ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance vs our peers

“Winners” might be a stretch. I think the OSU game last year is the only significant accomplishment for brohm.

brohm: 15-17 record at PU
Allen: 14-16 record at IU
From what Brohm inherited he’s done an incredible job. Absolutely amazing what he’s accomplished.

There’s a reason the big boys are coming after Brohm and not Allen. Don’t let your bias cloud your judgement.

Reactions: IUgradman
Honestly the majority of folks in the grass lot don't even have game tickets. They just purchase grass lot passes for tailgating.
Does IU sell parking passes to people who do not have season tickets or are these parking lots the kind where hand the guy a $20 on the way in.

Honestly the majority of folks in the grass lot don't even have game tickets. They just purchase grass lot passes for tailgating.
You hear that parking is sold out, yet we see every week lot 10 is at best 75% full and the lot between SSAH and Memorial Stadium is probably less than 75% full. I have to assume people are buying parking passes and not using them.

I learned something else a little odd. We stopped by a tailgate on the way to ours that was next to the old fieldhouse by SSAH. We kept seeing people going in and coming out with tennis equipment. We asked if they had to pay for parking on game day to play tennis. They said they just show the attendants their racquets and they let them pull in and park for free. All you need to park in that lot is to show a tennis racquet. Never thought about that option for parking.

Does IU sell parking passes to people who do not have season tickets or are these parking lots the kind where hand the guy a $20 on the way in.

IU sells them ahead of time or if not sold out by game day you can purchase from IU parking attendant fi you get there early.

You have stated that a million times still does not make it true. Just makes it your opinion
The facts are all there it's very true on what he saying. Purdue was a complete train wreck before he got there. Come on you guys beat purdue 4 years in a row That should show you that Purdue was a complete train wreck before he got there. When's the last time Indiana has beat purdue 4 times In football in a row. I Will wait for that answer because it's been a long time since that's happened

The facts are all there it's very true on what he saying. Purdue was a complete train wreck before he got there. Come on you guys beat purdue 4 years in a row That should show you that Purdue was a complete train wreck before he got there. When's the last time Indiana has beat purdue 4 times In football in a row. I Will wait for that answer because it's been a long time since that's happened
From a coaching stand pout you guys were a train wreck for sure. From the player standpoint there was not a lot of difference. We had some injuries which I think you understand from this year. You had two quality quarterbacks. We had had a redshirt freshman. We lost one of top receivers in the opening game. You guys had a couple guys on defense that were potential first or second round draft picks in Neal and Bailey. We did not have that. You had two backs that were pretty good. Then last year we lost a bunch of guys on defense and played a lot of young kids on defense. The talent level was pretty close but you guys had one guy we could or match. He turned out to be the difference maker.

From a coaching stand pout you guys were a train wreck for sure. From the player standpoint there was not a lot of difference. We had some injuries which I think you understand from this year. You had two quality quarterbacks. We had had a redshirt freshman. We lost one of top receivers in the opening game. You guys had a couple guys on defense that were potential first or second round draft picks in Neal and Bailey. We did not have that. You had two backs that were pretty good. Then last year we lost a bunch of guys on defense and played a lot of young kids on defense. The talent level was pretty close but you guys had one guy we could or match. He turned out to be the difference maker.
Hazell left us with literally TWO upperclassmen on the O-Line this year. There is one Jr: Hermanns and one Sr: McCann. Brohm had to convert a SR DT into an OG in the Spring. Everyone else are Fr or So.

In contrast, Wilson left Allen with NINE (9) JR/SR offensive linemen for this year.

As an offensive line coach, you KNOW that is a very big difference, because the game is won and lost in the trenches.

Hazell left us with literally TWO upperclassmen on the O-Line this year. There is one Jr: Hermanns and one Sr: McCann. Brohm had to convert a SR DT into an OG in the Spring. Everyone else are Fr or So.

In contrast, Wilson left Allen with NINE (9) JR/SR offensive linemen for this year.

As an offensive line coach, you KNOW that is a very big difference, because the game is won
Our inexperience on the defense helped negate your deficit on the offensive line.

You have stated that a million times still does not make it true. Just makes it your opinion
It’s a stone cold fact that multiple big programs have contacted Brohm and been turned down. It’s also a stone cold fact that they haven’t contacted Allen.

It’s a stone cold fact that Brohm has been to two bowl games the last two seasons compared to Allen’s 0.

It’s a stone cold fact that Brohm is 2-0 head to head.

Yet your biased opinion is supposed to negate those facts? Ok.

Reactions: IUgradman
“Winners” might be a stretch. I think the OSU game last year is the only significant accomplishment for brohm.

brohm: 15-17 record at PU
Allen: 14-16 record at IU
He also won 22 games his last 2 seasons at WKU. Brohm is a proven winner.

It’s a stone cold fact that multiple big programs have contacted Brohm and been turned down. It’s also a stone cold fact that they haven’t contacted Allen.

It’s a stone cold fact that Brohm has been to two bowl games the last two seasons compared to Allen’s 0.

I don’t know that either Tennessee or Louisville are big time programs at this time. Tennessee has been down for awhile now. And Louisville is a complete mess.
Yes Brohm is 2-0 right now against Allen and has been to 2 bowl games those are facts. Just like it is a fact that he is a 500 coach and a sub 500 coach this year. What else do you want to hear Mrs Brohm.

I don’t know that either Tennessee or Louisville are big time programs at this time. Tennessee has been down for awhile now. And Louisville is a complete mess.
Yes Brohm is 2-0 right now against Allen and has been to 2 bowl games those are facts. Just like it is a fact that he is a 500 coach and a sub 500 coach this year. What else do you want to hear Mrs Brohm.
Just stop it. Tennessee is a top 20 program. You’ve completely control.

Maybe you forget Brohm was a HC before he got to Purdue. I know, crazy idea to hire a successful HC. And he won 22 games his last 2 seasons at WKU.

.500 coach? Get a clue.

He also inherited a pretty good program at Western Kentucky.
Look Mrs Brohm I will give that he is one of the best offensive minds in college football my biggest issue is you are on an Iu football constantly talking him up. If you want to talk him up take it to thePU board we over here are sick of hearing it. It does not mean anything to us. WE DONT CARE ABOUT BROHM.

He also inherited a pretty good program at Western Kentucky.
WKU was average before he got there and they’ve been a dumpster fire since he left. He won 12 games then 11. Brohm is probably the best coach in the Big Ten right now.

Just stop it. Tennessee is a top 20 program. You’ve completely control.

Maybe you forget Brohm was a HC before he got to Purdue. I know, crazy idea to hire a successful HC. And he won 22 games his last 2 seasons at WKU.

.500 coach? Get a clue.
Are you sure Tennessee is a Top 20 program? Is Phil Fulmer still coaching the Vold? They are 2-4. They have had 7 losing seasons since 2008? They are not a Top 20 program any more.

Look Mrs Brohm I will give that he is one of the best offensive minds in college football my biggest issue is you are on an Iu football constantly talking him up. If you want to talk him up take it to thePU board we over here are sick of hearing it. It does not mean anything to us. WE DONT CARE ABOUT BROHM.
LOL. If you don't care about Brohm, why do you keep posting about Purdue? You post more about PU here as much as anyone.You even start new Purdue threads. LOL. Why don't you come down to the PU board yourself?

From what Brohm inherited he’s done an incredible job. Absolutely amazing what he’s accomplished.

There’s a reason the big boys are coming after Brohm and not Allen. Don’t let your bias cloud your judgement.

Brohm is a good coach. You should hold on to him.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
WKU was average before he got there and they’ve been a dumpster fire since he left. He won 12 games then 11. Brohm is probably the best coach in the Big Ten right now.

Congrats on that. Go back to your board and celebrate.

IU vs RU: 37,055
IL vs UM: 37,275
MN vs Neb: 43,502
PU vs MD: 52,296

Surprising numbers.

Minny was 5-0 and didn't get a sellout.
1-4 PU playing a bad MD team got 52k.

There were 30 -32K in the stands in Btwon Sat

The first half photos I saw of WL there were lots and lots and lots of empty seats.

Announced attendance folks.

The difference in my opinion is the number of people that actually leave a tailgate and watch the game. There are those that leave the game early to return to their tailgate. To many, it doesn't matter if we are up 30 or down 30. In tight games against MSU or OSU, some that never leave our tailgate show up in their seats. I don't get why people come to the game and sit in the parking lot listening to music,.

I commented that there seemed to be a lot more post game partying and visibly intoxicated people in the grass lot as we walked to our car. I believe there was a larger group that decided to skip a game that was as sure of a win as we have all season and party instead. I am glad it was an early game or some of those people wouldn't have lasted into the late afternoon.

Pretty simple. In Btown Football is a social event and Basketball is a religious event.

History and the amazing campus on a fall Saturday explain why.

It is a stone cold fact that you have no idea if what you are posting is true or not. Go back to GBI

There were 30 -32K in the stands in Btwon Sat

The first half photos I saw of WL there were lots and lots and lots of empty seats.

Announced attendance folks.

Plenty of empty seats but still well over 50k in attendance in WL. Not bad for a 1-4 team playing a mediocre opponent at noon.

Purdue beat somebody, won a bowl game, and beat us two years in a row. The pricing business is not nothing, but not as important as those facts.

the administration has no control over us going to a bowl game.

they do control pricing.

IU has literally priced out many area fans who would love to go, but can't afford it.

when winning packs the house at high prices, so be it.

until then, price like we actually care about attendance, and make a much better game atmosphere for recruits.

Reactions: 76-1
IU vs RU: 37,055
IL vs UM: 37,275
MN vs Neb: 43,502
PU vs MD: 52,296

Surprising numbers.

Minny was 5-0 and didn't get a sellout.
1-4 PU playing a bad MD team got 52k.
UM really travels well..... :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT