ADVERTISEMENT

Last time IU made 3 NCAA's in a row 06-08

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
and we fired 2 coaches in that span.

With any luck, IU will be in 3 years in a row, and be in the best spot it has been in since Knight. To win the big one, you got to get there every year. Hell, at this point, I think most IU fans would treat a final 4 almost the same as a championship in the 80s. Been awhile boys.

Woodson has the program in a great place. It is marquee destination for NBA prospects from all over the country. We got a Duke decomit to sign with us over Kansas. Just think about the possibilities of that situation happening with Archie for a second. We have came a long long way in 2 short years.

Looking forward to the season and talking about what seed we will be for the foreseeable future. That is all for Hump day.

and we fired 2 coaches in that span.

With any luck, IU will be in 3 years in a row, and be in the best spot it has been in since Knight. To win the big one, you got to get there every year. Hell, at this point, I think most IU fans would treat a final 4 almost the same as a championship in the 80s. Been awhile boys.

Woodson has the program in a great place. It is marquee destination for NBA prospects from all over the country. We got a Duke decomit to sign with us over Kansas. Just think about the possibilities of that situation happening with Archie for a second. We have came a long long way in 2 short years.

Looking forward to the season and talking about what seed we will be for the foreseeable future. That is all for Hump day.
It looks and feels like Woody has re established IU's floor as a bubble team. That is a marked improvement from Archie, and even Crean.

I think to further raise our floor to solid at large, and then B10 contenders, we'll need to see some big improvement in how consistent his players play at a high level. Final Fours and Natty level teams will come and go based on the specific players and their talent levels. But we'll never get back to that even being a possibility if Woody can't figure out how to help/make them be more consistently good.

Ah, the coveted Glengarry leads…Always Be Closing. Alex Baldwin is the reason I stayed away from sales.
Good call on your part. I made the career choice before I saw the movie. Making a lot of money, but living in unrelentless stress. Doubt I ever make it to see 70.

They’re out there, waiting to give you their money. Are you going to take it?

Are you MAN enough to take it?

The look Jack Lemmon gives him when he says that is perfect. Wants to reach down his throat and rip out his heart. Yet is powerless to even say a word.

Good call on your part. I made the career choice before I saw the movie. Making a lot of money, but living in unrelentless stress. Doubt I ever make it to see 70.

They’re out there, waiting to give you their money. Are you going to take it?

Are you MAN enough to take it?

The look Jack Lemmon gives him when he says that is perfect. Wants to reach down his throat and rip out his heart. Yet is powerless to even say a word.
I still get nervous watching that scene. We’ve all been there in one form or another to some degree, more or less…the stress of fulfilling expectations, whether real or imagined, yours or someone else’s. As if the salesmen couldn’t feel any more miserable after that abusive verbal beatdown, it’s pouring down rain and the lousy night intensifies their woes. I bet there’s not a salesman out there who doesn’t know that scene. Hell, it’s probably mandatory viewing in Salesmanship 101 over there at Kelley.

A salesman once told me, “We’re all in sales!” Indeed we are and some have to do more advertising than others to win people over to their side of the persuasion. These aren’t the natural born, gifted in gab, no flab below chiseled chin and pearly whites, types. I’m talking about the true road warriors of sales. The thick-skinned, bandaged brothers who keep getting bounced around, hoping for a lucky break, just like everyone else who ever lived.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT