ADVERTISEMENT

IU continues to make a move in the polls...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Of what you would consider the major college baseball polls, only D1Baseball has IU somewhere outside the top 25 since there are no "others receiving votes" with that poll. IU made the Baseball America and USA Today Coaches polls for the first time this week. Sweeping a Q4 team in Ohio certainly wasn't going shake up the college baseball world, but the win over Louisville last week helped quite a bit. IU gets a big chance to make another move in the polls this week with a game against a Q2 opponent on Tues at Ball State, and then the home series against Maryland which is also a high Q2 opponent.

IU moved from 20th to 15th in the Perfect Game poll:

IU was 25th in the Baseball America poll:

IU remained at 23rd in the Collegiate Baseball News poll:

IU was 25th in the coaches poll:

Reactions: hookyIU1990
D1 doesn’t trust us yet which is fine. I’d prefer to be under the radar but would think a series win vs md would do the trick. Mercer has said mentality is every game is a playoff game which I like… doesn’t mean we’ll win out or be perfect. Folks can analyze decisions made but can’t argue against a 5-0 week or 30-11 record at this point. He’s spent the season sorting out 8-10 key pitchers and seems we’re closing in

Reactions: rcaulfie
D1 doesn’t trust us yet which is fine. I’d prefer to be under the radar but would think a series win vs md would do the trick. Mercer has said mentality is every game is a playoff game which I like… doesn’t mean we’ll win out or be perfect. Folks can analyze decisions made but can’t argue against a 5-0 week or 30-11 record at this point. He’s spent the season sorting out 8-10 key pitchers and seems we’re closing in
Here's a short quote from Kendall Rogers, the head guy at D1Baseball, on IU's exclusion from their poll and also a quick comment about hosting a regional:

"Indiana was in the mix with about 8 or 9 different teams. It was a really tough week to debate the four new teams in the rankings. As for hosting, there’s a possibility both Indiana and Indiana State host, but I wouldn’t count on it. One of those two teams will fall down the pecking order at some point, IMO."

Reactions: Orford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT