ADVERTISEMENT

Best shooter

You are going on about Kopp being a poor 3pt shooter (for some reason). Yet, you guys think Jaden Ivey is a lock for All American even though he’s a terrible 3pt shooter. Kopp will shoot high 30s/low 40s from 3 this year.
Show me proof that I keep going on about him being a poor 3pt shooter.
I said I thought he’d hit the 38% that Durham did. You just metioned he’d shoot high 30s which is the same thing! LMAO!

I did just point out that he had the worst 3% of anyone who attempted a 3 on northwestern last year. That’s just a fact but it isn’t calling him a bad shooter. I said that as a response to someone saying he had to take the shots even with defenses keying on him because northwestern had no one else. With 4 double digit scorers and a team full of players who shot a better % I think we all know that’s just a BS statement.

Reactions: Monk1014
I said I thought he’d hit the 38% that Durham did. You just metioned he’d shoot high 30s which is the same thing! LMAO!

I did just point out that he had the worst 3% of anyone who attempted a 3 on northwestern last year. That’s just a fact but it isn’t calling him a bad shooter. I said that as a response to someone saying he had to take the shots even with defenses keying on him because northwestern had no one else. With 4 double digit scorers and a team full of players who shot a better % I think we all know that’s just a BS statement.
More troll sh!t. That’s all that comment was. Go derail the umpteen threads about IU on the PUke board.

Miller Kopp was the focus of the opposing team’s defense every game. He was asked to take many contested/off balance 3s last year which lead to a percentage drop. He will just be shooting catch and shoot 3s at IU, so it’s likely his percentage goes back up to around what it was his previous season.

Reactions: Champs1976
Miller Kopp was the focus of the opposing team’s defense every game. He was asked to take many contested/off balance 3s last year which lead to a percentage drop. He will just be shooting catch and shoot 3s at IU, so it’s likely his percentage goes back up to around what it was his previous season.
I agreed with that statement of yours about catch and shoot 3s previously. Might’ve even been in this thread. He wasn’t the focus of opposing defenses either. Especially late in the season

This post doesn’t show me where I’ve said he’s a poor shooter though.

I agreed with that statement of yours about catch and shoot 3s previously. Might’ve even been in this thread. He wasn’t the focus of opposing defenses either. Especially late in the season

Of course he was the focus, he was always the bailout and he played the most minutes, so if he was so bad compared to the other NU players, why did Collins play him so much? Typically the best player on a team gets the most minutes or do you dispute that too?

Go back to your own board where you can get like PU cretins to agree with you.

Reactions: Torbin.Bequette
Stewart will play a lot, according to TJD he is a lights out shooter, none of the guys you have ahead of him have a track record of being able to score, the videos show Stewart to be a good ball handler, can get his shot from anywhere and can, at times, carry the load scoring wise. Don't be surprised if Stewart looks a little like Blackmon did for IU. Woodson will ensure that there will also be scorers on the floor. Can you imagine a team with RP, Lander and Leal as the guy you need to rely on for a key bucket. The video shows all Stewart needs is a crease, RP, Lander and Leal couldn't be relied on for even a layup, much less a three pointer. Nut sure how much IU you watched last year to come up with your conclusion, but I watched a lot and those guys were not scorers.
I hope you are correct, just his success was at a low major and he hasnt played in almost two year by the time season rolls around

Of course he was the focus, he was always the bailout and he played the most minutes, so if he was so bad compared to the other NU players, why did Collins play him so much? Typically the best player on a team gets the most minutes or do you dispute that too?

Go back to your own board where you can get like PU cretins to agree with you.
Here’s the Northwestern game vs Purdue last year. Kopp, to my honest surprise, stands in the corner on basically every possession. He wasn’t given any special attention by the defense. Didn’t even draw Purdue’s better defenders. He got Newman, Sasha, and I think Thompson a few possessions.

The game got close at times so I’d think the best player on the team would be asked to do more than what he did.

You said he was the worst shooter on his team, clearly implying he was a poor shooter.

You said he was the worst shooter on his team, clearly implying he was a poor shooter.
Not the worst shooter but had the worst % on his team. Was implying he wasn’t or I guess I should have said shouldn’t have been the main focus for defenses. After rewatching the Northwestern vs Purdue game I saw he clearly wasn’t. He was rightfully left alone in the corner to shoot 1-4 from deep and 2-9 overall.

not saying he isn’t capable. He started the year on fire last year but shot 21% the final 2/3 of the year.

Not the worst shooter but had the worst % on his team. Was implying he wasn’t or I guess I should have said shouldn’t have been the main focus for defenses. After rewatching the Northwestern vs Purdue game I saw he clearly wasn’t. He was rightfully left alone in the corner to shoot 1-4 from deep and 2-9 overall.

not saying he isn’t capable. He started the year on fire last year but shot 21% the final 2/3 of the year.
He shot 40 the year before and 90 from the line.

I wonder why do you keep ignoring that?

• Haha
Reactions: EarlTubbs
I guarantee you Lander’s 3pt percentage is higher this year with increased PT.

Lol at you trying to compare Ivey to Carsen Edwards as a 3pt shooter. Not even in the same ballpark. Purdue fans cling to Ivey’s “back end of the season stats”, they refuse to acknowledge that those stats are only from 2 good games (the last two). Other than those two games, he was his regular awful self from 3.

In 7 games with team USA, he shot 28% from 3.
But he still made the all tournament team.

But he still made the all tournament team.
Cool, he made the all tournament team playing against players under the age of 19. Definite lock for All American because of that. In fact, since Edey made the All tournament team two, you guys will have two locks for All American!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT