ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any Purdue recruits that Allen should be targeting?

You mean the guy from Carmel that will help us rebuild relationships at the best school in-state for talent? Yeah why on earth would we take a commitment from him?
Well if you're taking guys just to "rebuild" relationships, then you boys over on gbi better lower your win predictions for the next few years. I will agree, you need bodies, but you also better have bodies that can block and tackle on the Big Ten level.

Well if you're taking guys just to "rebuild" relationships, then you boys over on gbi better lower your win predictions for the next few years. I will agree, you need bodies, but you also better have bodies that can block and tackle on the Big Ten level.

I think this guy from Carmel will be solid in time. He's 6'2 185 and has only been playing football for 2 years. If he started for Carmel he must have some legit talent.

I think this guy from Carmel will be solid in time. He's 6'2 185 and has only been playing football for 2 years. If he started for Carmel he must have some legit talent.
Maybe, I'd call it a gamble at best. You said our hiring of Allen is a gamble, probably so, but so is your hire. Frankly, I like our hire, I like a guy that has proven he knows how to build a strong D, I like a guy who doesn't have to "rebuild" relationships because he already has them, and I like a guy who has coached in the SEC and Florida. I also don't worry about the offense, we have never really had big issues with that even before CKW, and I prefer a stout D. I like our hire a lot, I just don't feel the need to run over to our little brothers board to spout off about it.

Reactions: 10yrProject
Maybe, I'd call it a gamble at best. You said our hiring of Allen is a gamble, probably so, but so is your hire. Frankly, I like our hire, I like a guy that has proven he knows how to build a strong D, I like a guy who doesn't have to "rebuild" relationships because he already has them, and I like a guy who has coached in the SEC and Florida. I also don't worry about the offense, we have never really had big issues with that even before CKW, and I prefer a stout D. I like our hire a lot, I just don't feel the need to run over to our little brothers board to spout off about it.

It'll be interesting to see how Allen does as a HC for the first time at the college level.

My point is that Hazell largely ignored in-state recruiting and Brohm already made visits at Carmel, Center Grove, and Avon in his first week. Hazell didn't do squat.

Then just post that because it makes sense. Carmel is a good program but somewhere behind Waeen, Ben Davis, Pike, and center Grove for D1 talent.

RH is a great undergrad program, he could do his post grad at PU, I have hired a couple that did that . Terre Haute is a dump so if he wants Chancey or the Hill he won't get it. That said, groups of 19 year olds have the innate ability to have a good time anywhere. ISU isn't far but that is a mixed bag as well. I seem to recall you are African American? If so, TH is a small town and you run into some of the unfortunate side of small town America. I am not qualified to make such a judgement, someone who actually is a minority would need to judge that. That said, any university is going to be me enlightened than the town. this is true of Bloomington and Lafayette as well.

Playing D3 sports is a draw at many schools such as RH, Franklin, etc. there is some pretty solid Football and Baseball in the HCAC.

The grads I know from RH loved it, and they are damned well prepared. RH doesn't have the academic facilities PU does obviously. Grad school is the tract IMO.
Thanks a lot. Great info. Appreciate it.

It's only bait if you happen to be a troll. If you stay in your own yard, you don't have to worry about being butthurt because the neighbor kid smacks you around for being in his.
LOL. Ummm, okay?

Love the Internet, just love it.

I did make a mistake here Mr Potatohead. Your new coach will likely improve all of those things except the campus. That will continue to suck.
Well, it took less time than I thought, 10 days on the job and his recruiting class just passed up iu's. lol I can see the beads of nervousness staring to form...enjoy the show!

Well, it took less time than I thought, 10 days on the job and his recruiting class just passed up iu's. lol I can see the beads of nervousness staring to form...enjoy the show!
No beads of sweat in B'town. The talent already on hand at IU is light years ahead of PU and a few years of substandard recruiting in West Lafayette. Also, assessment of a potential recruiting class at this point is meaningless, compared to who actually signs.

No beads of sweat in B'town. The talent already on hand at IU is light years ahead of PU and a few years of substandard recruiting in West Lafayette. Also, assessment of a potential recruiting class at this point is meaningless, compared to who actually signs.

Lights year ahead yet only beat us by two at home? I think that gap will get smaller here in the next few years.

Blah blah blah. Go back to gbi and drool over that recruit you stole from penn.

drool? I like his long-term potential but drool is a bit much. I am pretty excited about a JUCO DB we just got who had been committed to Louisville though.

Last edited:
drool? I like his long-term potential but drool is a bit much. I am pretty excited about a JUCO DB we just got who had been committed to Louisville though.
Yea had been till they got commitments from 7 other db's in this class. Other than louisville you might want to check his offer list. Then compare his to Tyler knight and Juan Harris who are signing with IU then we'll talk.

Yea had been till they got commitments from 7 other db's in this class. Other than louisville you might want to check his offer list. Then compare his to Tyler knight and Juan Harris who are signing with IU then we'll talk.

Juan Harris? Is he a sure thing? Hasn't he decommitted like 5 times already?

Wow. This is a very PU basketball-like little brother stat for you guys to celebrate over Sounds like a banner will be raised soon for this accomplishment. There was a day that PU grad didn't measure themselves this way in football...my how fortunes changed.

Wow. This is a very PU basketball-like little brother stat for you guys to celebrate over Sounds like a banner will be raised soon for this accomplishment. There was a day that PU grad didn't measure themselves this way in football...my how fortunes changed.

Thank you Darrell Hazell haha.

You do realize that if he does turn PU around he won't be there to long. I would guess that there is a good chance that UL job will open up in a few years and Brohm will go there.

You do realize that if he does turn PU around he won't be there to long. I would guess that there is a good chance that UL job will open up in a few years and Brohm will go there.

I do realize that. People keep saying that like it's a bad thing though and I don't understand why. If he turns us around in 3-4 years and leaves for Louisville, he'd leave us in a much better/stable place than we're at right now and I can live with that.

I do realize that. People keep saying that like it's a bad thing though and I don't understand why. If he turns us around in 3-4 years and leaves for Louisville, he'd leave us in a much better/stable place than we're at right now and I can live with that.
Maybe or maybe not because you never know who you would get as his replacement. IU and PU will always be stepping stone jobs in football for up and coming coaches. You will always get the up and coming coach from a smaller school or older coaches who has no place else to go.

Maybe or maybe not because you never know who you would get as his replacement. IU and PU will always be stepping stone jobs in football for up and coming coaches. You will always get the up and coming coach from a smaller school or older coaches who has no place else to go.
Well maybe some coaches thought Purdue and IU were going to be stepping stone jobs,but who did it work for?Phil Dickens left IU and I dont think He ever coached again.John Pont went to Northwestern.Lee Corso coached briefly in the USFL and Northern Illinois before finding his true calling in the broadcast booth.Sam Wyche spent one year in Bloomington,then went on to the Bengals.Bill Mallory had more success for the Hoosiers than anyone since Bo MacMillan but retired after IU canned him.Cam Cameron has proven to be a successful co ordinator only ,Gerry DiNardo became a Big Ten Network announcer ,Terry Hoeppner died tragically ,Bill Lynch lasted just four years without moving onto a better job,and Wilson is currently in limbo.The only winning Purdue coaches in 40 years were Jim Young and Joe Tiller.Young was out of the loop for one year,then had a good run at Army.Tiller retired at age 66 and supposedly turned down a few offers while the Purdue coach to stay there.So except for Wyche,I dont think any of them went up the coaching ladder to a better job.Maybe they thought Purdue and IU would be stepping stone jobs but it didnt pan out for hardly any of them.

Well maybe some coaches thought Purdue and IU were going to be stepping stone jobs,but who did it work for?Phil Dickens left IU and I dont think He ever coached again.John Pont went to Northwestern.Lee Corso coached briefly in the USFL and Northern Illinois before finding his true calling in the broadcast booth.Sam Wyche spent one year in Bloomington,then went on to the Bengals.Bill Mallory had more success for the Hoosiers than anyone since Bo MacMillan but retired after IU canned him.Cam Cameron has proven to be a successful co ordinator only ,Gerry DiNardo became a Big Ten Network announcer ,Terry Hoeppner died tragically ,Bill Lynch lasted just four years without moving onto a better job,and Wilson is currently in limbo.The only winning Purdue coaches in 40 years were Jim Young and Joe Tiller.Young was out of the loop for one year,then had a good run at Army.Tiller retired at age 66 and supposedly turned down a few offers while the Purdue coach to stay there.So except for Wyche,I dont think any of them went up the coaching ladder to a better job.Maybe they thought Purdue and IU would be stepping stone jobs but it didnt pan out for hardly any of them.
I was stating tha tif you have any kind of success ant these schools you are going to move on. None of the coaches you stated had much success so what bigger programs would have wanted them. I am talking about coaches like Brohm who has had some success at lower programs and if he does well at PU he will leave for better programs.

People outside of the Midwest don't even know who Purdue is. Do you think a 17 year old kid from the West Coast, Southeast, or East Coast really knows who Purdue is, I doubt it.

There's a good chance Brohm will be at Purdue less than four years...mark it down. He's the Louisville golden child and will take that job when it comes available.

He's a good offensive mind but his defenses weren't too hot. Heck, IU spanked his very best team last year and that WKU team would've beaten the last 8 or 9 Purdue teams.

He'll do ok at Purdue, I just don't see him recruiting too well up there. He would recruit very well in Louisville.

Purdue just landed a receiver from Florida who had taken official visits to IU, Illinois, and Houston and had offers from those 3 plus UNC, Penn State, WVU, Pitt, Louisville, and others. I guess a kid from the southeast has some idea about Purdue?

Purdue just landed a receiver from Florida who had taken official visits to IU, Illinois, and Houston and had offers from those 3 plus UNC, Penn State, WVU, Pitt, Louisville, and others. I guess a kid from the southeast has some idea about Purdue?

A student-athlete who wanted to be an engineer, pharmacist or study a number of other subjects would know about Purdue. That might not help with 4-star and 5-star players but that is not working for IU either.

And just so you know, Juan Harris signed with us this weekend, you seemed to question whether he would or not. You aren't seriously going to come running over here every time you get a commit are you ? No one cares

And just so you know, Juan Harris signed with us this weekend, you seemed to question whether he would or not. You aren't seriously going to come running over here every time you get a commit are you ? No one cares

That's good for you guys. Seems to be a good pickup. And no I won't. I just wanted to prove to td75 that Florida recruits clearly know about Purdue. Have a good NYE.

I just don't see Purdue as an attractive place for an 18 year old kid to spend the next 4 years of his life. Places with beautiful scenery, Bloomington and other Big Ten stops, shoukd have little concern with Purdue taking their recruits.

I honestly don't know how places like Minnesota and Purdue recruit. I'm being dead serious. I'm from the Louisville area and it's mindboggling. I'm predicting right now that Tom Allen dominates in state recruiting while Brohm is at Purdue. If the Indiana high school coaches love TA like we hear, Brohm has a big hill to climb. I think he'll regret Purdue.

Iu is a nice campus but they better never leave it. If Terre Haute is the armpit of Indiana then Bloomington is the anus of Indiana

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT