ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any Purdue recruits that Allen should be targeting?

Snowflake: you are the one here trolling unsubstantiated claims so back them up Snowflake. KW was dismissed for apparent mismanagement and abuse of players. The rest you made up.

As for Kellen Lewis you came here awhile back and called a 19 year old kid you have never met a "crackhead"...have you forgotten that Snowflake? Huh Sporto? That comes back to bite you in the ass.

I assure you if any IU fan went to GBI and called some of your Football players by name; "sexual predators" or a certain basketball player by name; an "addict"...you would sob and we would be banned.

What has caused this resurgence in your anger? You laid low for a year or more and now the obsession and rage has returned.
Fail...once again couldn't answer the question. That taste in your mouth is sand from your head being buried in it.

those Buckets IU won apparently came at the pretty high cost of some young men's health.

"It's Indiana!"

Really? How many of the kids that are voicing concerns impacted the last four games? How many of the kids that have shown support impacted the games? (Spoiler alert: in the first case; none...in the second case; a bunch)

KW apparently needed to go (from IU, not all programs), but IU has been the superior program regardless of KW's knucklehead philosophy.

Interesting that the little brother syndrome is so consuming that you guys stay here talking about IU rather that talk PUs new coach and future on GBI. Oh wait...they are talking IU on GBI as well.

Really? How many of the kids that are voicing concerns impacted the last four games? How many of the kids that have shown support impacted the games? (Spoiler alert: in the first case; none...in the second case; a bunch)

KW apparently needed to go (from IU, not all programs), but IU has been the superior program regardless of KW's knucklehead philosophy.

Interesting that the little brother syndrome is so consuming that you guys stay here talking about IU rather that talk PUs new coach and future on GBI. Oh wait...they are talking IU on GBI as well.
One of them won two of the last three games for IU.

For those new to the forums. I am indeed a Purdue parent. With the large following I have among the PU alumni on these boards I was very careful never to state the gender of my child, Major, living facility or whether it was twins. PU has also been a client for a decade. I have a somewhat unique perspective on both universities.

LOL. Truer words have never been written.

Posting on an IU board about IU things DURING your own game. A walking posting stereotype. Whatsamatter couldn't afford one of those $10 tickets to the Hog Barn for the game?

Posting on an IU board about IU things DURING your own game. A walking posting stereotype. Whatsamatter couldn't afford one of those $10 tickets to the Hog Barn for the game?
Didn't watch a second. The game right before finals week is never going to put me in a good mood. You have a better chance of achieving that, and, in fact, you did.

For those new to the forums. I am indeed a Purdue parent. With the large following I have among the PU alumni on these boards I was very careful never to state the gender of my child, Major, living facility or whether it was twins. PU has also been a client for a decade. I have a somewhat unique perspective on both universities.
I assume based on your background that you probably live in Indiana. Fortunately for me, I do not. I have a serious question for you assuming you are actually from Indiana and have a kid who went to Purdue. Therefore, I assume your kid was either a farmer or an engineer, since you hate Purdue with all your heart and wouldn't let them attend Purdue if they had the same degree at IU. If you have any insight into Engineering in the state of Indiana, I'd be interested in your opinion. If not, no worries, I will look elsewhere.

That's an interesting stat. Four of IU's last 12 conference wins have been against Purdue. My impression was that IU was much more competitive in league play, but I was wrong. They have been a doormat just like Purdue and Illinois.

The difference of course being that the true doormats are losing 56-10 and not even close, more like embarrassing. IU has taken the best of the best down to the wire and coming so close with zero blow outs. That to me is a team that is almost at the cusp of top tier, which is much different than a doormat.

Reactions: Monday QB
I assume based on your background that you probably live in Indiana. Fortunately for me, I do not. I have a serious question for you assuming you are actually from Indiana and have a kid who went to Purdue. Therefore, I assume your kid was either a farmer or an engineer, since you hate Purdue with all your heart and wouldn't let them attend Purdue if they had the same degree at IU. If you have any insight into Engineering in the state of Indiana, I'd be interested in your opinion. If not, no worries, I will look elsewhere.
The kid doesn't like her dad.

The difference of course being that the true doormats are losing 56-10 and not even close, more like embarrassing. IU has taken the best of the best down to the wire and coming so close with zero blow outs. That to me is a team that is almost at the cusp of top tier, which is much different than a doormat.
giphy.gif

They are still losses...but the difference is that even the best teams have to really prepare for IU and execute or they will get beat. The biggest threat the Boilies have been in many years is Being a "trap game".

Each of my children chose the schools ( undergrad and grad) they wanted and I supported the decision 100%. I am no expert on Engineering but the two best places to study are Rose Hulman and PU although I hear pretty good things about ND.

Each of my children chose the schools ( undergrad and grad) they wanted and I supported the decision 100%. I am no expert on Engineering but the two best places to study are Rose Hulman and PU although I hear pretty good things about ND.
My question actually was about Rose Hulman. My son is being recruited there for athletics and would study engineering. I know it has a great rep for Engineering but what I've heard about Terre Haute is not flattering. Any insight you could provide would be appreciated.

My question actually was about Rose Hulman. My son is being recruited there for athletics and would study engineering. I know it has a great rep for Engineering but what I've heard about Terre Haute is not flattering. Any insight you could provide would be appreciated.
My best friend from high school is a Rose grad (though admittedly from many years ago) and played baseball there. More recently, the son of a good friend is a more recent Rose alum as are several of my former students. Some of those kids played a variety of sports.
The RH campus is pretty much set apart from Terre Haute and a very nice place. The athletic programs and facilities are first-rate for a D-3 program. If your kid has an opportunity to get that Rose Hulman education, he should jump at the chance. He will have a great experience and no trouble finding a well-paying job afterward.

RH is a great undergrad program, he could do his post grad at PU, I have hired a couple that did that . Terre Haute is a dump so if he wants Chancey or the Hill he won't get it. That said, groups of 19 year olds have the innate ability to have a good time anywhere. ISU isn't far but that is a mixed bag as well. I seem to recall you are African American? If so, TH is a small town and you run into some of the unfortunate side of small town America. I am not qualified to make such a judgement, someone who actually is a minority would need to judge that. That said, any university is going to be me enlightened than the town. this is true of Bloomington and Lafayette as well.

Playing D3 sports is a draw at many schools such as RH, Franklin, etc. there is some pretty solid Football and Baseball in the HCAC.

The grads I know from RH loved it, and they are damned well prepared. RH doesn't have the academic facilities PU does obviously. Grad school is the tract IMO.

Lol. Not anytime soon. Brohm may do well eventually but right now your roster sucks, your attendance is non existent, your facilities suck, your tailgating sucks, your campus sucks, your support sucks, your exposure sucks, hell, you goat ropers can't even grow grass.
Lol, nice reply junior, me thinks me smell some fear from someone realizing reality is getting ready to set in... lol

Lol, nice reply junior, me thinks me smell some fear from someone realizing reality is getting ready to set in... lol

I did make a mistake here Mr Potatohead. Your new coach will likely improve all of those things except the campus. That will continue to suck.

The only reality about to set in is 5 Bucket wins in a row, why don't you run along to your board and celebrate your saviors newest unrated commits.... lol

Reactions: 10yrProject
They just "stole" a DB from Penn (they're actually starting to believe that "Ivy League west" shtick);):rolleyes:

You mean the guy from Carmel that will help us rebuild relationships at the best school in-state for talent? Yeah why on earth would we take a commitment from him?

The only reality about to set in is 5 Bucket wins in a row, why don't you run along to your board and celebrate your saviors newest unrated commits.... lol

Pretty simple. We need bodies mid-year and we need them fast. The better quality will come in time.

You mean the guy from Carmel that will help us rebuild relationships at the best school in-state for talent? Yeah why on earth would we take a commitment from him?
Can't say as I would think Carmel is "the best" for D-1 talent. If I had to guess, I would say that title probably goes to Warren Central, but I get what you are saying.....

Can't say as I would think Carmel is "the best" for D-1 talent. If I had to guess, I would say that title probably goes to Warren Central, but I get what you are saying.....

My point is that Hazell largely ignored in-state recruiting and Brohm already made visits at Carmel, Center Grove, and Avon in his first week. Hazell didn't do squat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT