ADVERTISEMENT

Best QB's available in the Portal

Shhh... He probably forgot he was in INDIANA and not Alabama... 😉

I was thinking that our Compliance Dept. probably already has his office bugged and his phone tapped after that slip of the tongue...

He was being truthful but someone should tip him off that won't work with the press, or the NCAA, or our Compliance team, in this neck of the woods...
He even said flat out in the press conference that NIL wasn't so hard, paraphrase 'it's just math, you just rank your guys and go down the list and decide who gets what'.

I thought, uhhh, isn't that a clear violation?

But yeah on the funny forgetting we weren't Alabama.. The Marshall coach just said the Sun Belt was the SEC of G5 conferences. So Coach's slip up is understandable in that light.

He even said flat out in the press conference that NIL wasn't so hard, paraphrase 'it's just math, you just rank your guys and go down the list and decide who gets what'.

I thought, uhhh, isn't that a clear violation?
Well..., he was speaking hypothetically but I'm certain a lot of ears perked up in the Compliance Office when they heard that...

It was my impression that he was running on catnaps and caffeine when he did that question and answer session...

Hopefully someone from Complaince will give him a briefing that's designed to help him before they try to jump on him with both feet...

Now anyone who believes that the Coaches aren't making those decisions probably also still believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy but it's certainly a no-no to say so openly...

He'd better buy himself several burner phones and do all his communications outside the office when it comes to NIL funds... If there was anyone in the entire country that the NCAA would try to make an example of when they finally decide to crack down on the NIL violations it would be the new Head Coach of Indiana University... Cleveland State doesn't have a Football team 😉.

He should probably call Jerry Dinardo to hear some horror stories regarding our Complaince Office... Hopefully most of the group JD had to deal with are long gone...

Simple answer in the future should be:
I'm sorry I can't discuss NIL.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT