ADVERTISEMENT

Best shooter

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
Who will hit the most threes this year and who will have the best percentage?

I got Kopp, when he said his goal is to be the best shooter in the country, that grabbed my attention. I love confidence walking the line with cocky. Ok to step over that line from time to time IMO. I also feel at a place like AH, it can bring out more in a confident player. Rod and Devonte come to mind.

When I gaze into my fine crystal, I see Miller hitting 73/167 threes, at a 43.7% clip.

Kopp
Leal
Bates
Stewart
Lander

Last edited:

I got Kopp, when he said his goal is to be the best shooter in the country, that grabbed my attention. I love confidence walking the line with cocky. Ok to step over that line from time to time IMO. I also feel at a place like AH, it can bring out more in a confident player. Rod and Devonte come to mind.

When I gaze into my fine crystal, I see Miller hitting 73/167 threes, at a 43.7% clip.

Kopp
Leal
Bates
Stewart
Lander
Stewart and Kopp will battle it out for most made but I think Kopp will have higher percentage

Kopp
Leal
Bates
Stewart
Lander
Im going Stewart at 42% and 65 3s made. Kopp really close behind.

Kopp
Leal
Bates
Stewart
Lander
actually, when you get really great, most cross the line and are cocky, at least in their sport.

I'm not sure which you are asking, most or best %? I agree with someone who posted below, Stewart I think will make the most, because it's what I largely expect his role to be, while Kopp might shoot a higher percentage, because I think he'll probably have a more well rounded offensive game and will likely have fewer attempts.

actually, when you get really great, most cross the line and are cocky, at least in their sport.

I'm not sure which you are asking, most or best %? I agree with someone who posted below, Stewart I think will make the most, because it's what I largely expect his role to be, while Kopp might shoot a higher percentage, because I think he'll probably have a more well rounded offensive game and will likely have fewer attempts.
Agree. Stewart to make the most, Kopp highest percentage. That is of course unless someone like Leal makes a higher percentage taking fewer attempts.

Reactions: UncleMark and kkott
Agree. Stewart to make the most, Kopp highest percentage. That is of course unless someone like Leal makes a higher percentage taking fewer attempts.
Yeah, if you're really looking for the best shooter, I think there'd have to be a minimum # of attempts... 30 (roughly 1 per game)?

Reactions: Beorik
Yeah, if you're really looking for the best shooter, I think there'd have to be a minimum # of attempts... 30 (roughly 1 per game)?
I would like to see Leal take a leap but lots of competition at the wing now. Hard to imagine him taking a ton of shots this year.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13

One month from today, you will get the best scouting report known to man.

I wouldn’t sleep on a more relaxed Rob, though Parker is my favorite.
Yeah, I almost baited Cav by saying Rob too!

I do hope he is more relaxed and plays better, but I thought he underperformed last year. Hope he bounces back and has a lead role as a senior.

Yeah, I almost baited Cav by saying Rob too!

I do hope he is more relaxed and plays better, but I thought he underperformed last year. Hope he bounces back and has a lead role as a senior.
Frankly, I gave my top 5, and X or Rob are not in it. We might actually be a good shooting team. Not relying on shitty shooters to be our best shooters, should finally pan out.

We have been an utter embarrassment shooting wise the last few years, and that has understandably caused a pause in expectations. I just keep reminding myself how much we underachieved in the shooting department the last several years.

I think he'll probably have a more well rounded offensive game and will likely have fewer attempts.
You have that backwards ... Stewart is more versatile than Kopp. Triple threat vs single.

PK can also shoot 3's off the bounce something we sorely need. Kopp is more a catch and shoot guy.

Last edited:
You have that backwards ... Stewart is more versatile than Kopp. Triple threat vs single.

PK can also shoot 3's off the bounce something we sorely need. Kopp is more a catch and shoot guy.

Stewart, when he played for his dad, was asked to score from everywhere. Albeit he wasn’t stellar, he was an all around player.

Maybe I've got my NW players mixed up, but I remember they had a guy last year who I thought was pretty versatile and actually was pretty solid inside, with D and rebounding. Assumed that was Kopp, but honestly didn't pay a ton of attention. Anyway, I had it in my mind that he might be a great 4 in CMW's offense because unlike Race, he'd be comfortable on the perimeter on O but still able to muscle up and guard a more post oriented 4. So that's the role and versatility I had in mind.

Maybe I've got my NW players mixed up, but I remember they had a guy last year who I thought was pretty versatile and actually was pretty solid inside, with D and rebounding. Assumed that was Kopp, but honestly didn't pay a ton of attention. Anyway, I had it in my mind that he might be a great 4 in CMW's offense because unlike Race, he'd be comfortable on the perimeter on O but still able to muscle up and guard a more post oriented 4. So that's the role and versatility I had in mind.
Race is much better on D and a far superior rebounder compared to Miller. Kopp only had 3 blocks all year.

Kopp should be a dead eye shooter for us. I see many clear roles for players. Kopp and Stewart should just be wing shooters and cut on the baseline for easy lay ups. Lander x and Rob facilitators. Bates all around scorer and second best player. Tjd focal point of the offense.

Reactions: Beorik
Race is much better on D and a far superior rebounder compared to Miller. Kopp only had 3 blocks all year.

Kopp should be a dead eye shooter for us. I see many clear roles for players. Kopp and Stewart should just be wing shooters and cut on the baseline for easy lay ups. Lander x and Rob facilitators. Bates all around scorer and second best player. Tjd focal point of the offense.
I usually agree with most of your post and assessments but I’ve had to pull back my expectations of incoming freshmen. I want Bates to be good, but I’m not sure IU will be very good if Bates is our second best player this season. Of course I could be wrong and Bates blows up and is the exceptional freshman we hope for.
Go IU

I usually agree with most of your post and assessments but I’ve had to pull back my expectations of incoming freshmen. I want Bates to be good, but I’m not sure IU will be very good if Bates is our second best player this season. Of course I could be wrong and Bates blows up and is the exceptional freshman we hope for.
Go IU

I am wildly projecting on Bates, even for me. I really really really like his personality. More often than not, maturity and strong leader qualities will translate.

I am really looking forward to watching him play in the Bahamas. Will try to temper my expectations before I actually see him dribble a ball in person.

Go IU
Totally agree on not expecting too much out of freshman and I think that's always the wisest approach, but it also does happen where guys are pleasant surprises. Cheaney and Guyton both come to mind as guys who came in a bit under the radar who I didn't expect much from and were solid from day one. Won't surprise me if Bates is the same. Seemed like he was rising in the rankings pretty fast last spring/summer and that might've been slowed by Covid even. XJ probably takes some of the opportunity from last year, but there is ample opportunity for anyone who can shoot, which is not supposed to be XJ's strength and then you have the departure of Durham and Franklin and so there is a great opportunity for him if he can take it.

Reactions: ericrossiu
Cheaney was more than a bit under the radar. Coaches may have known early on but the fans thought he was an end of the bench guy. (pre-internet and and a senior h.s. season ended injury contributed to that misconception)

Cav, I will wait to see it but I don't share your expectation that TJD will be the focus point of the offense unless he makes some amazing off season progress. In the 4-1 offense the ball needs to keep moving in an unselfish manner.

I don’t think anyone will shoot as well as Franklin did last season. Kopp will have the highest % and he’s a career 36%. I don’t see why he couldn’t get to the 38% Durham had last season for you guys. Maybe Stewart gets close to that % as well but it’s been something like 4 years since he’s consistently played against high major competition.

I don’t think anyone will shoot as well as Franklin did last season. Kopp will have the highest % and he’s a career 36%. I don’t see why he couldn’t get to the 38% Durham had last season for you guys. Maybe Stewart gets close to that % as well but it’s been something like 4 years since he’s consistently played against high major competition.
😂😂😂

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
😂😂😂

giphy.gif

I am wildly projecting on Bates, even for me. I really really really like his personality. More often than not, maturity and strong leader qualities will translate.

I am really looking forward to watching him play in the Bahamas. Will try to temper my expectations before I actually see him dribble a ball in person.

i know a girl with a great personality i could fix you up with.

i'm guessing she would be a better fit for you than the bikini model i know. bwg

Yea, Kopp wasn't that guy .. off the dribble and at the rim are two areas he really needs to improve. Stewart isn't really that guy either (questionable speed, doesn't get to the rim much) but he has more skills with the ball than Kopp does.

I don’t see why he couldn’t get to the 38% Durham had last season for you guys.
Yea, considering he shot 39.6 in 5 attempts per game as a sophomore .. in a full season.

*eyeroll* ...........

Good analysis there, Sparky.

Sandwiched between a 32% and 33% seasons.

He still shot 40 from 3 and 90 from the line in a full season as a starter and has as much chance to do it again as he does matching Durham's 38.

What we both know for certain, is he will shoot better than the 28(-) Ivey and Hunter shot.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
He still shot 40 from 3 and 90 from the line in a full season as a starter and has as much chance to do it again as he does matching Durham's 38.

What we both know for certain, is he will shoot better than the 28(-) Ivey and Hunter shot.

So why did he regress on a better northwestern team last season? Maybe the sophomore year was the outlier.

Lol @ you for being bothered by 2% and acting like 38% isn’t good enough.

Glad you brought Hunter up since he shot 36% from deep on 4 shots per game as a sophomore. That was sandwiched between 2 seasons under 30%. If I said I thought he would hit 36% this season would you make one of your unfunny remarks you usually do? I think you probably would.

Cheaney was more than a bit under the radar. Coaches may have known early on but the fans thought he was an end of the bench guy. (pre-internet and and a senior h.s. season ended injury contributed to that misconception)

Cav, I will wait to see it but I don't share your expectation that TJD will be the focus point of the offense unless he makes some amazing off season progress. In the 4-1 offense the ball needs to keep moving in an unselfish manner.
TJD averaged 19ppg last year and CMW didn't entice him back from turning pro by convincing him he's going to have less opportunities. He's going to be the focal point of the offense, he'll just hopefully have an easier time of it and be more efficient surrounded by more capable shooting. I'd imagine he talked about a 20-23 and 10/BTPOY type season... and a chance to finally play in the tournament!

So why did he regress on a better northwestern team last season? Maybe the sophomore year was the outlier.

Lol @ you for being bothered by 2% and acting like 38% isn’t good enough.

Glad you brought Hunter up since he shot 36% from deep on 4 shots per game as a sophomore. That was sandwiched between 2 seasons under 30%. If I said I thought he would hit 36% this season would you make one of your unfunny remarks you usually do? I think you probably would.
Kopp will be a catch and shoot player this year and won’t be forcing any shots like he did at Northwestern. That was the reason for his percentage dip.

Kopp
Leal
Bates
Stewart
Lander
Lander is laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT