ADVERTISEMENT

Back against the wall and -3???

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Vegas likes the Hoosiers tonight. The line snuck up to -3.5 this morning but back down to 3.

Now if you were taking bets from this board alone, money would come in prob 90/10 on Wisky. Shockingly tho friends, I am still confident. You may laugh, you may giggle, but this season is not done yet. The make up of our coaching staff is different. Losing is not tolerated. Parker, Tamar, and X are all warriors. They bring something this team has not had in decades, true toughness.

This game is a must win. It is a season saving win. It is a we don't belong on the bubble win. I got my money on the Hoosiers, I think they have some fight left. Crowd will be weak, but big plays can make 13k go nuts.

Plenty of seats bitches, ALL FREAKING ABOARD

Vegas likes the Hoosiers tonight. The line snuck up to -3.5 this morning but back dow to 3.

Now if you were taking bets from this board alone, money would come in prob 90/10 on Wisky. Shockingly tho friends, I am still confident. You my laugh, you may giggle, but this season is not done yet. The make up of our coaching staff is different. Losing is not tolerated. Parker, Tamar, and X are all warriors. They bring something this team has not had in decades, true toughness.

This game is a must win. It is a season saving win. It is a we don't belong on the bubble win. I got my money on the Hoosiers, I think they have some fight left. Crowd will be weak, but big plays can make 13k go nuts.

Love your support and optimism. Since you have access to the players, keep it up! Hell, keep it up no matter what!

Until they prove it otherwise, though, I can't get over the end of half and last 10 minute slumps. So its difficult to see us beating Wisconsin tonight. We can, and probably should, beat them in this game. TJD and Race should have a field day. And if you can slow Davis down at all, Wisconsin is very beatable.

The pessimistic thoughts, that our team has intensified for me of late, have visions of Davidson, Davis, etc... going off through the second half, our offense bogging down at the same time, and Wisky hanging us with a 10ish point loss.

Hope you're right and I'm wrong. This would be an enormous win to solidify our NCAA standing...and more importantly regain some confidence.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Vegas likes the Hoosiers tonight. The line snuck up to -3.5 this morning but back dow to 3.

Now if you were taking bets from this board alone, money would come in prob 90/10 on Wisky. Shockingly tho friends, I am still confident. You my laugh, you may giggle, but this season is not done yet. The make up of our coaching staff is different. Losing is not tolerated. Parker, Tamar, and X are all warriors. They bring something this team has not had in decades, true toughness.

13K sounds like disappointing attendance to me … BiG 10 BB home games used to be guaranteed sellouts.
IU guards need to use their athletic talent to stick to their Badger opponents.

Agree! Pound town tonight!

I do think we win tonight but then get smoked by OSU. One step forward one step back as it’s been for over 20 years.
I never thought we were winning at OSU or MIch State games. We can probably hang with Ohio State for tweney minutes before getting blown out. I certainly thought we were winning at Northwestern and possibly tonight.

Reactions: Pledgemygrievance

I love the enthusiasm, but Jordan Hulls had true toughness. This team would have 3 or more wins with his shooting.

13K sounds like disappointing attendance to me … BiG 10 BB home games used to be guaranteed sellouts.
IU guards need to use their athletic talent to stick to their Badger opponents.
But we have not been good so people are not going. Is this day and age you need to give them a reason to get off otheir phones, etc and go to a game. Back in teh 80's it was different we were good and there were not all these other things to like iphones, cable, internet, etc

Agree. Woodson, though, will eventually turn program around and IU won’t be allergic to consistency. May just take a couple years.
He may and he may not we have no idea yet but we say that with every new coach in year one. The same thing was said about archie. The same thing was said about Crean. I really hope he does turn it around because this is our 5th attempt at this. But to say he for sure will is nothing any of us can predict.

Reactions: bsmitty08

I can see why you say XJ is tough, and hope Tamar will be. Nothing about Parker makes me think he's tough. 1-6 from the FT line... THE FREE THROW LINE? Doesn't make me think of a tough player.

Hoping Woodson and the staff can get some more offense going tonight. I wish I could say I'm expecting it.

He may and he may not we have no idea yet but we say that with every new coach in year one. The same thing was said about archie. The same thing was said about Crean. I really hope he does turn it around because this is our 5th attempt at this. But to say he for sure will is nothing any of us can predict.
Understood. I see the difference being Matta, Fife, Rosemond and Hunter. Arguably one of the best staffs in college hoops.

Recruiting is off to a great start and Coach’s NBA experience will only continue to help with recruiting.

Crean, love him or hate him, was actually a fairly decent recruiter (roster management aside). So - if he can do it - I think Woodson will.

Archie just recruited mostly Dayton-type players and ran an offense from 1923.

I do think we win tonight but then get smoked by OSU. One step forward one step back as it’s been for over 20 years.
FYI, we play OSU next Monday night, so almost a week to get ready. Not that we need that much time, but osu plays Iowa Saturday, so a very quick turnaround for them. That’s going to be tough on them.

Understood. I see the difference being Matta, Fife, Rosemond and Hunter. Arguably one of the best staffs in college hoops.

Recruiting is off to a great start and Coach’s NBA experience will only continue to help with recruiting.

Crean, love him or hate him, was actually a fairly decent recruiter (roster management aside). So - if he can do it - I think Woodson will.

Right that is correct on Archie but when he was hired and I was not very high on him but all I heard was all the experts say he is the hottest thing since sliced bread and everyone wanted him. He was almost hyped as a can't miss hire. You gotta give him time to get his players you know the same old song we have heard before. As far as recruiuting it is off to a good start but I would not say great. Archie landed a five star. Woodson landed a five star. Archie landed several four stars right away and so has Woodson. I mean its good but its not like he has landed four five stars or anything yet. I think we tend to hype up anyone we hire when ther are early in the job no matter what but only time will tell. I think we like to tell ourselves the new guy simply has to be way better than the old guy no matter what. It was clear early on Archie was not better than crean but that is when the argument well you have to give him time kept getting used.

Reactions: Radio Zero
FYI, we play OSU next Monday night, so almost a week to get ready. Not that we need that much time, but osu plays Iowa Saturday, so a very quick turnaround for them. That’s going to be tough on them.
Will not matter in the least in fact having a week off does us no good all. Only gives the players more time to get suspended but that is about it.

Right that is correct on Archie but when he was hired and I was not very high on him but all I heard was all the experts say he is the hottest thing since sliced bread and everyone wanted him. He was almost hyped as a can't miss hire. You gotta give him time to get his players you know the same old song we have heard before. As far as recruiuting it is off to a good start but I would not say great. Archie landed a five star. Woodson landed a five star. Archie landed several four stars right away and so has Woodson. I mean its good but its not like he has landed four five stars or anything yet. I think we tend to hype up anyone we hire when ther are early in the job no matter what but only time will tell. I think we like to tell ourselves the new guy simply has to be way better than the old guy no matter what. It was clear early on Archie was not better than crean but that is when the argument well you have to give him time kept getting used.
I hear you and agree. A healthy Romeo would’ve certainly helped, but nonetheless, that first class buried him. Hunter was the only other top-100 guy in that class.

Probably optimistic, but Coach surrounded himself with some really strong college coaches/recruiters.

It all comes down to recruiting (obviously)

Not sure the recruiting is really any better than what Archie or Crean did. One borderline 5 star and a few role players. Look at what Duke, UK, Kansas, Arkansas, Michigan, etc are doing. We've got a long ways to go. Plus we're likely losing both Trayce and Race and haven't landed any bigs.

Not sure the recruiting is really any better than what Archie or Crean did. One borderline 5 star and a few role players. Look at what Duke, UK, Kansas, Arkansas, Michigan, etc are doing. We've got a long ways to go. Plus we're likely losing both Trayce and Race and haven't landed any bigs.
It isn't so far and I mentioned that above. It is about the same. I have listed the top recruits for both and it is very similair. Our recruting will have to get better to be considered great.

Romeo #7
Lander #27
TJD #30
Hunter # 59
Geronimo #105
Anderson #124

Hood #21
Bates #30
Newton #61
Loganb #73
Banks #74
Cubbs #126
Gunn #141

I hear you and agree. A healthy Romeo would’ve certainly helped, but nonetheless, that first class buried him. Hunter was the only other top-100 guy in that class.

Probably optimistic, but Coach surrounded himself with some really strong college coaches/recruiters.

It all comes down to recruiting (obviously)
Well the 2023 class needs to be monster class for Woodson. The 2022 class has a five star and two role players per say or likely guys who will need a few years.

Reactions: Fpeaugh2

I’m not going to trust this group until they give me reason to do so. I felt that way after the Michigan and then Illinois blowouts at home. Then add in 5 players suspended 48 hours after a home blowout, two of which are on their second suspension, all bets are definitely off.

When you need trust, teamwork, and dedication to overcome talent, you are FINISHED when dumbassery enters the equation. This team has every marking of being in free fall.

It isn't so far and I mentioned that above. It is about the same. I have listed the top recruits for both and it is very similair. Our recruting will have to get better to be considered great.

Romeo #7
Lander #27
TJD #30
Hunter # 59
Geronimo #105
Anderson #124

Hood #

Romeo #7
Lander #27
TJD #30
Hunter # 59
Geronimo #105
Anderson #124

Hood #21
Bates #30
Newton #61
Loganb #73
Banks #74
Cubbs #126
Gunn #141
Hood, bates, and banks is a pretty solid start to Coach’s first two classes. Agree - needs to get better - but I like the trend of multiple top 100 guys.

Romeo #7
Lander #27
TJD #30
Hunter # 59
Geronimo #105
Anderson #124

Hood #21
Bates #30
Newton #61
Loganb #73
Banks #74
Cubbs #126
Gunn #141
These numbers are almost meaningless. It’s why IU gets worked by Wisconsin and Purdue every year. IU has too many fan site “blogger boys” telling you otherwise.

See Baylor, Virginia, Villanova

These numbers are almost meaningless. It’s why IU gets worked by Wisconsin and Purdue every year. IU has too many fan site “blogger boys” telling you otherwise.

Wisconsin, Virginia, and Purdue run totally different offenses from Woodson. Especially Wisconsin does not need highly rated guys to run their offense. But most NBA offenses form what I read need superior talent and athleticism to work. We need guys who can break the defender down off the dribble. You really think those Wisconsin players would thrive in a Woodson offense?

And Villinova and Baylor are getting top recruits.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

Romeo #7
Lander #27
TJD #30
Hunter # 59
Geronimo #105
Anderson #124

Hood #21
Bates #30
Newton #61
Loganb #73
Banks #74
Cubbs #126
Gunn #141
Of course you're listing what Archie recruited over 4 years, while CMW hasn't even been here a year. If you did that for Archie, who would he have had? Maybe Romeo and Hunter? In that light, I'd say recruiting is a good bit better.

Wisconsin, Virginia, and Purdue run totally different offenses from Woodson. Especially Wisconsin does not need highly rated guys to run their offense. But most NBA offenses form what I read need superior talent and athleticism to work. We need guys who can break the defender down off the dribble. You really think those Wisconsin players would thrive in a Woodson offense?

Woodson needs to change his offense to fit his roster.

I'll grant you that Archie was completely abysmal in evaluating talent so we should be landing better players but going just by rankings they aren't any better than what Archie or Crean did thus far.

Reactions: bailey777
Woodson needs to change his offense to fit his roster.
Do you think any coach would be doing better (honest question)?

College b-ball has moved away from dominant big men - and when he’s your best player on the floor - I feel like their hands are tied. Im not personally expecting much better results until IUs guard-play gets MUCH better.

Parker, Tamar, and X are all warriors. They bring something this team has not had in decades.
What? 5 suspensions in one game? When I look at these guys, I don't see any warriors. I see an inconsistent shooter who can't play defense (Parker), I see a young guy who hasn't played enough to really know what he's about (Tamar) and I see a transfer who is not the go to guy he thinks he is (Johnson).

I always hope for a win but I don't see anything that leads me to believe these guys are all that concerned about it.

I get that you have some sort of access so you have to be positive, good for you.

Have we ever lost a late home game? Easiest bet you’ll ever find is IU -3. Even Cavanaugh is going to be right for once.

System offenses and defenses work. You get a bunch of wins but you never win the big one. You still need multiple high caliber players. Cream always rises. Good post.

I can see why you say XJ is tough, and hope Tamar will be. Nothing about Parker makes me think he's tough. 1-6 from the FT line... THE FREE THROW LINE? Doesn't make me think of a tough player.
And 2 huge misses on open 3s in the Illinois game turned that game around for them. PS missed with a 4 pt lead. Grandison from ILL cans one. PS misses a second one. Grandison hits a second one. Game over.

But he still may be as close to a clutch shooter as we have on this team.

If he stays, Tamar might be that guy next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT