ADVERTISEMENT

Are We Still Arguing About Hatians?

Anyone here legally I am rooting for. And illegal ones here prior to the last four years I’d be for some path to citizenship.

Those that entered last four years illegally, I’d be for deportation with some exceptions.
Dear Leader doesn’t want the legal ones here either.

LEGAL immigrants. Damn quit being so daft
This is such a dishonest, deflection. The question is not whether they have temporary legal status.

The question is, should we allow people who cross the border illegally to file asylum claims (as was the case until Biden passed his recent EO), should we create mobile apps that facilitate the asylum process?, should we entertain amnesty claims from those who passed through a safe country like Mexico to get here? Should we be radically increasing our refugee caps at a time when we're on the verge of a debt spiral?

These are all affirmative decisions being made by the Biden admin. The legal status means nothing. It's about abuse and bastardization of existing law. That was done purposely by this admin.

And you apologize for it. Shut. Up.

Last edited:
This is such a dishonest, deflection. The question is not whether they have temporary legal status.

The question is, should we allow people who cross the border illegally to file asylum claims (as was the case until Biden passed his recent EO), should we create mobile apps that facilitate the amnesty process?, should we entertain amnesty claims from those who passed through a safe country like Mexico to get here? Should we be radically increasing our refugee caps at a time when we're on the verge of a debt spiral?

These are all affirmative decisions being made by the Biden admin. The legal status means nothing. It's about abuse and bastardization of existing law. That was done purposely by this admin.

Not apologizing for anything. We need sensible policy. We don’t have it now. Trump stoking xenophobic fears with his rhetoric helps nobody. I am sick and f—-ing tired of race/nationality/etc… being used as a weapon by both sides.

Because I’m from a tiny little town and therefore don’t know anything?
Bc you can’t think objectively. It’s a waste. The insane numbers in snarl’s post you ignore. So what’s the point

And yes tiny town people rarely feel the impact of the woke shit. You won’t get Soros prosecutors etc

Not apologizing for anything. We need sensible policy. We don’t have it now. Trump stoking xenophobic fears with his rhetoric helps nobody. I am sick and f—-ing tired of race/nationality/etc… being used as a weapon by both sides.
This is such a crutch. Our amnesty laws do indeed suck. There is still a lot that could and should be done by the executive to curb inflow.

Comprehensive legislation is not happening any time soon because Democrats have no interest in getting serious about amnesty abuse and border security. We saw that in the Lankord bill. If that’s their idea of border security then we are still miles apart from solving the problem.

Bc you can’t think objectively. It’s a waste. The insane numbers in snarl’s post you ignore. So what’s the point

And yes tiny town people rarely feel the impact of the woke shit. You won’t get Soros prosecutors etc
Tiny town is the real world for me. Sorry I don’t think like big city folk but enjoy my Lil Abner world. I didn’t know living in a metropolis was a prerequisite for having opinions.

The Haitians are all here legally. I don’t think you understand how much I agree with you on stamping out illegal crossings. We’re really not that far apart on our thoughts.
Seems to me like your issue is Trumps rhetoric on the Haitians, which is admittedly bad. But he’s not even going to TRY to do anything with them. He just saw it on the news and tried to capitalize on it in his own boorish way.

I think your problem is you have a problem with Ttumps mouth while a whole lot of us feel like Kamala’s actions are far more damaging to the country.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Seems to me like your issue is Trumps rhetoric on the Haitians, which is admittedly bad. But he’s not even going to TRY to do anything with them. He just saw it on the news and tried to capitalize on it in his own boorish way.

I think your problem is you have a problem with Ttumps mouth while a whole lot of us feel like Kamala’s actions are far more damaging to the country.
Close to true…. But Trump’s actions aren’t exactly stellar either

What Harris has done is reckless and dangerous. Then she lied while she was doing it. There aren’t criminals crossing. Shit.

Trump was trying to protect the border.

I want to hear numbers.
Trump can protect the border without lying about crime rates and dog eating by immigrants. It is possible to do your job and not be a piece of shit. Conversely, it's also possible to be bad at a job but not a lying red meat tossing piece of trash.

The president does have unilateral authority over the refugee cap
CURSED, my answer to your post would be a yes and no.

No, the President does not decide the total number of immigrants allowed. this power primarily lies with Congress.

However, the President does have some executive authority to manage certain aspects of immigration such as setting refugee admission numbers within limits established by Congress and implementing policies which affect how immigration laws are enforced.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
CURSED, my answer to your post would be a yes and no.

No, the President does not decide the total number of immigrants allowed. this power primarily lies with Congress.

However, the President does have some executive authority to manage certain aspects of immigration such as setting refugee admission numbers within limits established by Congress and implementing policies which affect how immigration laws are enforced.
Correct

The question is, should we allow people who cross the border illegally to file asylum claims (as was the case until Biden passed his recent EO), should we create mobile apps that facilitate the asylum process?, should we entertain amnesty claims from those who passed through a safe country like Mexico to get here? Should we be radically increasing our refugee caps at a time when we're on the verge of a debt spiral?

How many EO’s did Joe use on the border in the first 90 days of his presidency? It’s an INSANE number, some of which ended Trump policies. Some of those policies he had to reimplement because of the mess it created.

The mess at the border is almost COMPLETELY Joes doing. And it was done intentionally.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
How many EO’s did Joe use on the border in the first 90 days of his presidency? It’s an INSANE number, some of which ended Trump policies. Some of those policies he had to reimplement because of the mess it created.

The mess at the border is almost COMPLETELY Joes doing. And it was done intentionally.
Done in large part, solely to spite Trump. It gets my goat when Democrat's accuse Trump of being spiteful and vindictive. This administration's policy was crafted largely around "What did Trump do? Let's do the opposite or destroy it". Subsequently they have to then go back and quietly reinstate many Trump admin. measures because they actually worked.

Last edited:
It was either that or an epic flameout/burnout culminating in a jump/toss (depending on which employer we are talking about) from a 40 story window. During one of my corporate redundancies, the wife saw value in me being home and doing all the little shit she doesn't have time and/or patience for. It's not for everybody, but oddly it works for us.
So come clean. What else is goin on? Crypto addiction? Gambling? Hot mom at the park?

• Love
Reactions: BradStevens
So come clean. What else is goin on? Crypto addiction? Gambling? Hot mom at the park?

Made really good money for about 25 years, investing and saving while we've had 401ks growing since 1989...made a 2 job push in the early 2010's for about 5 years to sock away as much as I could while paying all our debt off, then have been coasting on savings/nest eggs towards retirement while the wife made decent money and carried our health insurance through work since then. We live fairly simple lives and and it requires a disciplined financial approach, but it's doable. I still dabble here and there in investing and such, as well as doing some contract work but only when I want and for who I want.

Made really good money for about 25 years, investing and saving while we've had 401ks growing since 1989...made a 2 job push in the early 2010's for about 5 years to sock away as much as I could while paying all our debt off, then have been coasting on savings/nest eggs towards retirement while the wife made decent money and carried our health insurance through work since then. We live fairly simple lives and and it requires a disciplined financial approach, but it's doable. I still dabble here and there in investing and such, as well as doing some contract work but only when I want and for who I want.
Huh. I’ve heard of these women. Educated. Careers. I’m sure I’ve met one somewhere. I don’t know

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT