ADVERTISEMENT

At what point is it too late for X to comeback and make a real difference?

Realistically, we're playing now for tournament seeding. If X is back mid-February he should be 100% by March. If everybody else stays healthy we'll come into the BTT full strength. Hoping that's when things get interesting for IU.
you looked at our remaining schedule, we are playing for more than seeding the wheels could easily come off

Reactions: aajohn2000
Someone told him that in a pressor. I was there didn’t hear shit. Where were you? On your 1000 acre estate?

X knew about it too? It was a big topic of conversation when it happened. Maybe your hearing just sucks.

Our tickets were actually section 11, but we stood at one of the bar tables at the top of section 11 for 95% of the game. The Boos were LOUD.

you looked at our remaining schedule, we are playing for more than seeding the wheels could easily come off
We'll at least get a BTT seeding. As far as the NCAA, you're right, we could be fighting again for a 16 seed.

Duncan always has injuries or other ailments that keep him from practicing and playing.
I saw someplace, just recently, that he gets sinus infections. I've never had a sinus infection, but have heard from those who do they can be quite debilitating.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I sure hope you are right. X has all the talent in the world. All his issues have been between his ears and I've yet to see that improve.
Time on the pine often helps. He has been right next to the coaches every game. It is not the same as getting benched, but can learn just the same. He has straight up told me that he has seen things differently and will apply it.

Time on the pine often helps. He has been right next to the coaches every game. It is not the same as getting benched, but can learn just the same. He has straight up told me that he has seen things differently and will apply it.
I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
going to be a bright bright bright sun shiney day

for some reason that caused me to breakout in song, stuck in my head now will probably play it on the jukebox later.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
going to be a bright bright bright sun shiney day

for some reason that caused me to breakout in song, stuck in my head now will probably play it on the jukebox later.
Record and post for us. Please.

Excuses, excusee, exfkncuses.

The moment its re-decided hes -ev on this team after his return the moment everyone will use his foot as an excuse.
So transparent.
So many lame ppl here I swear

tities wife wasnt there but some ho threw titties a e me , i claopped thought why , nice , dont uberstand the thought process , she left goo thing was funny not interse

You might consider changing your avatar if you think Logan Duncomb (who isn't even playing for the past two weeks) is a better option to play than Race Thompson, because RMK would call you a dumbass if you shared that opinion with him.
Didn't Larry Richardson play under Knight? Robby Edgers, Richard Mandeville, Big Z, Mike Roberts.. What's is you point? Until Purdue Race has been awful I know he is hurt but it was a bad stretch..

Didn't Larry Richardson play under Knight? Robby Edgers, Richard Mandeville, Big Z, Mike Roberts.. What's is you point? Until Purdue Race has been awful I know he is hurt but it was a bad stretch..
but at least he was dressed to play, unlike the guy you said should replace him!

I Don't think Duncomb is that bad if he stays he will be a backup and be like a Joey Brunk when healthy type of player.
yeah, I think he's fine. My point is that you were suggesting he replace Race's minutes when Logan isn't even healthy enough to play/not dressed for health reasons. So it was not a great suggestion that he take Race's minutes.

I didnt know at the time Logan was sick and Geronimo had a calf issues. That's was I'm the best couch coach in America.

Probably. Just was referring to consistency in my post though. Overall, we'd be better because our defense would be better. But X isn't likely to solve our offensive issues. He's different than the guys he'll replace with his minutes, and in many ways better, but he's just as inconsistent as any of them.
If he’s hitting 3’s he’s doubly dangerous offensively. And he can hit them.

Mike Woodson that played 10 years and coached for 18 in the NBA (10 as a HC) is "in over his head" at IU? Reads like an attempt to raise stupidity to an art form except that it's sincere.
Just because someone played in the NBA and coached in the NBA doesn’t make them a great college coach.

Until the results start rolling in, I’m not changing my opinion, so you might as well stop brining it up.

Just because someone played in the NBA and coached in the NBA doesn’t make them a great college coach.

Until the results start rolling in, I’m not changing my opinion, so you might as well stop brining it up.
Never said he was "great" and not me "brining (sic) it up" but as long as you keep doubling down on him being "in over his head" don't whine when you get called on it, especially as you've spent days dogging posters for less.

In over his head. At least he hasn't lost his.

Never said he was "great" and not me "brining (sic) it up" but as long as you keep doubling down on him being "in over his head" don't whine when you get called on it, especially as you've spent days dogging posters for less.

In over his head. At least he hasn't lost his.
I’m fine with you continuing to bring it up. I’m just informing you that my opinion will not change until he actually accomplishes something.

I’m fine with you continuing to bring it up. I’m just informing you that my opinion will not change until he actually accomplishes something.
You honestly don't think coming in on the fly last April, flooring the Team that he did on short notice while pulling nearly everyone back in from the Portal, landing the recruits that he has and restoring this year's Team to the point that they can compete with anybody despite losing their starting PG and negotiating a number of other injuries merits something a bit less dismissive than "in over his head"'?

Many went into a panic when IU dropped three straight and many stupid things were said. I generally give points for consistency but not when it involves stupidity, and doubling down on the "over his head" position just doesn't hunt. Has he proved he's a great coach yet? No. But he has done much to indicate that he may be and hasn't done anything to support your position that he's some wayward babe lost in the NCAA D1 forest and fated for failure.

Reactions: asindc
You honestly don't think coming in on the fly last April, flooring the Team that he did on short notice while pulling nearly everyone back in from the Portal, landing the recruits that he has and restoring this year's Team to the point that they can compete with anybody despite losing their starting PG and negotiating a number of other injuries merits something a bit less dismissive than "in over his head"'?

Many went into a panic when IU dropped three straight and many stupid things were said. I generally give points for consistency but not when it involves stupidity, and doubling down on the "over his head" position just doesn't hunt. Has he proved he's a great coach yet? No. But he has done much to indicate that he may be and hasn't done anything to support your position that he's some wayward babe lost in the NCAA D1 forest and fated for failure.
He didn’t come in last April. It was two Aprils ago.

He has yet to prove it on the hardwood. All of the off-season fluff is nice, but doesn’t mean anything if the results don’t match. He better do it this year. We lose our starting 5 and probably a few others in the off-season.

When he gets to Tom Crean success, I’ll start to change my opinion. Being better than Archie is not an accomplishment.

Like literally Jalen did last game against Maryland. If you couldn’t see that x was desperately needed in leadership, offense and defense in that game I can’t help ya. Jalen will 100% play in the nba, and is 100% the worse PG for our team this year. JHS should be the shooting guard on this team.
JHS is a scoring PG. I actually think he fits what we need pretty well. He just hasn’t been very good at it on the road. X is also a scoring PG. It would be/hopefully will be exciting and interesting to see them play together again. They really only had a couple real games together this year.

If X comes back and is fully healthy, I’d take JHS off the ball more than I would X.

I’d start X, Galloway, JHS, Kopp, and TJD. That would be a very, very good defensive team. And would be 3 different playmaking guards, spot up wing, and dominant big.

Reneau, Race, Jordan, Tamar main guys off the bench.

I would say if a couple more weeks pass before he comes back is it really going to matter, would assume he would need to get back into basketball ball shape and then get integrated back into the rotation. that could take 7 or 8 games at a minimum. if he doesn't comeback until the BTT will it even matter.
I think he needs to play at least 4 games before the BTT begins which puts him coming back vs MSU on 2.21. To your point, thats two weeks from now and 10 weeks since the injury. He may very well come back later than that, but no way should he be automatically inserted back into the starting lineup. That is unless the wheels have completely fallen on the IU bus and it’s full scale desperation mode. Assuming that is but the case and X comes back vs Iowa in 2/28, we ease him back in. Play limited minutes and see how it goes. 10 weeks is a long time and he will be rusty. Anyone would.

He didn’t come in last April. It was two Aprils ago.

He has yet to prove it on the hardwood. All of the off-season fluff is nice, but doesn’t mean anything if the results don’t match. He better do it this year. We lose our starting 5 and probably a few others in the off-season.

When he gets to Tom Crean success, I’ll start to change my opinion. Being better than Archie is not an accomplishment.
Don't act the jerk - you know I know which April he was hired in. "Fluff?" Malik, Jaden, CJ and Kaleb are fluff? Whatever. Thought you'd be man enough to own that "in over his head" was uncalled for/inappropriate. I was wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
Cannot
JHS is a scoring PG. I actually think he fits what we need pretty well. He just hasn’t been very good at it on the road. X is also a scoring PG. It would be/hopefully will be exciting and interesting to see them play together again. They really only had a couple real games together this year.

If X comes back and is fully healthy, I’d take JHS off the ball more than I would X.

I’d start X, Galloway, JHS, Kopp, and TJD. That would be a very, very good defensive team. And would be 3 different playmaking guards, spot up wing, and dominant big.

Reneau, Race, Jordan, Tamar main guys off the bench.
Cannot argue with that. But, zero chance CMW does not start Race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT