ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Calls out Joe Lunardi

I seriously think Lunardi dropped IU to Last Four In after the Minnesota game because this game was being telecast on ESPN. While I think it was an important game for IU, I don't think it was as important as ESPN was making it out to be. And they were basing that importance on Lunardi's bracket.

Reactions: Pryght
Maybe he should say whatever he wants to say. A long time ago, we had a coach who didn't pussyfoot around BS, trying to be politically correct. I welcome the realism.

Maybe he should spend his time and effort on the things he can control. Like his Coaching, his team's effort and performance. If he did that, he wouldn't have to worry about brackets and selection Sunday.

Maybe he should say whatever he wants to say. A long time ago, we had a coach who didn't pussyfoot around BS, trying to be politically correct. I welcome the realism.
You think Bobby would’ve ever addressed someone like Joe Lunardi? That Miller said anything says he’s panicked. Self assured people wouldn’t say a word.

Of course he is; trying to deflect criticism of his poor coaching abilities. It’s always something or someone else.

He doesn't get in then one more year and he's out. He knows getting in will give him more breathing room but do we want that at this stage? Probably not. Clearly we are not very good. Can you imagine IU being able to pull off a win like that at Wisconsin.....um No.

Joe Lunardi is completely irrelevant to what IU is doing as a team, and it's sad Archie doesn't agree. He shouldn't have even acknowledged the root of the question and instead given a vanilla "focused on my team" answer.

I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t even like the guy.

I hate to say it, but the problem here is not that Lunardi is being too harsh on Indiana. The problem is that we really aren’t very good. Archie should address that instead of complaining about pundits pointing it out. It’s painfully obvious.

Like Bobby never called a journalists job a step or two above prostitution, you must not remember coach knight with the media.
Miller is calling out Lunardi for saying IU is on the bubble. No, Knight would’ve never, ever done that. He wouldn’t have even known who Lunardi was.

Miller is calling out Lunardi for saying IU is on the bubble. No, Knight would’ve never, ever done that. He wouldn’t have even known who Lunardi was.
Knight was usually the first and loudest to recognize when a team of his wasn’t very good.

Hell, he donated a year’s salary to TTU’s library because he felt he’d done a poor coaching job there.

Archie needs to start being realistic — with himself and everybody else — about the poor results we’ve had in his 3 years. This act of pretending that things are fine is nauseating...and now he’s lashing out at people for simply recognizing it.

As if, for Lunardi to be his loyal “friend”, he has to pump Archie’s teams up to something better than they so obviously are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT