ADVERTISEMENT

Another war imminent…

Religious and/or US v Russia?

Armenia is Christian and Azerbaijan is muslim.

The first half of the 20th century can seem like ancient history, but it's really not. Thinking about all of the atrocities during that time period is quite sobering.

At the same time, the level of human progress since that period - or hell, even since the Pol Pot, Pinochet days, is pretty incredible.

This stuff used to happen far more regularly and I don't even want to look back into the 1800s and before because it undoubtedly gets worse.

At the same time, the level of human progress since that period - or hell, even since the Pol Pot, Pinochet days, is pretty incredible.

This stuff used to happen far more regularly and I don't even want to look back into the 1800s and before because it undoubtedly gets worse.
I've mentioned it here before. I knew 6 of my 8 great-grandparents, all born around the turn of the century. I always marveled at how much they saw in their lifetime and looking back now, how much they had no idea about because information could be controlled.

Reactions: Spartans9312
“. . . At least it’s an ethos.”
CdzVld9.jpg

The post you responded to said "all atrocities". The poster didn't specify the Armenian genocide. Don't be obtuse.

You should have quoted the one that actually mentioned the Armenian genocide with your stupid drive by comment.
So I have to reply directly, or you can't follow along? Got it.

The post you responded to said "all atrocities". The poster didn't specify the Armenian genocide. Don't be obtuse.

You should have quoted the one that actually mentioned the Armenian genocide with your stupid drive by comment.

I guess I'll have to do this in crayon so you can follow along...

And Armenian genocide by the Ottoman Turks 100 years ago hasn't been forgotten.

The first half of the 20th century can seem like ancient history, but it's really not. Thinking about all of the atrocities during that time period is quite sobering.
Religion is awesome.

Zeph, I'll spoon-feed you next time.

Tensions are at an all time high

This isn't going to lead anywhere. Apparently the Iranians are killing Balochi separatists who happen to be in Pakistan, and in response, Pakistan will kill other Balochi separatists who happen to be in Iran. Both sides are happy they get to kill these people. It would be like Syria and Turkey taking turns attacking each other's Kurdish populations.

Both sides are happy they get to kill these people. It would be like Syria and Turkey taking turns attacking each other's Kurdish populations.
I think that summarizes it pretty well. It's like a game.... you kill some people now it's my turn and on and on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT