ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently Bob Knight was at the Marian University game today

Well, according to your earlier post, your hero was spreading a rumor about BK attending the Ohio game and he was ….uh wrong? How could this possibly be if he is so knowledgeable?

Did Dan say “RMK will be at the OSU game. Book it. 100%”, or did he say “I heard a rumor that..., or “there’s some rumor going around that...”?

How did he say it that you can qualify him as being wrong?

If you choose to say to someone “I heard this rumor that you like to (insert verb) yourself”. If it turns out to be false, that doesn’t make you wrong. But it also doesn’t make you right if it turns out to be true.

The problem most IU fans have with Dan is that he’s extremely knowledgeable about IU yet he’s not a homer. Those two things drive some alleged IU fans crazy. A third is that he has a high profile and highly rated radio show and lives in his critics heads rent free. Funny to watch the hatred directed his way.
That could be it, but his at-best occasional lack of integrity is probably a sticking point too.

His halo started to slip for me when he was in a twitter argument with AJ Guyton and said that he told Jason Collier he couldn't transfer to Bowling Green when he left IU.

That's as silly, preposterous and untrue as it sounds.

I was watching a game he was covering last week, dont remember which one. He commented about the IU game coming up against OSU. Im para phrasing, Bob Knight supposedly will be at the game and to take that for what it's worth. Was nothing more than that with this particular comment.

Meaningful connection? He was fired remember.

RMK doesn't owe IU a g*d damn thing as he might say. If he decides he wants no "reconcilliation" then that's how it should be. If he is no longer of sound mind, nobody else should be trying to make that appear to happen to make themselves or anybody else feel better.

Did Dan say “RMK will be at the OSU game. Book it. 100%”, or did he say “I heard a rumor that..., or “there’s some rumor going around that...”?

How did he say it that you can qualify him as being wrong?

If you choose to say to someone “I heard this rumor that you like to (insert verb) yourself”. If it turns out to be false, that doesn’t make you wrong. But it also doesn’t make you right if it turns out to be true.

You will need to ask ordfan, it was his post. But unless Danny has changed his all-knowing demeanor, he generally speaks in the all-knowing person.

RMK doesn't owe IU a g*d damn thing as he might say. If he decides he wants no "reconcilliation" then that's how it should be. If he is no longer of sound mind, nobody else should be trying to make that appear to happen to make themselves or anybody else feel better.

Just think what a circus it would be if he had decided to come back when he was in better health. As soon as word got out, his phone would be ringing off the hook with reporters wanting interviews and you know the main line of questioning would be about his firing. Can't really blame him for not wanting to have to deal with that.

Reactions: Radio Zero
You will need to ask ordfan, it was his post. But unless Danny has changed his all-knowing demeanor, he generally speaks in the all-knowing person.

You don’t know what he said but you know he was wrong. Got it. And you’re the self-proclaimed reasonable poster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT