ADVERTISEMENT

Best shooter

Lander is laughable.
well, I think he was listing them in order, so he's predicting #5 in 3pt % or makes. He should get a lot of minutes and we know TJD, Race, Geronimo shouldn't top him in shooting, so by default, that probably makes him top 5-6 in shooting. We know he's not afraid to put them up even when he's shooting miserably, so if you imagine he gets maybe 10 more minutes a game, and actually starts to make a reasonable #, imagine what might happen then?

Who will hit the most threes this year and who will have the best percentage?

I got Kopp, when he said his goal is to be the best shooter in the country, that grabbed my attention. I love confidence walking the line with cocky. Ok to step over that line from time to time IMO. I also feel at a place like AH, it can bring out more in a confident player. Rod and Devonte come to mind.

When I gaze into my fine crystal, I see Miller hitting 73/167 threes, at a 43.7% clip.

Kopp
Leal
Bates
Stewart
Lander
Luke Brown....oh wait you mean on IU's team. lol I just had to do it.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
well, I think he was listing them in order, so he's predicting #5 in 3pt % or makes. He should get a lot of minutes and we know TJD, Race, Geronimo shouldn't top him in shooting, so by default, that probably makes him top 5-6 in shooting. We know he's not afraid to put them up even when he's shooting miserably, so if you imagine he gets maybe 10 more minutes a game, and actually starts to make a reasonable #, imagine what might happen then?
Saying he will shoot better than Rob and X, not going out on a huge limb there. We will actually have multiple shooters this year. Leal will surprise this year, we will go over in detail in Cavanagh's Corner ;).

Reactions: T.M.P.
Saying he will shoot better than Rob and X, not going out on a huge limb there. We will actually have multiple shooters this year. Leal will surprise this year, we will go over in detail in Cavanagh's Corner ;).
Maybe on Leal. I said earlier, you almost need a minimum # of attempts to determine the "best shooter" or you end up with someone over 50% who only shoots 3 and makes 2. That's where I expect Leal to get disqualified. I'm thinking the minimum # would be 30 as a shooter, roughly taking at least 1 per game and I'm not sure Leal will get there with the shooters/scorers in front of him.

I get it. From that perspective, I can see your / his point. But I believe Lander was worst or near the worst on the team last year. So even removing players who do not attempt many / any threes, it would be one giant leap to make top 5. One thing is for sure, @Cavanagh.13 loves a good bet. I bet that RP shoots it better from three than Lander next season. Minimum 50 attempts.

I get it. From that perspective, I can see your / his point. But I believe Lander was worst or near the worst on the team last year. So even removing players who do not attempt many / any threes, it would be one giant leap to make top 5. One thing is for sure, @Cavanagh.13 loves a good bet. I bet that RP shoots it better from three than Lander next season. Minimum 50 attempts.
DONE!!!!! bet accepted

Reactions: aajohn2000
Maybe on Leal. I said earlier, you almost need a minimum # of attempts to determine the "best shooter" or you end up with someone over 50% who only shoots 3 and makes 2. That's where I expect Leal to get disqualified. I'm thinking the minimum # would be 30 as a shooter, roughly taking at least 1 per game and I'm not sure Leal will get there with the shooters/scorers in front of him.
I will gladly bet you Leal attempts over 30 threes.

I am wildly projecting on Bates, even for me. I really really really like his personality. More often than not, maturity and strong leader qualities will translate.

I am really looking forward to watching him play in the Bahamas. Will try to temper my expectations before I actually see him dribble a ball in person.
Why do you have to make claims like this? You’re always wrong. Can’t remember a time you were right. Give the kid a fair chance.

Lander is an inefficient chucker.

I will gladly bet you Leal attempts over 30 threes.
nope, not taking that. He really should; I think he attempted 33 last year. I'm just not positive because even with losing Al and Armaan, he may have moved down the pecking order with Bates, Stewart, Kopp and XJ coming in. I think minutes are going to be hard to come by for some, and that could be Leal and Galloway.

nope, not taking that. He really should; I think he attempted 33 last year. I'm just not positive because even with losing Al and Armaan, he may have moved down the pecking order with Bates, Stewart, Kopp and XJ coming in. I think minutes are going to be hard to come by for some, and that could be Leal and Galloway.

I think Leal is gonna be a dead eye shooter for IU. I don't see him under 40% for the rest of his career. Minutes? Not sure, hoping they are hard to come by and it is competitive. He will find the floor if his stroke is as good as I anticipate though. I am a big Anthony Leal fan ;)!

Reactions: outside shooter
I think Leal is gonna be a dead eye shooter for IU. I don't see him under 40% for the rest of his career. Minutes? Not sure, hoping they are hard to come by and it is competitive. He will find the floor if his stroke is as good as I anticipate though. I am a big Anthony Leal fan ;)!
I still have my doubts about Leal and Galloway. I said at the time it was a mistake to take both, because of the position overlap and I still feel that way. If you could combine their skills into a single player, I think you'd have something with Leal's shooting and Galloway's aggressiveness, but individually I don't know that either will, or should see many minutes for a top third BT program. I'm all for development and have no problem with 4 year or role players, but that's about where I'm guessing they'll be without a major jump. And, I'll issue the standard disclaimer because they are Hoosiers: I hope I'm dead wrong.

And still shot better from 3 than Ivey 😂😂
Maybe percentage wise but you’re once again showing your ignorance when you fail to compare Ivey at 4.2 attempts per compared to Lander at 1.7. Of lander had shot 3 times his current attempts per he would likely have a much lower percentage. Also, nobody would trade Ivey for Lander, only you. I also recall Ivey hitting a game winning 3 in a huge game against a top 25 opponent. Did Lamder ever do that?

Reactions: Bill4411
Maybe percentage wise but you’re once again showing your ignorance when you fail to compare Ivey at 4.2 attempts per compared to Lander at 1.7. Of lander had shot 3 times his current attempts per he would likely have a much lower percentage. Also, nobody would trade Ivey for Lander, only you. I also recall Ivey hitting a game winning 3 in a huge game against a top 25 opponent. Did Lamder ever do that?
Or Lander would have a better percentage on higher attempts because he wouldn’t be getting shots up cold from being on the bench….

I never said I would take Lander over Ivey.

Not sure why you are trying to use Ivey’s GW as a comparison of how the two are as 3pt shooters. Ivey is a terrible 3pt shooter. There is no argument.

Or Lander would have a better percentage on higher attempts because he wouldn’t be getting shots up cold from being on the bench….

I never said I would take Lander over Ivey.

Not sure why you are trying to use Ivey’s GW as a comparison of how the two are as 3pt shooters. Ivey is a terrible 3pt shooter. There is no argument.
His percentage wouldn’t have gone up. He averaged 1.7 shots per game but didn’t play in every game so he wasn’t afraid to throw up air balls.
Ivey has yet to become a great 3 point shooter but his average over the back end of the season was respectable. Shot selection is his issue and like Carsen Edwards, I doubt he is being told not to take them. Players like that are given the green light early and often and for good reason.

Reactions: Bill4411
His percentage wouldn’t have gone up. He averaged 1.7 shots per game but didn’t play in every game so he wasn’t afraid to throw up air balls.
Ivey has yet to become a great 3 point shooter but his average over the back end of the season was respectable. Shot selection is his issue and like Carsen Edwards, I doubt he is being told not to take them. Players like that are given the green light early and often and for good reason.
I guarantee you Lander’s 3pt percentage is higher this year with increased PT.

Lol at you trying to compare Ivey to Carsen Edwards as a 3pt shooter. Not even in the same ballpark. Purdue fans cling to Ivey’s “back end of the season stats”, they refuse to acknowledge that those stats are only from 2 good games (the last two). Other than those two games, he was his regular awful self from 3.

In 7 games with team USA, he shot 28% from 3.

I still have my doubts about Leal and Galloway. I said at the time it was a mistake to take both, because of the position overlap and I still feel that way. If you could combine their skills into a single player, I think you'd have something with Leal's shooting and Galloway's aggressiveness, but individually I don't know that either will, or should see many minutes for a top third BT program. I'm all for development and have no problem with 4 year or role players, but that's about where I'm guessing they'll be without a major jump. And, I'll issue the standard disclaimer because they are Hoosiers: I hope I'm dead wrong.
I will tell him you said that!

I'll bite. What's the angle for you?
I graduated with a sports broadcasting degree. I talk for a living. This is my dream. I have a budget, that I will pay all the players to come talk to me. At the same time I’m building my brand and what I do. One phone call has vast possibilities for me in my world.

Great way for me to build my brand, help the athlete build theirs as well. If you are an athlete would you wanna get paid to do an interview by me and let’s talk about what you wanna talk about, issues you like, no rules, I run the show. Or you gonna do one for free with a weird old guy running through the same old motions.

Brave new world. You know I like to gamble. See what this brings me!

oh and I bet you will watch!!! -10,000 are those odds.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
I will tell him you said that!
Please do. If that's the fuel he can use for the fire to work a little harder and prove me wrong, well, then we all win. Didn't say anything about him or Galloway not being quality kids and good players. Hope they both make me eat my words. Just an opinion, and you know what they say about those!

And, congratulations btw!

Please do. If that's the fuel he can use for the fire to work a little harder and prove me wrong, well, then we all win. Didn't say anything about him or Galloway not being quality kids and good players. Hope they both make me eat my words. Just an opinion, and you know what they say about those!

And, congratulations btw!
Ha, I am just getting started. I am bucking the system, in a big way, see if it pays off.

The greatest entrepreneurs went big early. I have a pretty big budget for what I want to do, and from my talks with multiple players and families, I will have my opportunity to find out if my idea is gonna work.

I mean I booked a trip to the Bahamas that will cost me about 5 grand, if I am willing to spend that on some preseason games..... Why not?

I guarantee you Lander’s 3pt percentage is higher this year with increased PT.

Lol at you trying to compare Ivey to Carsen Edwards as a 3pt shooter. Not even in the same ballpark. Purdue fans cling to Ivey’s “back end of the season stats”, they refuse to acknowledge that those stats are only from 2 good games (the last two). Other than those two games, he was his regular awful self from 3.

In 7 games with team USA, he shot 28% from 3.
We will just have to wait and see. Carsen was shorting a miserable percentage in the regular season before he got to the tourney and lit it up. I’m not at all concerned as he has already proven he can score. If he hits 3’s as well then that’s just gravy.

We will just have to wait and see. Carsen was shorting a miserable percentage in the regular season before he got to the tourney and lit it up. I’m not at all concerned as he has already proven he can score. If he hits 3’s as well then that’s just gravy.
He’s proven he can score on a high volume of shots. That’s not impressive.

You continue to compare him to Carsen Edwards lol. Carsen Edwards “miserable 3pt percentage” his final year in conference was still 9% better than Ivey’s conference 3pt percentage. Ivey isn’t on the same planet as Carsen Edwards was as a scorer.

Of lander had shot 3 times his current attempts per he would likely have a much lower percentage.
You don't know that, Twinkle.

Unless you're actually Nostradumbass and can unerringly read all possible timelines.

Need at least one Leary,Roth type of sharpshooter. Maybe Kopp will be that guy with more versatility.

Who will hit the most threes this year and who will have the best percentage?

I got Kopp, when he said his goal is to be the best shooter in the country, that grabbed my attention. I love confidence walking the line with cocky. Ok to step over that line from time to time IMO. I also feel at a place like AH, it can bring out more in a confident player. Rod and Devonte come to mind.

When I gaze into my fine crystal, I see Miller hitting 73/167 threes, at a 43.7% clip.

Kopp
Leal
Bates
Stewart
Lander
I may be in the minority but I don’t see Stewart being much of a factor. I think he will have RP, Lander, Leal, Bates all play in front of him. I think we will see a lot of Johnson and lander together

I may be in the minority but I don’t see Stewart being much of a factor. I think he will have RP, Lander, Leal, Bates all play in front of him. I think we will see a lot of Johnson and lander together

I really hope Lander and X are the staring guards. That is phenomenal ball handling.

So why did he regress on a better northwestern team last season? Maybe the sophomore year was the outlier.

Lol @ you for being bothered by 2% and acting like 38% isn’t good enough.

Glad you brought Hunter up since he shot 36% from deep on 4 shots per game as a sophomore. That was sandwiched between 2 seasons under 30%. If I said I thought he would hit 36% this season would you make one of your unfunny remarks you usually do? I think you probably would.
Did you watch any NW games last year? He was all they had and was a focal point for every defense. He was the only bail out option and a lot of his shots were taken because there was no one else.

Stewart will play a lot, according to TJD he is a lights out shooter, none of the guys you have ahead of him have a track record of being able to score, the videos show Stewart to be a good ball handler, can get his shot from anywhere and can, at times, carry the load scoring wise. Don't be surprised if Stewart looks a little like Blackmon did for IU. Woodson will ensure that there will also be scorers on the floor. Can you imagine a team with RP, Lander and Leal as the guy you need to rely on for a key bucket. The video shows all Stewart needs is a crease, RP, Lander and Leal couldn't be relied on for even a layup, much less a three pointer. Nut sure how much IU you watched last year to come up with your conclusion, but I watched a lot and those guys were not scorers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT