ADVERTISEMENT

Are we just numb to news about Trump corruption, even convictions?

I liked Noble Roman’s too. I don’t think I’ve had it since leaving Bloomington and I don’t recall it being there in my most recent visits.
There's one in Kokomo and it tastes just like the Noble Romans in Bloomington used to (3rd street by the nunnery).

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Years ago

It was on the second floor of a building around the corner on Kirkwood and Indiana, by Sample Gates, across from Von Lee.
There was one we always went to Sunday nights when the dorms weren't serving dinner was on 3rd street by the nunnery (Forest).

I have a couple friends in the crowd scenes and my brother in law is on the sideline by the track too.
I was in the crowd scenes. The Foundation was paid $1 for every student who showed up.

There wasn't enough of a crowd to film the stadium in full view, so they moved us around in a big group to make it look like it was crowded in that scene.

Good times. My daughter gets sick of hearing about it.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Lol. Forgot about MLK Day. It was the worst at the house. Recruitment was over, hardest time of years for girls and they hadn’t partied since first of December. They hit the darties HARD that day. One year someone almost burned the house down and I had to corral all the hammered girls outside while fire and police came. They really used MLK Day off as a day of service, just as intended.
At least you don’t have to worry about alcohol yet!
You must have been such a great influence . What kind of grown adult actually does this anyway and then brag about how drunk your charges got? What is a darties by the way ? A dart contest or just what?

Reactions: DANC
Um I’m not talking about either of those. Im talking about sexually assaulting women.
No you aren't you are talking about your hatred for Trump. Have you ever mentioned Joe Biden assaulting and that is what it is young women by touching them and sniffing their hair and God knows what else. We have all seen it ! Have anything to say about that? Doubtful, because this is just another exercise in Zeke hypocrisy 101

Reactions: IUSUMMERS and DANC
Like years ago or recently. The old nr had a dollop of sauce on each square. That was pretty good even for my standards and I'm from Elkhart.
Volcano is best in Elkhart , Several others are gone now. Goshen had a NR for awhile and briefly a Pizza King.

I love Breaking Away. Steve Tesich wrote the screenplay based on the 1962 Little Five that was dominated by Tesich’s frat brother Dave Blasé Blasé is the inspiration for the story and played the race announcer in the movie. I rode in the ‘62 race, we had no chance. On a training ride out to Morgan-Monroe Forrest, Blase caught up with me and we talked for several miles. Then he said”see ya” and took off like a shot

Most of the road scenes in the movie were routes I had ridden on and was very familiar with. In the mid 90’s I returned to Bloomington with my road bike to ride this routes. I couldn’t believe I rode those routes on the old one-speed Schwann that weighed close to 50lbs. Youth does have its benefits.

In my mind better Indiana sports movie than Hoosiers and I love the road scenes in it

I mean, just this week we have had the CFO of the Trump Organization sent to Riker's Island for his role in a decade-long tax fraud scheme. Not one peep here.

Today we have the Trump Org. fined $1.6 million after conviction for 17 felonies, including tax fraud. Still not one peep here.

This ought to be more discussed than the Santos lies, the mishandled documents, and the day-to-day stupidity of politicians on both sides of the aisle. But.... crickets. I guess that will continue as the Georgia election fixing scheme becomes clarified. Then when indictments come in for Jan 6th for administration members.

Are we just comfortable with the accepted facts around rampant and unprecedented corruption at the highest level?
When the entire system is corrupt, how do you fix it? What is the answer? As always, it starts at the top and when the top is corrupt and a system is in place that supports it, what is to be done?

Trump didn't get rich(er).
giphy.gif

Ohhh boy here we go.

Can we name one more...just one?

Volcano is best in Elkhart , Several others are gone now. Goshen had a NR for awhile and briefly a Pizza King.
Elkhart pizza is still on another planet even with all the departures. And yes Volcano rules the roost IMO too. There is still Michaels and Bruno's prolly a couple other oldies yes?

I mean, just this week we have had the CFO of the Trump Organization sent to Riker's Island for his role in a decade-long tax fraud scheme. Not one peep here.

Today we have the Trump Org. fined $1.6 million after conviction for 17 felonies, including tax fraud. Still not one peep here.

This ought to be more discussed than the Santos lies, the mishandled documents, and the day-to-day stupidity of politicians on both sides of the aisle. But.... crickets. I guess that will continue as the Georgia election fixing scheme becomes clarified. Then when indictments come in for Jan 6th for administration members.

Are we just comfortable with the accepted facts around rampant and unprecedented corruption at the highest level?
Enhh . . . I think something like this has been expected from the Trump Org. proceedings. In other words, no reason to get excited . . . .

he targets you because of your history. i don't know how we overcome that. he does the same to cray. how bulk feels towards your posting is how i feel when i see a shooter or cosmic or a few others post. i just want to attack. just is what it is. bulk is smart, clever, and a good dude. i suspect if me, you, bulk, and cray went on a road trip we wouldn't talk politics and would have a smashing time. hey that might make a good reality show. let's pair up posters and rent an rv. hickory, shooter, bailey, and dbm on a cross country trip. that's gold @hoosboot. We'll call the show: the water cooler. the traveling water cooler. hoosier hysteria. i don't know. something. i hate hollywood. but i'd like to be part of it. young hollywood. young, trainwreck hollywood.
Traveling Wilburys:

hey that might make a good reality show. let's pair up posters and rent an rv. hickory, shooter, bailey, and dbm on a cross country trip. that's gold @hoosboot. We'll call the show: the water cooler. the traveling water cooler. hoosier hysteria. i don't know. something. i hate hollywood. but i'd like to be part of it. young hollywood. young, trainwreck hollywood.

You're the lawyer not me, but this might cause big problems with the FCC.
Probably would run afoul of interstate commerce laws, too.

No we aren't numb to it any more that we are numb to seeing Biden with his foot in his mouth. Any time something happens there are a few people that are gonna start a thread about it.

Reactions: DANC
Yeah, but what about it? I don't know of anything violating FCC rules or interstate commerce in what he suggested. Help a brother out . . . .
I was joking. Can't imagine anything good coming out of those four getting together.
Though it might produce more heat than nuclear fusion.

Reactions: Sope Creek
We called Forest the Virgin Vault.
I actually had a couple of friends from high school who lived on Forrest 10 or 11, and it was definitely the nunnery. I think there was a floor where guys were not allowed at all, and I seem to remember being on the floor where my friends lived and having to exit when the alarm went off at like 8 pm.

By contrast my floor in Shea had 24 hrs open visitation. It was pretty common to see one of the restrooms restricted to females only in the morning after a Fri night kegger. And one year we had a guy who basically unofficially moved his girlfriend into his room for the entire 2nd semester. It was a double room but his roommate moved out at the semester break and he just moved her in. They lived down on the short end, and she just sort of became a permanent fixture on a floor of 60 or so guys...

I actually had a couple of friends from high school who lived on Forrest 10 or 11, and it was definitely the nunnery. I think there was a floor where guys were not allowed at all, and I seem to remember being on the floor where my friends lived and having to exit when the alarm went off at like 8 pm.

By contrast my floor in Shea had 24 hrs open visitation. It was pretty common to see one of the restrooms restricted to females only in the morning after a Fri night kegger. And one year we had a guy who basically unofficially moved his girlfriend into his room for the entire 2nd semester. It was a double room but his roommate moved out at the semester break and he just moved her in. They lived down on the short end, and she just sort of became a permanent fixture on a floor of 60 or so guys...
I just made it through a cosmic post....Cue Rocky. And it was a good story!

Agree. I'll admit once in awhile when I'm feeling nostalgic I'll watch the opening of Hoosiers on YouTube.
The opening scenes to me are the best of it and some of the games. It is a good movie and maybe I have seen it too many times and it has flaws.

Breaking Away I really can't find any in .

The opening scenes to me are the best of it and some of the games. It is a good movie and maybe I have seen it too many times and it has flaws.

Breaking Away I really can't find any in .
One of my favorite scenes in Breaking Away is the serenade at the sorority. When they filmed that scene, they blocked off 3rd street. I was driving to where it was blocked off and my muffler was pretty non-functional. I bet they had to stop filming until I got out of sound range.

I also really like the scenes of him racing the trucker on SR37. They had the signs pointing the wrong way - like they were going to Bloomington when they were headed north. Of course, it's I69 now.

And the fight scene in the Union restaurant. I used to hang out there all the time (not in the gay corner) - I always wince when they break the stained glass.

One of my favorite scenes in Breaking Away is the serenade at the sorority. When they filmed that scene, they blocked off 3rd street. I was driving to where it was blocked off and my muffler was pretty non-functional. I bet they had to stop filming until I got out of sound range.

I also really like the scenes of him racing the trucker on SR37. They had the signs pointing the wrong way - like they were going to Bloomington when they were headed north. Of course, it's I69 now.

And the fight scene in the Union restaurant. I used to hang out there all the time (not in the gay corner) - I always wince when they break the stained glass.
I used to hang out there all the time (not in the gay corner)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: LOL

I was joking. Can't imagine anything good coming out of those four getting together.
Though it might produce more heat than nuclear fusion.
Time to take me around the corner again to explain . . . . 🤷‍♂️

Time to take me around the corner again to explain . . . . 🤷‍♂️

Per McM's post 182: "hey that might make a good reality show. let's pair up posters and rent an rv. hickory, shooter, bailey, and dbm on a cross country trip."

There was one we always went to Sunday nights when the dorms weren't serving dinner was on 3rd street by the nunnery (Forest).

the one you're thinking of i believe was on the NE corner of 3rd and Union.

Union is the st east of Forest that goes from 3rd to 10th st in front of Eigenmann, and basically was/is the eastern border of the main campus.

Last edited:

Union is the st east of Forest that goes from 3rd to 10th st in front of Eigenmann, and basically was/is the eastern border of the main campus.
You wrote that one almost like a normal person except for the relatively few, for you, missing capital letters. You should work on that, but I read all of that post and I didn’t develop a headache.

You can do it. Post like a serious person and get taken seriously. Well, somewhat seriously, at least. There’s still the content thing . . .

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing and DANC

Yes, I'm aware of where it was. :rolleyes:

Trump confesses on the Stormy payout.

The litany of excuses:
1) it was a long time ago, the statute of limitations ran out
2) I just did what my lawyers told me to do.
3) It was a terrible plague
4) LOCUSTS!

Fnzl7QXWQAAUwcw

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT