ADVERTISEMENT

Another in a season of disappointments

iujumbo

Freshman
Dec 6, 2004
Another decent opponent in a big spot and another small performance by the Hoosiers.

Same story, different day. After a week of talk about how ‘ticked’ they were at the way the regular season ended, the boys came out. ... and did pretty much the exact same things they’ve done the last month.

Making the postseason is nice and all, but limping into the tournament without a chance to make noise with a consensus preseason top 25 team is a disappointment.

It is. I just can't figure out why they can't fix the things that have killed them all season long. Bad base running. Terrible bunting. No situational hitting awareness with an unbelievable number of strikeouts. Questionable defensive positioning at times. Poor defense at exactly the worst possible time. And on it goes.

My biggest concern is I don't think we lack upper level talent. Maybe I'm wrong. Pretty sure there's a dude lurking around here that'll tell me I am.

Another decent opponent in a big spot and another small performance by the Hoosiers.

Same story, different day. After a week of talk about how ‘ticked’ they were at the way the regular season ended, the boys came out. ... and did pretty much the exact same things they’ve done the last month.

Making the postseason is nice and all, but limping into the tournament without a chance to make noise with a consensus preseason top 25 team is a disappointment.
Three of our seven all time tourney appearances have come in the past four years. We’re currently up 6-0. Chill.

I don’t know when our fans became such elitists when it came to baseball, but it’s incredibly obnoxious. There are other good teams out there. Of course, this is the same fan base that has multiple people pining for a coach that just had two straight 23 win seasons at a powerhouse with a ton of talent.

Reactions: vslice2bad
We’re currently up 6-0. Nothing to say today?
Yeah, I’ve got plenty to say but I was going to wait until the whole season played out but your “tough guy” condescending post got my attention.
I root for this team every day. I want them to succeed. If I think improvements can be made, mistakes are being made or changes can/should be made, that doesn’t make me less of a fan than you or or worthy of your snide comments. I could accuse you and others of wanting to give orange slices, hugs and buying the kids ice cream after every game no matter the outcome. By the way, you were pretty scarce around here while we were losing. What, nothing to say then? See how easy that was.
My opinion, which is as valid as yours. This team is on a gradual regression as I said at the end of last year. Same mistakes and problems- just less talent each year to cover it.
We are a couple of years max from Sembower2 where it is a family and friends crowd and the program is only marginally relevant.
5th or 6th in conference and 1 win in the tournament is not progress.
I pine for a program that came from a glorified high school situation to an Omaha appearance. No matter who runs it.
I pine for a regime who addresses the same problems in existence for 3 years.
I feel this program is gradually sliding downward. You don’t agree. Opinions vary. I hope we win the regional. I honestly think you would get more joy out of coming on here and flexing your attitude versus enjoying the game.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Orbit7958 and Supra
Yeah, I’ve got plenty to say but I was going to wait until the whole season played out but your “tough guy” condescending post got my attention.
I root for this team every day. I want them to succeed. If I think improvements can be made, mistakes are being made or changes can/should be made, that doesn’t make me less of a fan than you or or worthy of your snide comments. I could accuse you and others of wanting to give orange slices, hugs and buying the kids ice cream after every game no matter the outcome. By the way, you were pretty scarce around here while we were losing. What, nothing to say then? See how easy that was.
My opinion, which is as valid as yours. This team is on a gradual regression as I said at the end of last year. Same mistakes and problems- just less talent each year to cover it.
We are a couple of years max from Sembower2 where it is a family and friends crowd and the program is only marginally relevant.
5th or 6th in conference and 1 win in the tournament is not progress.
I pine for a program that came from a glorified high school situation to an Omaha appearance. No matter who runs it.
I pine for a regime who addresses the same problems in existence for 3 years.
I feel this program is gradually sliding downward. You don’t agree. Opinions vary. I hope we win the regional. I honestly think you would get more joy out of coming on here and flexing your attitude versus enjoying the game.
Go Hoosiers!
But you're not paid to shill for F. Glass.
That's the very, very important difference.
Got it yet?

Reactions: Orbit7958
But you're not paid to shill for F. Glass.
That's the very, very important difference.
Got it yet?
BTW- tip of the cap to Pauly Milto
Great game. Especially at a crucial time
Great way for a senior leader to go out IF that’s his last, let’s hope it’s not. Likely our most consistent arm start to finish this year when healthy

Reactions: mk23
At least we didn’t pull a Florida State and lose twice at home to get eliminated.

That’s disappointment.

I saw the end of their second game. It was at home but there were few people there. They must have had a long rain delay.....

Anyway, there 2 ahead in the bottom of the 9th, and the Miss. St. hitter had an 0-2 count. After a waste pitch, the guy hits a 3 run HR to win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT