ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know where any of the old timers are these days?

Wow...stalking me over on the WC. Why don't you post over there instead of just lurk? I promise I won't tell Grateful.
It‘s no better than this place, since there are few intelligent posters. Plus, it’s more fun to watch Cray, Mush and Massa take turns kicking you in the nuts. Must be tough to be bested by those guys on such a regular basis. Maybe more GIFs?

It‘s no better than this place, since there are few intelligent posters. Plus, it’s more fun to watch Cray, Mush and Massa take turns kicking you in the nuts. Must be tough to be bested by those guys on such a regular basis. Maybe more GIFs?
I should have known better than to invite you over. You are a renowned chickenshit on these boards, after all. That was most recently highlighted by how your big talking turned into placing your tail between your legs when GR invited you to tailgate.
Everyone is still laughing at that.

I should have known better than to invite you over. You are a renowned chickenshit on these boards, after all. That was most recently highlighted by how your big talking turned into placing your tail between your legs when GR invited you to tailgate.
Everyone is still laughing at that.
Nah, he was being an internet tough guy. I figured even someone like you could see through that. No wonder those guys take turns embarrassing you on the WC . . . It’s just that easy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Nah, he was being an internet tough guy. I figured even someone like you could see through that. No wonder those guys take turns embarrassing you on the WC . . . It’s just that easy.
No, you tried to be one, and he provided you with the personal info you asked for, but didn't think he would provide, to call your bluff. You promptly backtracked and put that tail between your legs like a whipped cur...all over an invitation to a beer at a tailgate.
Everyone is still laughing at you.

No, you tried to be one, and he provided you with the personal info you asked for, but didn't think he would provide, to call your bluff. You promptly backtracked and put that tail between your legs like a whipped cur...all over an invitation to a beer at a tailgate.
Everyone is still laughing at you.
Nah, he was just trying to be a tough guy. In truth, I didn’t even remember him as a poster, so seldom was he on the board (I had to look him up). His little stalking thing was so desperate and insecure that it made me feel a little bad for him. I kinda feel the same when you struggle so badly on the WC. You want to say anything of relevance, but you obviously can’t. I cringe, especially when you’re so lacking in self-awareness. Seems cruel, even when the guys nit shouting you are barely walking upright themselves. Like I said, it’s sad.

• Haha
Hoop Loops was their troll site where they intentionally posted outrageous stuff to rile up the old crowd. The Castle was their real site where they posted reasonably.
I did not know that.

Admittedly, I lurked hoop loops for entertainment because I couldn't believe the level of vile and spin.

Every now and then I made their list of targets but didn't see a millionth of the wrath that Bloom did.

I had no idea there was a castle site.

I used to enjoy arguing with Kasich when he made himself available to the star news board and then early peegs....but left and started hoop loops because (I assumed) he wanted an echo chamber instead of a debate platform.

I've been a participant on IU basketball boards since I first discovered them in the mid 90's (I think I was Thomas 96 or maybe Kingman10, I can't remember).

They were and are amazing. Loved that I could chat IUBB anytime I wanted by simply logging in.

However over the years these boards have been amazing sociology experiment to observe the different personality types and argument styles, the level of uncomfortable vitriol and mob mentality....that it's helped me in real life be a better communicator, I think, maybe.

I've laughed, I've learned, I've vented and I've been entertained for damn, 25 years or so?

That's pretty good utility from a majority free site.

I became Tommycracker around 2002 as I can't remember, maybe I couldn't remember my password for Thomas 96.

I'm Tommycracker pretty much on everything now. It's a nonsense word because I had to register for a Yahoo account back in 2002 to join a fantasy football draft and all of my entries were already taken. So I just started typing nonsense user names like tommytoe, tommytimmy and then tommycracker when, that got accepted.

Final comment, I'm really saddened by the deaths within our community. I know we're just anonymous names on our screens but to hear of users passing and then never seeing another post by them (like Snowden most recently) does hit me.

There was a poster around 2000ish that I spatted with before we figured out we were both guitar dudes. We'd have small conversations about playing, etc. I remember he sent me pics of a guitar we wanted to buy.

That changed the relationship. We still spatted but not at the same ferocity.

He passed away a short time after.

I can honestly say I've never blocked anyone (but I do miss thread view) and I do try my best (not perfect, I've been tilted more than I'd like to admit over the years) to refrain from personal insults, even when I'm saying that your post is the dumbest f#$king thing I've ever heard.

Lol

I recently made an offhand reference to Ordfan in a Water Cooler post (and it's wasn't a tag, either) and got a Like from Birnk.
He follows me so his phone dings every time I post and I usually see some sobbing response about a typo I made or something else within a minute or two. The room I take up in his little brain is amazing.

I've been a participant on IU basketball boards since I first discovered them in the mid 90's (I think I was Thomas 96 or maybe Kingman10, I can't remember).

They were and are amazing. Loved that I could chat IUBB anytime I wanted by simply logging in.

However over the years these boards have been amazing sociology experiment to observe the different personality types and argument styles, the level of uncomfortable vitriol and mob mentality....that it's helped me in real life be a better communicator, I think, maybe.

I've laughed, I've learned, I've vented and I've been entertained for damn, 25 years or so?

That's pretty good utility from a majority free site.

I became Tommycracker around 2002 as I can't remember, maybe I couldn't remember my password for Thomas 96.

I'm Tommycracker pretty much on everything now. It's a nonsense word because I had to register for a Yahoo account back in 2002 to join a fantasy football draft and all of my entries were already taken. So I just started typing nonsense user names like tommytoe, tommytimmy and then tommycracker when, that got accepted.

Final comment, I'm really saddened by the deaths within our community. I know we're just anonymous names on our screens but to hear of users passing and then never seeing another post by them (like Snowden most recently) does hit me.

There was a poster around 2000ish that I spatted with before we figured out we were both guitar dudes. We'd have small conversations about playing, etc. I remember he sent me pics of a guitar we wanted to buy.

That changed the relationship. We still spatted but not at the same ferocity.

He passed away a short time after.

I can honestly say I've never blocked anyone (but I do miss thread view) and I do try my best (not perfect, I've been tilted more than I'd like to admit over the years) to refrain from personal insults, even when I'm saying that your post is the dumbest f#$king thing I've ever heard.

Lol
My first experiences with this stuff was AOL fan postings the threads ran east to west on the screen as I recall. That was the wild wild west. This is my second screen name, I changed during the peegs days when the original courtsense (my close uncle) passed away.

Wasn't he the dude who said he controlled our free throw shooting with his mind or something.

I remember laughing as an obvious joke but then it turned out....he wasn't joking.
I don't know about him controlling FTs but i swear I could change the trajectory of a game by switching chairs or switching from Fisch to the TV sound or vice versa....:)

Reactions: TommyCracker
My first experiences with this stuff was AOL fan postings the threads ran east to west on the screen as I recall. That was the wild wild west. This is my second screen name, I changed during the peegs days when the original courtsense (my close uncle) passed away.
I didn't know there was an uncle Courtsense. Sorry for your loss.

What a cool way to honor him.

I didn't know there was an uncle Courtsense. Sorry for your loss.

What a cool way to honor him.
He was in a chair the last 20+ years of his life. Huge IU guy who lived with us and got me started into the on line IU forums. Loved toying with the PU posters and they followed and mentioned him even more than they do me on GBI.

Best story: one of the PU guys (Star/News days I think) wanted to "meet up" at the Bucket game in Btown to discuss what an "IU asshole" he was. Well, the dude actually shows up at the tailgate with two of his wing men wanting to see Courtsense. The look on those three turd's faces when that old man came lowering down on the lift from the side of the coach basically above their heads was absolutely priceless. We let them stammer and babble suddenly found niceness for about two minutes and then gave them whatever they wanted to eat and drink.

Does anyone remember the poster everyone made fun of on the Star News boards? His name was Longfellow or Longbottom, something like that. It was the only subject that IU and Purdue fans agreed on. Everyone clowned that poor guy.

Reactions: z_one
Does anyone remember the poster everyone made fun of on the Star News boards? His name was Longfellow or Longbottom, something like that. It was the only subject that IU and Purdue fans agreed on. Everyone clowned that poor guy.
Longbow ... nope. Longsomething. Longboat?

I’m gonna say Longball, but I don’t remember anything other than the name.
I suppose Longball was mostly forgettable. He certainly never posted anything interesting or original. The only thing memorable about him was the way posters like reggid completely humiliated him day after day after day, yet he would keep coming back for more. Courtsensetwo was right, those were the days.

That was him. Most though he was a PU fan pretending to be an IU fan simply to embarass IU fans. Like Lucy on the Cooler...a parody account.
That’s not something I would have ever guessed. So, he was like an evil genius. Is that your theory? Outstanding.

Do you remember AOL college hoops chatroom? those were great and always overran with UK and IU fans.

Do you remember AOL college hoops chatroom? those were great and always overran with UK and IU fans.
AOL was where I first got started. IIRC the threads ran east to west rather than north and south as they do today.. Yes IU and KY fans seemed to be the big groups but that may have been where we were habging out? AOL was a lot of trash talk and other outlets to follow offered good insightful fun chat and banter. Like to see us get back to that.

BTW does anyone remember a poster from the old Indy Star days who called himself Romeo? He was very entertaining and had the most elaborate imagination writing about his dates with Penthouse Pets and Playboy Playmates while he cruised around in his yachts and hobnobbed with the rich and famous.

Reactions: IUAlum
BTW does anyone remember a poster from the old Indy Star days who called himself Romeo? He was very entertaining and had the most elaborate imagination writing about his dates with Penthouse Pets and Playboy Playmates while he cruised around in his yachts and hobnobbed with the rich and famous.
I remember Romeo. He was a classic.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I remember Romeo. He was a classic.
I think someone tracked down where he was posting from and it was one of the largest law firms in Indianapolis, so as soon as that was revealed publicly Romeo no longer posted. I imagine his fantasy life was not what his senior partners were expecting him to focus on while at work. LOL.

I remember a spat between BigTimeIUFan and myself where he called me out and told me to meet him at Stellhorn Photo in Ft. Wayne, and gave the date and time. I don't live far from Ft. Wayne and I actually had a meeting in town that day so I showed. I thought all along that I'd just buy him a beer and we could BS the time away. BigTime didn't show. I'm sure he never expected me to show up and it was all internet BS anyway. He of course made all kinds of excuses, called me a stalker(even though he called me out). Stellhorn Photo made for a lot of laughs and insults going forward. I went in to Stellhorn photo and bought a package of film(I needed some) and got a receipt with the time and date on it. I wanted proof that I had been there. Looking back, who does such a stupid thing? Some of the crazy things we did on the Star News! We had a lot of fun on that crazy site. Hotdog
I was around in the Star days as well. I remember poster named Stoy, who claimed he played IU football at one point, also wanting to "line up" with people in person when he got mad at them.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
This is a fun thread. I was involved from the Star days, the Strom era and certainly Peegs. Met one fella for lunch and we had a delightful time. But, the all timer was my involvement with a down on his luck IU fanswho lived in a FHA project in Washington. He loved to listen to sports on his radio, but it could not pickup games from inside his apartment. I drove from WL to Washington, took him to lunch, gave him a new radio and we kept in touch for a while afterwards. Name escapes me and years are passing and many we cared about, regardless of their colors, have sailed on into the sunset. This fall marks my 74th year of live attendance at Purdue football. The first was a Notre Dame game in South Bend in 1947 and my Dad had a good friend whose son was a ND student and got the tickets. My favorite games were always those with Notre Dame and IU.

Last edited:
I was around in the Star days as well. I remember poster named Stoy, who claimed he played IU football at one point, also wanting to "line up" with people in person when he got mad at them.
Damn...another one i had forgotten about.

Pete Stoyanovich is not a man to be trifled with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT