak and the Dems will end up self correcting with another candidate. Will it happen in time, or will it happen too soon?

There's a lot to unpack in there, but holy cow does that paint a bad picture ahead of the general election.

Edited to add - By "more of this stuff" I mean additional negative stories from news outlets about other policy areas that aren't polling well ahead of the election.

Last edited:
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere and not sure where to put it, so this thread is probably as good as any.

It appears to me that more of this type of stuff will likely leak and the Dems will end up self correcting with another candidate. Will it happen in time, or will it happen too soon?

There's a lot to unpack in there, but holy cow does that paint a bad picture ahead of the general election.

Edited to add - By "more of this stuff" I mean additional negative stories from news outlets about other policy areas that aren't polling well ahead of the election.
mercy. a totally worthless administration

Reactions: jet812
Butler County Sheriff painting a bleak picture following a briefing from the FBI Director at the National Sheriffs' Association conference in DC last week.

"More red flags popping up than before 9/11"

“The terrorists are here, we have already been told that, from 160 countries that want to do us harm. We have been told by the FBI that they are here and it is just a matter of time before they attack.”

It's a long listen and has some politics involved, obviously. I'm looking for something to corroborate it or shoot it full of holes.

FBI Press release on the National Sheriffs' Association briefing.

Last edited:
According to the CDC, 20 other states also "Criminalize or Control Actions Through HIV-Specific Statutes and Regulations".

Wonder why they're singling out TN or if this is the first of 21 ADA suits?
Ennnhhhh . . . I don't know but Tennessee can be a little uppity when it comes to these sorts of things. They might be thinking that Tennessee is the bell cow, and if they can make them knuckle under, the rest will follow.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Ennnhhhh . . . I don't know but Tennessee can be a little uppity when it comes to these sorts of things. They might be thinking that Tennessee is the bell cow, and if they can make them knuckle under, the rest will follow.
I guess that would make sense. I wonder how they square this up with the DOJ's guidance that you could use anti-terrorism laws against those who intentionally spread the coronavirus?

I guess that would make sense. I wonder how they square this up with the DOJ's guidance that you could use anti-terrorism laws against those who intentionally spread the coronavirus?
I dunno . . . is the ADA applicable to anti-terrorism laws? Different administrations?

I dunno.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT