ADVERTISEMENT

ROLL CALL

I am shocked that they didn't.

I'm still getting the T-shirt. You didn't tell me your size. C'mon, we could get out pictures taken together wearing them and post it on the Cooler!
I’ll wait until he is behind bars and get that one. Thx

Reactions: TomEric4756
I’ll wait until he is behind bars and get that one. Thx
Sorry hon - neither one of us will be around when that happens.

C'mon - I'm coming up for the April 15 football scrimmage. We can hang out at Nick's. Bond. Get our pics taken together!

Dbm, DANC, Joe, snarlcakes, stoll, Matt nDallas, Cray, indianaftw. I can already feel the tension on the board. Crazy is unloading on Biden in another thread. Joe is getting fired up. DANC is stretching. Cray couldn’t sleep last night. Dbm’s twitter is crashing. MattnDallas is outside the prosecutor’s office. The Dems are downright giddy and will be gloating. Indictmas they’re calling it. It’s vital we stay organized today. If you see two team members in a thread move to a different thread. Spread out! And DANC, Joe, and cray. Please please please don’t turn on conservatives. Not aloha. Not me. Not any conservatives. you guys turn on each other like a pack of pomeranians fighting over a bone. Stay on point and stay focused. It’s going to be a long day. If we’re organized we’ll be fine. LET’S GOOOOO!!!!!
GOLD, Pure Gold coach. I needed this laugh.
When I landed in Mobile yesterday, as I landed, my plane died (bad fuel pump). I've been a little weak kneed and questioning the meaning of life, while being very thankful for the incredible timing the good lord offered my engine failure.

SO, you may want to put me as a game time decision. I've gotta get new boxer briefs. NEXT MAN UP team !

Sorry hon - neither one of us will be around when that happens.

C'mon - I'm coming up for the April 15 football scrimmage. We can hang out at Nick's. Bond. Get our pics taken together!
Man you know just when to move in, don't ya? Oh well, if it's for the team then go ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
When I landed in Mobile yesterday, as I landed, my plane died (bad fuel pump). I've been a little weak kneed and questioning the meaning of life, while being very thankful for the incredible timing the good lord offered my engine failure.

No shit? For realz?

I'm surprised there's no backup or redundancy built in. That's a pretty glaring single point of failure thing.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

SO, you may want to put me as a game time decision. I've gotta get new boxer briefs. NEXT MAN UP team !
My worst nightmare

My worst nightmare
Yeah, the kids want to do a bucket list trip to Australia. I said, “The only way I’m doing that is if you can drug me enough to put me out for the 20 hours or however long it takes to get there.”

Flights to Ireland and England were bad enough. Awake the entire time and flying is worse now.

Get me a way to drive there and I’m all for it.

No shit? For realz?

I'm surprised there's no backup or redundancy built in. That's a pretty glaring single point of failure thing.
For realz.
There is redundancy for the exact instance that this happened to me. Low RPMS during take off and landing. Most of the time (Like MOST MOST MOST) mechanical pumps doesn't fail at high RPMS without showing signs first at low rpms (but you know that). ... Redundancies only work when they are turned on........ I hardly EVER miss a simple step of a procedure, but I over looked it this time. You can bet my sweet ass that I won't over look it again!

• Wow
Redundancies only work when they are turned on........ I hardly EVER miss a simple step of a procedure, but I over looked it this time. You can bet my sweet ass that I won't over look it again!

So, there's a electric backup that wasn't engaged as part of the landing procedure?

Sounds like you got down and then it crapped out on the tarmac. Yeah, that would be enough to make you go phew, sure am glad that didn't happen at cruising altitude. But if it had you could have kicked the backup on and been okay?

Engine outs do happen and every pilot trains for them. That doesn't mean that it isn't.... ummmm, unnerving! You get your shit together and focus real quickly.

I remeber going up with my Dad as he practiced stalls on a plane he was going to take the whole family on vacation with. First one made me damn near puke, but they were fun after that. Just like a roller coaster.

So, there's a electric backup that wasn't engaged as part of the landing procedure?

Sounds like you got down and then it crapped out on the tarmac. Yeah, that would be enough to make you go phew, sure am glad that didn't happen at cruising altitude. But if it had you could have kicked the backup on and been okay?
Basically yes. At a high(er) altitude, no problem! on the Tarmac/ runway/ taxiway, no problem. At 200' - 750' altitude on short final...... could get hairy. If you are on proper glide slope then probably no issue at all, BUT if you screwed the pooch and need to go around for another attempt.... You don't have very many seconds for root cause determination.. :)

Reactions: larsIU and DANC
I remeber going up with my Dad as he practiced stalls on a plane he was going to take the whole family on vacation with. First one made me damn near puke, but they were fun after that. Just like a roller coaster.
I'm with ya there ! The first time the instructor reached over and shut the engine off... I was like WTF would you do that? Then I realized that the plane won't jsut fall out of the sky. Suddenly practicing was kinda fun !

Dads with planes and moms with medical degrees. Where’d all that god damn money go?
My buddy at Bloomington bought a Cessna 3 years ago for $40k. Sold it 2 months ago for $150k. On top of that, his wife is some respiratory therapist and is a complete smoke show! He doesn't do crypto either!

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Basically yes. At a high(er) altitude, no problem! on the Tarmac/ runway/ taxiway, no problem. At 200' - 750' altitude on short final...... could get hairy. If you are on proper glide slope then probably no issue at all, BUT if you screwed the pooch and need to go around for another attempt.... You don't have very many seconds for root cause determination.. :)

Gotchya. Yeah, I suspect that small window can be pretty unforgiving without power if you haven't threaded the needle just so.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
My buddy at Bloomington bought a Cessna 3 years ago for $40k. Sold it 2 months ago for $150k. On top of that, his wife is some respiratory therapist and is a complete smoke show! He doesn't do crypto either!
I don’t want any part of those baby planes. I have a buddy who does that litigation full time in so fla. Those things are always crash landing on highways and roads and swamps down there

With all due respect, since when the hell are you a conservative?

If I recall correctly, during about the first quarter of the Biden administration, you were lauding all the wonderful things he was doing through his litany of executive orders.

So, save the battlefield metaphors counselor. I’d prefer someone less Benedict Arnold-ish on my side of the skirmish line. And I couldn’t give two shits about Trump’s legal problems.
I think you must have your posters confused

Man you know just when to move in, don't ya? Oh well, if it's for the team then go ahead.
Yeah, I really thought that fuel pump thing was going to clear my way.....

Holy shit - really? Dude, I can't even imagine. Was it a controlled landing? I assume so, since you're still here. Did you glide in or did you have just enough juice to land?

I'm glad you made it to terra firma in one piece!

• Haha
Enjoy yourself this evening. Today was anticlimactic
Very. The indictment didn't even contain the federal law that was allegedly broken.

They always do this to themselves - get all boned up about FINALLY getting Trump and then.... meh.

You had the team ready to go, though.

• Haha
Very. The indictment didn't even contain the federal law that was allegedly broken.

They always do this to themselves - get all boned up about FINALLY getting Trump and then.... meh.

You had the team ready to go, though.
We were ready!!!

Yeah, the kids want to do a bucket list trip to Australia. I said, “The only way I’m doing that is if you can drug me enough to put me out for the 20 hours or however long it takes to get there.”

Flights to Ireland and England were bad enough. Awake the entire time and flying is worse now.

They have these things called ships....

I actually looked into a 2 to 3 month cruise from LA to Australia/New Zealand and Pacific Islands, but the timing didn't work out this year.

A friend of mine worked for a guy who sold planes at the Kokomo airport. Said you couldn't believe the weirdos who came from all over the country to buy planes there.

Who would have guessed.

A friend of mine worked for a guy who sold planes at the Kokomo airport. Said you couldn't believe the weirdos who came from all over the country to buy planes there.

Who would have guessed.

Buying a plane has to be like buying a horse or a boat. The purchase price is just a tiny piece of what it takes to own one.

Buying a plane has to be like buying a horse or a boat. The purchase price is just a tiny piece of what it takes to own one.
Oh boy - truer words were never spoken. I've told this before, but I bought a boat after we built a house on Morse Reservoir in '88. First of all, there was a damn DROUGHT that year and the lake dried up. But after that year, we had 'visitors' every weekend and you know who drove them around in the boat AND cleaned up after everyone had gone inside to relax.

Never so happy to get rid of something in my life. When we moved, I bought another boat - used - but they had concierge service at the boat ramp. You call up, have them put the boat in the water, go drive around, park it, and they put it back in the barn - I didn't have to do anything. I enjoyed that a lot more, but it was still a money pit.

They have these things called ships....

I actually looked into a 2 to 3 month cruise from LA to Australia/New Zealand and Pacific Islands, but the timing didn't work out this year.
I can’t imagine anything more boring.

Reactions: IUCrazy2

It’s obvious you were spared to be on Mac’s team. You realize Mac just returned from a voyage to the Gods, right? He also met a hot mom, who’s going to hit it big in crypto and never leave him. You figure it out. 😎

20 hours? Try 35+ hour travel times. 17 hr individual flights. All social order breaks down. If there is a screaming baby it will be sacrificed. It’s in the small print.

Try being on a flight where you can get drunk and sober up while still in the air.

TRY NOT TAKING A SHIT FOR 18 hrs. Oh yeah. Never a problem. Until it’s a huge problem.

20 hours? Try 35+ hour travel times. 17 hr individual flights. All social order breaks down. If there is a screaming baby it will be sacrificed. It’s in the small print.

Try being on a flight where you can get drunk and sober up while still in the air.

TRY NOT TAKING A SHIT FOR 18 hrs. Oh yeah. Never a problem. Until it’s a huge problem.
That's exactly why I haven't done it yet. I've heard horror stories about flying to Singapore. 18 hours to Japan, followed by an 8 hour flight from Tokyo to Singapore.

No thanks.

Reactions: larsIU

Is that to Africa? It’s on my bucket list

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Next best thing to having a good time.

Yeah my trip back from Egypt was 34. When I got back from Australia I had a wedding the next day. Don’t remember a thing about it. I’m trying to prioritize and get my trips to farthest away in the next couple years. I think Galapagos is next winter. The worst is when you get back and are really close and then get delayed back in the states for hours. Ugh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT