ADVERTISEMENT

Athletes

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
While everyone says we dont have the guards or athletes to compete with a Miami that is true but also not so much. How does a Princeston beat Arizona and how does a Drake almost beat the same Miami team? There is no way in heck Drake is more athletic than IU. We just are not a very bbal iq smart or driven team imo. We lacked the killer attitude from day one. And when you have a guy like Bates who kills every run you have it makes it even harder.

Agreed, we have athletes, but some of them don't put in 100% effort..or at least it appears that way. Did we get any of the loose balls last night?

While everyone says we dont have the guards or athletes to compete with a Miami that is true but also not so much. How does a Princeston beat Arizona and how does a Drake almost beat the same Miami team? There is no way in heck Drake is more athletic than IU. We just are not a very bbal iq smart or driven team imo. We lacked the killer attitude from day one. And when you have a guy like Bates who kills every run you have it makes it even harder.
I also think the team just mailed it in and Miami played their best game of the season yesterday. Over 60 teams feel like we do in this thing, so its not really a thing of we are below everyone else, Miami just wanted it more than we did when it mattered. Its such a crapshoot. Still, that doesent take away how bad next season looks like.

I also think the team just mailed it in and Miami played their best game of the season yesterday. Over 60 teams feel like we do in this thing, so its not really a thing of we are below everyone else, Miami just wanted it more than we did when it mattered. Its such a crapshoot. Still, that doesent take away how bad next season looks like.
Kind of like after we beat Purdue and let Iowa run us out of our won building by 30 plus. Same deal basically. This really was our shot though without TJD I cannot imagine how bad we will be next year.

We have athletes but need guys that have fundamentals and toughness. Blocking out is effort and toughness. Miami guys had both.

We have athletes but need guys that have fundamentals and toughness. Blocking out is effort and toughness. Miami guys had both.
Exactly. I knew this would be really bad matchup for IU a team of quick fast players. I still do not get how Miami was only a five seed but oh well.

Reactions: justjames
Exactly. I knew this would be really bad matchup for IU a team of quick fast players. I still do not get how Miami was only a five seed but oh well.
I said from the top off, we are screwed. They played with more intensity and urgency. We did our typically IU crap. Miss ft’s and turn ball over

Agreed, we have athletes, but some of them don't put in 100% effort..or at least it appears that way. Did we get any of the loose balls last night?
The mental is to the physical as 4 is to 1.

Period

I said from the top off, we are screwed. They played with more intensity and urgency. We did our typically IU crap. Miss ft’s and turn ball over
When we went down 10 early I knew it was over even if we made a run. You could see they were clearly wanted it more at that point. Then the last ten minutes or so seems like we basically gave up they had wide wid open three point shots.

Reactions: justjames
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT