ADVERTISEMENT

ROLL CALL

DANC. Please. I’ve thought about naming you captain. But I can’t have you going rogue or turning on us. It destroys our unity and chemistry

Conservatives caring only about today's stock price and never uniting for the greater good, is much of what defines them as conservatives.

conservatives care only about one thing. have always cared only about one thing, and will always care only about one thing.

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me.

Conservatives caring only about today's stock price and never uniting for the greater good, is much of what defines them as conservatives.

conservatives care only about one thing. have always cared only about one thing, and will always care only about one thing.

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me.
If it only it were me. There’s a lot behind that me that requires support. Last month it was braces. This month what will it be on top of the regular stuff. Stick your me Mr me right up your ass

Tons of Jurkins. Tons.
They could remake this movie with no effort:

21739_gang.jpg

Reactions: larsIU
Is that to Africa? It’s on my bucket list
Yes. And I’m sure my ancestors are laughing about my incredibly first world problem.

But still. The quickest we’ve ever done point yo point is 27 hours and that included a 16 hr direct flight from New York to Johannesburg.

I dread it every time.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
Yes. And I’m sure my ancestors are laughing about my incredibly first world problem.

But still. The quickest we’ve ever done point yo point is 27 hours and that included a 16 hr direct flight from New York to Johannesburg.

I dread it every time.
Wow. That’s really something. Amazing.

Dbm, DANC, Joe, snarlcakes, stoll, Matt nDallas, Cray, indianaftw. I can already feel the tension on the board. Crazy is unloading on Biden in another thread. Joe is getting fired up. DANC is stretching. Cray couldn’t sleep last night. Dbm’s twitter is crashing. MattnDallas is outside the prosecutor’s office. The Dems are downright giddy and will be gloating. Indictmas they’re calling it. It’s vital we stay organized today. If you see two team members in a thread move to a different thread. Spread out! And DANC, Joe, and cray. Please please please don’t turn on conservatives. Not aloha. Not me. Not any conservatives. you guys turn on each other like a pack of pomeranians fighting over a bone. Stay on point and stay focused. It’s going to be a long day. If we’re organized we’ll be fine. LET’S GOOOOO!!!!!

Thread title got me thinking about this gem

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

I dread it every time.
Are your ancestors from Africa?

That's exactly why I haven't done it yet. I've heard horror stories about flying to Singapore. 18 hours to Japan, followed by an 8 hour flight from Tokyo to Singapore.

No thanks.
Been there done that. Flew from here to Bangkok and from here to Kuala Lumpur. Also to UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Baghdad, Tokyo, and Kabul. Probably forgot a flight or two over the years actually. All those flights are too long, and they suck. London and Frankfort weren't too bad from Chicago. Hawaii, which I've done many, many times, is worse than a flight to anywhere in western Europe.

Been there done that. Flew from here to Bangkok and from here to Kuala Lumpur. Also to UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Baghdad, Tokyo, and Kabul. Probably forgot a flight or two over the years actually. All those flights are too long, and they suck. London and Frankfort weren't too bad from Chicago. Hawaii, which I've done many, many times, is worse than a flight to anywhere in western Europe.
Chicago to Europe I've done many times and, while not pleasant, isn't that bad. It's sort of my limit of being in a metal tube packed with other people.

Hawaii never seemed that long because, well.... you're going to Hawaii. And coming back the flights were all red-eye.

Delco Electronics in Kokomo had offices and manufacturing in Singapore. I was asked a couple times by my manager to go over there and I refused every time. For one thing, trips over there were just usually dog-and-pony shows and I didn't see the value in going. And they usually wouldn't spring for business class. Nope - not gonna do it. Plus, I had no desire to see Singapore.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I’m good for about 15 hours, Europe no problem, go to Hawaii every year, no problem. It’s when you get to 20 hours and above that I start to go a little crazy. More so on the way home than the way. The timing matters too. On my way home from Egypt last summer our flight left at 2:00 am, so left for airport at 11:00, no point in going to bed. But then it was just a short 3 hour flight to Amsterdam and it was day time, so flying across the ocean during the day is hard to sleep. Then another stop in US before home. That one was brutal. if I can get five hours of sleep or so, I’m usually good.

Reactions: DANC
Without reading every post, all I can say is…
Lay down, first class suits are the only way to fly long flights.
Yea, I’m pampered. Personal slippers, head sets, robe, videos, Champaign, pillow, messages… yea I could live on an international airliner. And be better off!

Without reading every post, all I can say is…
Lay down, first class suits are the only way to fly long flights.
Yea, I’m pampered. Personal slippers, head sets, robe, videos, Champaign, pillow, messages… yea I could live on an international airliner. And be better off!
Let's get real - can you really poop on an airplane?

Chicago to Europe I've done many times and, while not pleasant, isn't that bad. It's sort of my limit of being in a metal tube packed with other people.

Hawaii never seemed that long because, well.... you're going to Hawaii. And coming back the flights were all red-eye.

Delco Electronics in Kokomo had offices and manufacturing in Singapore. I was asked a couple times by my manager to go over there and I refused every time. For one thing, trips over there were just usually dog-and-pony shows and I didn't see the value in going. And they usually wouldn't spring for business class. Nope - not gonna do it. Plus, I had no desire to see Singapore.
I enjoyed Singapore more every time I visited. Hung Kong is the opposite. It was my favorite liberty port initially, but became less and less enjoyable after it was given back to China.

They have these things called ships....

I actually looked into a 2 to 3 month cruise from LA to Australia/New Zealand and Pacific Islands, but the timing didn't work out this year.

I've thought of taking one of those world cruises in retirement.... probably would start with something a little less ambitious than a 200 day one though. 2-3 months sounds about right.

Might do some train journeys as well.

I hate air travel.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Being on the open ocean, library full of books..... butler service, endless cocktail options and good food? Seems horrible.
I've thought of taking one of those world cruises in retirement.... probably would start with something a little less ambitious than a 200 day one though. 2-3 months sounds about right.

I hate air travel.
Agreed on all counts.

Agreed on all counts.

The prior owners of our house were on the mailing list for TCS World Travel.... they hadn't lived here for like 8 years, but TCS still mails the brochure here every few months. They are 'private jet' world trips.... which is on an Airbus A321. Configured to hold about 50 passengers. Usually like month long trips fully around the world. And includes hotel stays at places like Ritz, etc in some pretty exotic locations.

I could get on board with that. Only slight problem I see is they run about $130k per person for a 20-30 day trip. 😅

The prior owners of our house were on the mailing list for TCS World Travel.... they hadn't lived here for like 8 years, but TCS still mails the brochure here every few months. They are 'private jet' world trips.... which is on an Airbus A321. Configured to hold about 50 passengers. Usually like month long trips fully around the world. And includes hotel stays at places like Ritz, etc in some pretty exotic locations.

I could get on board with that. Only slight problem I see is they run about $130k per person for a 20-30 day trip. 😅
Jesus. There’s a whole other world out there. Our old firm used to rep Tim Gannon the founder of outback. He had a boat he’d rent out for $150k a week. This thing was parked in a shitty spot in the Bahamas where it would get hit a couple times a year. I had to submit the insurance claims. Somebody was renting a boat for 150k a week. Somebody else had to file insurance claims

Jesus. There’s a whole other world out there. Our old firm used to rep Tim Gannon the founder of outback. He had a boat he’d rent out for $150k a week. This thing was parked in a shitty spot in the Bahamas where it would get hit a couple times a year. I had to submit the insurance claims. Somebody was renting a boat for 150k a week. Somebody else had to file insurance claims

Just watch Below Deck, lol

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Just watch Below Deck, lol
That whole Gannon crew had a polo team. The most expensive absurd “sport” ever. The teams would be rich American fat guys paired with little professional argentines. The rich Americans owned the horses, fields, etc. and the argentines would come in for the matches. They’d get the horses going. Then tie the boots of the fat Americans who couldn’t bend over then play around them until the match was over and one fat group of Americans would declare themselves winner. The polo model nacho played. He was the face of polo (Ralph Lauren) and an actual polo player. The only authentic thing about any of it

Last edited:
Reactions: twenty02
That whole Gannon crew had a polo team. The most expensive absurd “sport” ever. The teams would be rich American fat guys paired with little professional argentines. The rich Americans owned the horses, fields, etc. and the argentines would come in for the matches. They’d get the horses going. Then tie the boots of the fat Americans who couldn’t bend over then play around them until the match was over and one fat group of Americans would declare themselves winner. The polo model nacho played. He was the face of polo (Ralph Lauren) and an actual polo player. The only authentic thing about any of it
So, the owner of Outback had a team in a sport where the main pieces of equipment were horses? I'll bet those were some pretty motivated mounts.

I hate air travel.
Train travel is stupid expensive and not reliable at all in the US. I've done Europe and it's better, but honestly, it gets boring because you don't pass the good sites - the rails don't go through the nice places.

A long cruise, stopping at Pacific Islands, sounds great to me - just need to wait for my wife to retire from her full time part time job.

Reactions: twenty02
Train travel is stupid expensive and not reliable at all in the US. I've done Europe and it's better, but honestly, it gets boring because you don't pass the good sites - the rails don't go through the nice places.

A long cruise, stopping at Pacific Islands, sounds great to me - just need to wait for my wife to retire from her full time part time job.
Keep her workin. That’s better than any cruise. Those are your hours

Are your ancestors from Africa?
No. It does sound that way when I read it back haha. I assume my shit kicking farmer ancestors from MN would have laughed at my plight as well.

• Haha
As a coach, you are the Tom Crean of recruiters...and I don't mean the Zeller, Victor, OJ Crean. You've got a bunch of Prillers, Jurkins, and McSwains there.
I haven't thought about it in years, but the name 'Peter Jurkin' is just funny.

I hate air travel.
Me too. Several of my girls did semester at sea and loved it. Don’t think I could do more than a couple months.

No. It does sound that way when I read it back haha. I assume my shit kicking farmer ancestors from MN would have laughed at my plight as well.
I think all our ancestors would be laughing at all of us.

Reactions: larsIU
That's when you start delivering brake pads.
I'm about ready for that, actually. I'm warming up to the idea of getting a trailer in Bloomington and I need a way to finance it.

Since I won't be there most of the year, I'm thinking AirBnB? Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT