ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know where any of the old timers are these days?

MD put all his $ on Bracey and his 28% 3 pt stroke.

I actually don't know what his 3 pt % was; I just know I watched him jack up and miss a lot of shots from everywhere.
I looked up the stats. He was a career 35% from 3. We where just used to 40% shooters.🤣

Arrus is dead! And Kref is dead!

Last I heard before I dried out, clubjockey was thinking about sending his kids to boarding school.

IUT hung around until about ‘15, then gave up. Sad.

And that’s about it.

Reactions: .Gerdis
All the greats are dead, and I don't feel so good myself.

I remember ordering a computer in pieces from a company with a cow logo.

First link was Intellicast weather.
Second Indy Star sports blog, where sexual retorts about mothers outweight substantibve posts about 5:1.
Then Bruce Strom.
Then Peegs well before the Knight firing.
(Hell, before that, Peegs would have golf outings! Try that today and it'd be a mostly-peaceful riot!)
After Knight got fired, it was an every-lemming-for-himself implosion. to the point that when Mike Davis said "I hate Kentucky" - PEOPLE COMPLAINED.

Those of us who had wandered the football abyss felt more at home in the hoops abyss than most, but the post-Knight era has been a bad roller coaster.

I'm pulling for this new bunch will all I have left.

Etcetnfibre, RMKFAN1, UKSUX and others?

This place/Peegs, even StarNews had so many quality posters with high BB IQs and writing skills. The boards were so much better than the trollsewer we have today. Even the PU posters were far better quality Boilers33 and others.

Many were chased away by our current thread trashing Ubertroll. Hope most are healthy and ready for a new start to IU basketball and Football.
I recall you and I having several interesting conversations on the old starnews forums. One about the cross burning in Mike Davis' yard. Those were the good old days with no holds barred. Some of my favorites are your discussions with Heller(God rest his soul). BigTimeIUFan, UKSUX, and many others. I especially enjoyed the competitions we held trashing each other to the ultimate faceoff. I don't post much anymore. I lurk and read both this site and the Purdue site and once in a while comment there. This is my first time commenting here. Hope you are enjoying the holiday and you still don't know shit about Purdue sports! :) Formerly Hotdog on Starnews

Last edited:
How did the IIBF. (Independent Indiana basketball forum???) fit in? IIRC I was hanging there until it morphed into Peegs?

Was that the Star forum that people refer to?

I remember a spat between BigTimeIUFan and myself where he called me out and told me to meet him at Stellhorn Photo in Ft. Wayne, and gave the date and time. I don't live far from Ft. Wayne and I actually had a meeting in town that day so I showed. I thought all along that I'd just buy him a beer and we could BS the time away. BigTime didn't show. I'm sure he never expected me to show up and it was all internet BS anyway. He of course made all kinds of excuses, called me a stalker(even though he called me out). Stellhorn Photo made for a lot of laughs and insults going forward. I went in to Stellhorn photo and bought a package of film(I needed some) and got a receipt with the time and date on it. I wanted proof that I had been there. Looking back, who does such a stupid thing? Some of the crazy things we did on the Star News! We had a lot of fun on that crazy site. Hotdog

I recall you and I having several interesting conversations on the old starnews forums. One about the cross burning in Mike Davis' yard. Those were the good old days with no holds barred. Some of my favorites are your discussions with Heller(God rest his soul). BigTimeIUFan, UKSUX, and many others. I especially enjoyed the competitions we held trashing each other to the ultimate faceoff. I don't post much anymore. I lurk and read both this site and the Purdue site and once in a while comment there. This is my first time commenting here. Hope you are enjoying the holiday and you still don't know shit about Purdue sports! :) Formerly
I remember a spat between BigTimeIUFan and myself where he called me out and told me to meet him at Stellhorn Photo in Ft. Wayne, and gave the date and time. I don't live far from Ft. Wayne and I actually had a meeting in town that day so I showed. I thought all along that I'd just buy him a beer and we could BS the time away. BigTime didn't show. I'm sure he never expected me to show up and it was all internet BS anyway. He of course made all kinds of excuses, called me a stalker(even though he called me out). Stellhorn Photo made for a lot of laughs and insults going forward. I went in to Stellhorn photo and bought a package of film(I needed some) and got a receipt with the time and date on it. I wanted proof that I had been there. Looking back, who does such a stupid thing? Some of the crazy things we did on the Star News! We had a lot of fun on that crazy site. Hotdog

I remember you from the Star News days. I don’t think you were ever a nemesis of mine back then, but I might be forgetting.

Reactions: z_one
In addition to what has been posted, I remember that Digger/Reggid used to piss a lot of people off. Wasn't there a poster whose real initials were J.S. who rented out an RMK billboard or something? I recall enjoying IUFLA's posts, as well as Hoosierdaddy's (I think). And no one could carpet bomb a message board with crazy shit like Laffy.
RIP Cooker

In addition to what has been posted, I remember that Digger/Reggid used to piss a lot of people off. Wasn't there a poster whose real initials were J.S. who rented out an RMK billboard or something? I recall enjoying IUFLA's posts, as well as Hoosierdaddy's (I think). And no one could carpet bomb a message board with crazy shit like Laffy.
RIP Cooker
You ENJOYED Hoosierd!ckhead’s posts?

All the greats are dead, and I don't feel so good myself.

I remember ordering a computer in pieces from a company with a cow logo.

First link was Intellicast weather.
Second Indy Star sports blog, where sexual retorts about mothers outweight substantibve posts about 5:1.
Then Bruce Strom.
Then Peegs well before the Knight firing.
(Hell, before that, Peegs would have golf outings! Try that today and it'd be a mostly-peaceful riot!)
After Knight got fired, it was an every-lemming-for-himself implosion. to the point that when Mike Davis said "I hate Kentucky" - PEOPLE COMPLAINED.

Those of us who had wandered the football abyss felt more at home in the hoops abyss than most, but the post-Knight era has been a bad roller coaster.

I'm pulling for this new bunch will all I have left.
Midwest Micro.

I was on the Star Forum as HoosierInJapan. Then I was HinK, for Hoosier in Kansas (US Army Command and General Staff College time). Then we moved to Hawaii and I became Aloha Hoosier. I’ve not bothered to change the name after moving a few times since Hawaii. I kept in touch with a lot of the posters from the beginning.

How did the IIBF. (Independent Indiana basketball forum???) fit in? IIRC I was hanging there until it morphed into Peegs?

Was that the Star forum that people refer to?
It was after Star forum. The Star turned into a cesspool.

Midwest Micro.

I was on the Star Forum as HoosierInJapan. Then I was HinK, for Hoosier in Kansas (US Army Command and General Staff College time). Then we moved to Hawaii and I became Aloha Hoosier. I’ve not bothered to change the name after moving a few times since Hawaii. I kept in touch with a lot of the posters from the beginning.
Your handle is deceptive, then. “Classy.”

I recall you and I having several interesting conversations on the old starnews forums. One about the cross burning in Mike Davis' yard. Those were the good old days with no holds barred. Some of my favorites are your discussions with Heller(God rest his soul). BigTimeIUFan, UKSUX, and many others. I especially enjoyed the competitions we held trashing each other to the ultimate faceoff. I don't post much anymore. I lurk and read both this site and the Purdue site and once in a while comment there. This is my first time commenting here. Hope you are enjoying the holiday and you still don't know shit about Purdue sports! :) Formerly Hotdog on Starnews
I do remember you indeed Hotdog. Glad you are still around. Come back, we need some PU fans with a cranium that isn't spongey here. The banter is literally kindergarten level these days.

I absolutely remember the Stellhorn Photo story. Good for you to show.

I don't reemember if someone actually burned a cross or that was just a made up story some, had. Either way Mike got some blowback he did not deserve. Gojko was the guy that sued IU. He was a grad, Ducati/Twindegrees was not.

Heller was hilarious (RIP)...remember the "forum idiot of the year award"? Spectacular story I will retell when I have more time and bourbon.

UKSUX and his patented "goat ropers" barb.

Remember Boilers33? 33, an older guy PU#1 (I think) and I met at the IU/PU game in mackey one year. 33 was a ball player and practiced against the Women's team back then.

Much better quality days than the mindless wannabe crap we see here today.

Stick around.

Wasn't he going to do a class action suit over the Knight firing? Claimed there was a bunch of skulduggery going on behind the scenes or some such.
Gojko Kasich...The Hebron Heffer. His ploy was the Sunshine Laws. It was quickly dismissed

Gojko, Ducati, and others made up the pro-Knight/Anti Davis site called Hoop Loops.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Hoop Loops’ password is “Clair Bee.”
Is it still a thing?

I got in there once and it was pretty shocking. One poster still here was a major contributor to what i witnessed. With the exception of Gojko, these were mostly Knight-o-philes and not IU grads. They trashed IU incessently after the firing.

Gojko Kasich...The Hebron Heffer. His ploy was the Sunshine Laws. It was quickly dismissed

Gojko, Ducati, and others made up the pro-Knight/Anti Davis site called Hoop Loops.
I know about Gojko, but thought WiscHoosier claimed he had some dirt or something.

Is it still a thing?

I got in there once and it was pretty shocking. One poster still here was a major contributor to what i witnessed. With the exception of Gojko, these were mostly Knight-o-philes and not IU grads. They trashed IU incessently after the firing.
No idea if it’s still around. I used to go over and read their stuff. Nasty bunch, but it was kind of a “can’t look away” experience for me.

I ought to search it up on the Wayback Machine.

No idea if it’s still around. I used to go over and read their stuff. Nasty bunch, but it was kind of a “can’t look away” experience for me.

Please do. The lineup of contributors would be interesting to review.

Please do. The lineup of contributors would be interesting to review.
Unfortunately, I came up empty. A search for “Hoop Loops” brought up sites dedicated to J-Pop and Midsouth Chemical, and the actual address was strange and difficult to remember and has long since escaped me, having been replaced by a bunch of useless facts about early 70’s Beach Boys LP’s. And I wonder if the site was too obscure to even be found and catalogued.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Unfortunately, I came up empty. A search for “Hoop Loops” brought up sites dedicated to J-Pop and Midsouth Chemical, and the actual address was strange and difficult to remember and has long since escaped me, having been replaced by a bunch of useless facts about early 70’s Beach Boys LP’s. And I wonder if the site was too obscure to even be found and catalogued.
I don't think that was it's official name.

Please do. One frequent poster here has admitted that he was a somewhat regular contributor. Nasty is an understatement. Same poster was booted from the Purdue board for expressing similar sentiments.

Reactions: Lucy01
Hoop Loops was their troll site where they intentionally posted outrageous stuff to rile up the old crowd. The Castle was their real site where they posted reasonably.
This is the funniest thing I have ever read. To have been a fly on the wall during that meeting.

G: We need to defend RMK and ourselves against these unfair attacks!
Du: And the no good backstabbing traitors!
De: But how?
G: I know. We’ll start a semi-private message board where we can post our most vile racist thoughts! That will prove to the world that RMK was treated unfairly.

Reactions: TommyCracker
No I don't recall having an issue with you. I got along with most posters on both sides of the aisle. I had a few that were always wanting to battle, but most were decent and just wanted to discuss sports and sometimes differing points of view.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Please do. One frequent poster here has admitted that he was a somewhat regular contributor. Nasty is an understatement. Same poster was booted from the Purdue board for expressing similar sentiments.

The wayback has some HL snapshots, but they are not easy to find. I looked them up once to hold a mirror to Ducati.

The wayback has some HL snapshots, but they are not easy to find. I looked them up once to hold a mirror to Ducati.
Let me know if you can find any or how to look. Have a mirror or two to hold up as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT