ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently Warren bombed again today the the BT meetings

Didn't see it, but read about it on a couple of forums. He was a terrible hire.
I knew he was a dud when we didn’t start the season until the end of October last year,made zero sense.
Left no room to make up postponed games.
Could have easily still played 10 games last year.
He’s obviously an Alvarez and Barta puppet.

I knew he was a dud when we didn’t start the season until the end of October last year,made zero sense.
Left no room to make up postponed games.
Could have easily still played 10 games last year.
He’s obviously an Alvarez and Barta puppet.

On the o-zone forum today he's been called a buffoon, an idiot, an arrogant idiot, incompetent, a clown, a warm body in a chair, and a joke. Also, "not a leader" and has "zero presence".

Didn't help that he referred to Heisman Trophy winner "Archie Griffith".

Our goofball former President was the head of the executive search committee that recommended this guy. Says a lot.

On the o-zone forum today he's been called a buffoon, an idiot, an arrogant idiot, incompetent, a clown, a warm body in a chair, and a joke. Also, "not a leader" and has "zero presence".

Our goofball former President was the head of the executive search committee that recommended this guy. Says a lot.
Your last paragraph surprises…..none.

Warren? Oh...that Warren! 🤣 The one who is supposed to be the Big Ten Commissioner?

Yeah, he’s absolutely embarrassing for the conference. Way in over his head. I didn’t even know he still held the position. He’s never visible and generally when he does emerge it’s an absolute shit show.

This should surprise nobody.

He obviously fumbled quite a bit last football season and he has yet to fix the east/west imbalance. That said, the jury stays out until the end of next basketball season.

Some Warren quotes today from an 8 minute speech:

"It's been incredible to learn so many of your faces"

""All of our fans across the Globe and in the United States...."

"Our bowl partners provide our SAs the opportunities...to travel and to experience new items...."

"BT schools have...had more HT winners, 19, than any other FBS conferences..."

"Archie Griffith"

"Interestingly enough., sixteen of our former BT SAs have been inducted into the PF HofF; that # will grow to sixty-six here in a couple of weeks...."

Goodness.

Warren? Oh...that Warren! 🤣 The one who is supposed to be the Big Ten Commissioner?

Yeah, he’s absolutely embarrassing for the conference. Way in over his head. I didn’t even know he still held the position. He’s never visible and generally when he does emerge it’s an absolute shit show.

This should surprise nobody.

BT hired Barry Alvarez as a football consultant.....kinda the same role that Matta has at IU......Sounds like damage control.

Lots of nonsensical rambling.

On conference realignment: “We’re at an inflection point in college athletics, so whether it’s name, image and likeness, whether it’s the Alston case, whether it’s potential College Football Playoff expansion, whether it’s schools from one conference joining another conference, these are the kind of issues that we all will be dealing with here this year and for many years in the future. And so again, that’s the world that we live in right now, and I know from where we sit, we’re always constantly evaluating what’s in the best interest of the conference. It’ll be interesting to see how that story that you mentioned yesterday, how that evolves and where it lands, but I think that reiterates where we are in college athletics.”

On College Football Playoff expansion: “This fall, I’ve already started this summer of having these conversations within our internal Big Ten family in regards to their viewpoints from College Football [Playoff] expansion, gathering information, as they called it, kind of these next couple months to really gather information to decide what we feel is in the best interest. So I am really energized and excited. That’s why I came here is to do everything we can to make this the best conference in college athletics, empower our student-athletes and deal with issues like you’re addressing.”

Have heard from at least a couple current IU students and alums as well who have met McRobbie in person and his personality / demeanor is not pleasant to say the least. The typical elite, academia persona for people at that level. Many are not big fans.
Yes......I wasn't blown away by the credentials of his replacement, but at least it looks like she's got some practical sense and more of a common touch....

Lots of nonsensical rambling.

On conference realignment: “We’re at an inflection point in college athletics, so whether it’s name, image and likeness, whether it’s the Alston case, whether it’s potential College Football Playoff expansion, whether it’s schools from one conference joining another conference, these are the kind of issues that we all will be dealing with here this year and for many years in the future. And so again, that’s the world that we live in right now, and I know from where we sit, we’re always constantly evaluating what’s in the best interest of the conference. It’ll be interesting to see how that story that you mentioned yesterday, how that evolves and where it lands, but I think that reiterates where we are in college athletics.”

On College Football Playoff expansion: “This fall, I’ve already started this summer of having these conversations within our internal Big Ten family in regards to their viewpoints from College Football [Playoff] expansion, gathering information, as they called it, kind of these next couple months to really gather information to decide what we feel is in the best interest. So I am really energized and excited. That’s why I came here is to do everything we can to make this the best conference in college athletics, empower our student-athletes and deal with issues like you’re addressing.”

Alvarez would have been a much better choice for Commissioner. Let's hope he acts as the Unofficial Commissioner going forward, until they find a way to dump Warren.

He looks like a perfect fit for Assistant NFL Commissioner. Maybe they need another one of those.

I honestly can’t read those quotes and believe this guy is an educated man, let alone well-versed in big business or running a mega-conference like the B1G.

Frankly, I’m not sure he’s bright enough to run the MIC.

I honestly can’t read those quotes and believe this guy is an educated man, let alone well-versed in big business or running a mega-conference like the B1G.

Frankly, I’m not sure he’s bright enough to run the MIC.

Another: "Illinois University"

It's getting close to an "emperor has no clothes" moment, when reporters will start dropping quips about how clueless he is.

Another: "Illinois University"

It's getting close to an "emperor has no clothes" moment, when reporters will start dropping quips about how clueless he is.
You can tack his bungling of Bret Bielema's name onto that too.

Reactions: mk23
He said he has no regrets and would have done nothing differently from last year. WTH. He deflected or gave a non answers to every question. When ask about playoffs, conference expansion or anything football he pointed to Barry A joining the conference office to help solve those issues. So basically BA is really the commish. SMH

He said he has no regrets and would have done nothing differently from last year. WTH. He deflected or gave a non answers to every question. When ask about playoffs, conference expansion or anything football he pointed to Barry A joining the conference office to help solve those issues. So basically BA is really the commish. SMH
As he was last year... 😉
At least this time around they've made it semiofficial...😎

Last edited:
“Thank you so much for that question. Great question. I remember when I was 10 and couldn’t sip through a straw. Then Barry Alvarez and his fantastic wife, Priscilla, took me out for ice cream. I see you there! Thanks for making the trip. Our student athletes like Archie Griswold make us proud winning our 2,066 conference trophy. Soon to be 4,000 trophies at the Olympics. So proud. Hey….I know you. Good to put a face with a name. Last year was a real blessing with COVID. Made us all better. Overall, great to be here in Chicago and appreciate that you all love me from last year. Would rather have love than the alternative.
I can drink with straws now. They have really great pillows here at the hotel. Truly honored.”

"Our bowl partners provide our SAs the opportunities...to travel and to experience new items...."

"Archie Griffith"

"Interestingly enough., sixteen of our former BT SAs have been inducted into the PF HofF; that # will grow to sixty-six here in a couple of weeks...."

Goodness.
Amazing. Truly amazing inability

“Thank you so much for that question. Great question. I remember when I was 10 and couldn’t sip through a straw. Then Barry Alvarez and his fantastic wife, Priscilla, took me out for ice cream. I see you there! Thanks for making the trip. Our student athletes like Archie Griswold make us proud winning our 2,066 conference trophy. Soon to be 4,000 trophies at the Olympics. So proud. Hey….I know you. Good to put a face with a name. Last year was a real blessing with COVID. Made us all better. Overall, great to be here in Chicago and appreciate that you all love me from last year. Would rather have love than the alternative.
I can drink with straws now. They have really great pillows here at the hotel. Truly honored.”
"Congratulations you know....really really proud."

Reading the full transcript is a chore. Can't believe this is the hand picked guy running the show.

He just needs to go. I think bringing Barry in will lead to the same scenario in BB within a year.

This will be the writing on the wall that he will be replaced soon after BB has a "czar" like football does.

This is an arms race with the SEC and with him at the helm we are not prepared. The powers at each school will figure out how to completely shelve him until it is feasible to buy him out.

Last edited:
He just needs to go. I think bringing Barry in will lead to the same scenario in BB within a year.

This will be the writing on the wall that he will be replaced soon after BB has a "czar" like football does.

This is an arms race and with him at the helm we are not prepared. The powers at each school with figure out how to completely shelve him until it is feasible to buy him out.
He certainly doesn't inspire any confidence.

"Archie Griffith"

Goodness.

Here are a few more that were pretty funny:

"We faced COVID 19, which had never happened in the history of the world"...........DUH

"And Viola Taliaferro had an incredible year in law, as a lawyer, as a judge...."..........1 good year out of 40 ain't bad.

"And one of my proudest was when I attended Indiana University last year...."........Another proud alum

""On July 1st..., SAs gained the opportunity to compensate for their name, image, and likeness,,,,"

"I am focused on picking the appropriate time to really spend the time, energy, and effort with the necessary constituents to determine when the right time is and what we need to do.".......It's always good to plan.

"So this fall, I've already started this summer of having these conversations...."

"Last year, I'm a big believer, I probably have a different view, maybe I don't, but I have a different view about life...."

"I was fortunate at 10 and a half years old to get run over by a car.".........My personal favorite.

"I had to drink, that's why today I can't use a straw anymore...."

Last edited:
It was obvious he was in over his head
from the beginning.
I remember watching the presser when he was introduced as the new commissioner and thinking there had to be better qualified candidates than this guy.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT