ADVERTISEMENT

Another school shooting

It is incredible how our schools are a magnet. I won’t reveal which but a few years back long after I graduated an incident finally caught up to my HS. When I attended it never once crossed my mind that it could happen. Sad and scary.
My sister teaches at a sleepy Rochester NY high school (Canandaigua) and she had an active shooter that threatened but didn't kill anyone so it didn't make national news.

The principal was able to talk to the boy then he knocked him out ...but still.

She used to love being a teacher (BNL valedictorian, double engineering degree from Purdue, ten years at Cannon but got her teaching license when she had her two kids....took a massive pay cut but in her words it was much more rewarding than designing copiers) but she wants the F out, ASAP.

If I recall she had to turn off the lights and duck until she was told it was safe....which was obviously terrifying.

I thought I read there was a girl at MSU who was near the center of this years shooting that had an active shooter in her HS last year. That's pretty numbing, and stupid, but 'Merica.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
listen, this person shot their way into a school. I don’t think schools can collectively have enough safety measures in place to deal with psychos.

This woman/man was on a mission to kill and took three innocent nine year olds on top of three adults. Her parents need to be executed. It’s the only way.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
He’s not REALLY gay tho

its-so-hard-to-tell-difficult-to-say.gif

I wonder if they all have those smug smiles right now.

i have zero doubt the adults absolutely do.

conservatives aren't concerned in the slightest about bad things that happen to others, other than "too bad for them".

and obsessed only with themselves. and i mean OBSESSED.

it's literally the primary distinguishing characteristic between conservatives and liberals.

as for the kids, that pic could come back to haunt them someday.

if so, mom and dad no doubt will think, "too bad for them".

Super nice way to talk about a survivor of gun violence. You going to call him an it because he’s gay? SMH I suppose he’s not normal?
Being around a tragedy doesn't give you immunity from criticism for life. He is an ass. I didn't know the guy was gay (or care). I would call him an it if he put on a dress and called himself Sally.

And he is a totally normal progressive activist, do with that as you will.

Reactions: 76-1
i have zero doubt the adults absolutely do.

conservatives aren't concerned in the slightest about bad things that happen to others, other than "too bad for them".

and obsessed only with themselves. and i mean OBSESSED.

it's literally the primary distinguishing characteristic between conservatives and liberals.

as for the kids, that pic could come back to haunt them someday.

if so, mom and dad no doubt will think, "too bad for them".
**** off. You want to talk about obsessed with themselves, look at all the "progressive" movements and their singular focus on the one attribute of theirs they make political. We were a just fine country with all sorts of guns and then you asshole liberals destroyed the culture and now we have this shithole we get to live in. And the majority of the people that have turned this place into a shithole are liberals, living in liberal areas, wholly concerned about what they can do for themselves. They can't help it, it is just how you assholes are.

We were a just fine country with all sorts of guns and then you asshole liberals destroyed the culture and now we have this shithole we get to live in. And the majority of the people that have turned this place into a shithole are liberals, living in liberal areas, wholly concerned about what they can do for themselves.

When people ask "What does MAGA really mean?", this is it.

Divert 50 billion of defense funding annually to the states -- 1 billion per state. Design a gun buyback program that funnels the money from Fed to state to local jurisdictions where the buyback events will be conducted at police or sheriff departments, for example.

Standardize the infrastructure, data collection, and reporting process so that every jurisdiction has clear direction and expectation for deploying and managing the process and reporting results. Pay $1000 to $2000 per firearm - or more than the purchase or street value of most firearms -- to incentivize the turn-in of guns. Make the process anonymous, with no questions asked to the owners. Create a stolen firearm database and track the serial numbers of firearms surrendered thru buyback against the stolen S/N database.

Build or retrofit existing facilities regionally that will be collection and destruction centers. Staff the facilities with good paying jobs. Prevent the destructed materials from being sent anywhere OUS; recycle and reuse IUS only. Quarterly facility audits will be required by the ATF or similar red tape agency to help ensure destruction and funding remains above board. Then figure out how to prevent firearm industry and entrepreneurs from taking advantage of the program and funding. Tax firearm purchases at a greatly increased rate to help create sustained program funding long-term.

Report on measures of effectiveness annually, and make next long-term funding decision at year 8 of the program. Assuming 50% of the funding is truly devoted to actual firearm buyback, that comes to 25MM firearms purchased at $1000/unit on the high side to 12.5MM firearms purchased at $2000/unit annually. Initial 2-3 years would be needed to setup the program, infrastructure, staffing, and facilities. Years 4-8 would commence buyback, with potential 62.5MM guns or more pulled from circulation over 5 year period.

Divert 50 billion of defense funding annually to the states -- 1 billion per state. Design a gun buyback program that funnels the money from Fed to state to local jurisdictions where the buyback events will be conducted at police or sheriff departments, for example.

Standardize the infrastructure, data collection, and reporting process so that every jurisdiction has clear direction and expectation for deploying and managing the process and reporting results. Pay $1000 to $2000 per firearm - or more than the purchase or street value of most firearms -- to incentivize the turn-in of guns. Make the process anonymous, with no questions asked to the owners. Create a stolen firearm database and track the serial numbers of firearms surrendered thru buyback against the stolen S/N database.

Build or retrofit existing facilities regionally that will be collection and destruction centers. Staff the facilities with good paying jobs. Prevent the destructed materials from being sent anywhere OUS; recycle and reuse IUS only. Quarterly facility audits will be required by the ATF or similar red tape agency to help ensure destruction and funding remains above board. Then figure out how to prevent firearm industry and entrepreneurs from taking advantage of the program and funding. Tax firearm purchases at a greatly increased rate to help create sustained program funding long-term.

Report on measures of effectiveness annually, and make next long-term funding decision at year 8 of the program. Assuming 50% of the funding is truly devoted to actual firearm buyback, that comes to 25MM firearms purchased at $1000/unit on the high side to 12.5MM firearms purchased at $2000/unit annually. Initial 2-3 years would be needed to setup the program, infrastructure, staffing, and facilities. Years 4-8 would commence buyback, with potential 62.5MM guns or more pulled from circulation over 5 year period.

That's a nice idea. What country do you live in again?

Gasp....is that young child holding a BOOK?? That is the most dangerous object in the family photo....
Actually, it's the real pine garland wrapped on the railing of those all wood steps. Coming down those stairs in socks is bad enough, can you imagine dried pine needles just waiting to murk you?

That's a nice idea. What country do you live in again?
To be fair, better than most business plans these days.

Good stuff

Maybe so.

But if you’re asking me who is more likely to be contributing, social conservatives or we transition children, men can get pregnant progressive liberals, the answer there is clear.
Oh my god duh. THEYRE FREAKIN WOKE!!!!!

Maybe so.

But if you’re asking me who is more likely to be contributing, social conservatives or we transition children, men can get pregnant progressive liberals, the answer there is clear.
Just b/c you agree with one side doesn't mean that side isn't "contibuting".

Reactions: IU_Hickory
**** off. You want to talk about obsessed with themselves, look at all the "progressive" movements and their singular focus on the one attribute of theirs they make political. We were a just fine country with all sorts of guns and then you asshole liberals destroyed the culture and now we have this shithole we get to live in. And the majority of the people that have turned this place into a shithole are liberals, living in liberal areas, wholly concerned about what they can do for themselves. They can't help it, it is just how you assholes are.

His post overgeneralized. So instead of pointing out the flaws in his post, you decide to make one that is worse?

yea ok. Nice strategy there cotton.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I've noticed my side has been conspicuously quiet relative to the race/gender of Audrey Hale. So afraid we are to call a trans person mentally ill.

We'll do back flips to avoid it. Tragic.
Please listen to me. Please. The Wokees started shaming us. Then they started shouting at us. Now they are shooting at us!!!!!

I've noticed my side has been conspicuously quiet relative to the race/gender of Audrey Hale. So afraid we are to call a trans person mentally ill.

We'll do back flips to avoid it. Tragic.
Armageddon son. We’re on the cusp of a tranny apocalypse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT