ADVERTISEMENT

As bad as it felt IU played, should have lost by much more

VanHoosier

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2002
If IU would have just hit their average of 3's it would have been a close game. PU actually had two more turnovers but letting them drive down the lane freely was really frustrating.

I thought PU was a bad free throw shooting team, 25-33. IU was 13-18. In the end just too many negatives to overcome.

I wonder what's up with Blackmon, he had a quiet 13 but it felt like he was off all night.

Hammons with 8 blocks... man, Crean is one stubborn son of a gun.

Purdue looked pretty good most of the night but I think a lot of it was just IU playing into their hands...

Purdue guy here. Your comments are accurate. Purdue got up for this game. I haven't seen us play like this in awhile. We had more emotion. Yogi played great tonight, but that was it. Without him, the score would have been worse. Having said that, I am going to the Purdue/NW game on Saturday and can only hope for the same intensity I saw out of Purdue tonight. Interesting factoid about both teams - young! Both teams are looking good for the next couple years and we should continue to see some spirited games between each other.

Mini ball does not work over the long haul, maybe

at home a few times on the road not so much.

It came across that way over the radio

we credit Assembly Hall with driving IU to better performance, well the same seemed to stand for Mackey last night.
The crowd noise was exceptional and constant. I'm sure that played into both teams shooting %.

I hope IU soaks in the bad feeling this loss gave them. We were underdogs by most estimates but to lose in the manner in which we did, we showed ourselves weak and vulnerable. We should have learned to be stronger after the MSU game. We didn't and it showed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT