ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any Dr’s on this forum?

FFS how has this not been referernced by the old timers. Also, for the newbies, an intro to the LTF

Holy shit, i think i just saw @mcmurtry66 's original handle in there. 14 years ago!

What a gem

Reactions: larsIU
We’ve been referred to an infectious disease Dr. which we see next week. Hoping to get some answers. Got a little frustrated with our pediatrician as she would never do any testing unless we requested it, which was how he was diagnosed with mono to begin with. What you mentioned is certainly something I’ll bring up. Can you get that other than by a tick bite?

Good luck. I wish you the best as dealing with a sick child is painful for parents.

I don't believe you can get it normally without being bitten, but ticks are hard to see. It would normally be accompanied with a rash though, which would be obvious. My nephew got it in VA, but was able to get treated early

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
Good luck. I wish you the best as dealing with a sick child is painful for parents.

I don't believe you can get it normally without being bitten, but ticks are hard to see. It would normally be accompanied with a rash though, which would be obvious. My nephew got it in VA, but was able to get treated early

Several years ago a month or so after our annual
member guest tournament at Victoria National we found out a guest had died of Lyme disease. Deer tics are horrible at Victoria. He had been bitten during the tournament.

Mono takes a long time to fully feel better. I mostly was fatigued for quite a while (many months)

That depends. I had mono in undergrad. They found it because I had pain when trying to sleep on my stomach. Team doctor (an absolute quack) told me I pulled a muscle. I knew that was nonsense. I told him I didn't think it was that, so he ordered a blood test.

Turns out the stomach pain was from an enlarged spleen, caused by mono. Most bizarre part, though, it that I was out of training for only 4 days, and felt 100% by day 5.

On the other hand, I know people who got mono (not from me) and were not the same for 3-4 months.

Sometimes I wonder if you wouldn't get about as good of advice. Seems like every time I go in with a complaint all I get the is the "You are getting older" comment. Sometimes I'd like to punch one in the nose and then ask them if their nose hurts and when they say yes tell them they are getting older. I know they deal with all sorts of people but I am not one to complain about much.... just deal with it. On the other hand, I have a sister that would go to the doctor for a hangnail.

Took my kid to the endocrinologist for his quarterly checkup this morning (he has T1D).

His A1C (5.4) was lower than mine (5.7). Mentioned this to the endo, and she just laughed at me. Yeah, getting old sucks.

Reactions: NPT
My A1C came down from 5.9 to 5.6 last year and my doctor told me to keep doing what I've been doing. I said "Well I got plenty of candy to do that". 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT