ADVERTISEMENT

Alright Lawyers...Assemble!

Some attorney were such fiends they'd demand we overnight it. I realized later it was the fastest way for them to get rid of the client.

Realizing that made me never overnight a check again.

Damn, I miss the game.

Last story, attorney in CT with the last name Romania. Except he'd get pissed if you called him the country. He'd correct you and say "It's RO MAIN YA".

He called another adjuster a "claims terrorist". He was a bit unhinged.
And you guys had all the power. You were behind the curtain and could see how many demands were sent. You have thousands of cases and maybe half a dozen guys to go to court 95 percent had to settle presuit

Reactions: larsIU
That is hilarious!! I’d make them overnight it a lot. I remember when State Farm turned to teams. You had an adjuster. One guy. Who’d call you back in an hour then all of the sudden they converted to teams and no one would return a call. Team 15. F*uck!!!!!!!
At one point we were top five in the city for the number of files we had. Animals. There were no words for how much I got to hate it.
And we had stupid shit like this case in the thread. I had a case where a lady bought a four year old expired pie and got sick and went to the hospital. She had the receipt. This pig ate the whole pie in one sitting!! No one is filing that. But it’s worth something

And we had stupid shit like this case in the thread. I had a case where a lady bought a four year old expired pie and got sick and went to the hospital. She had the receipt. This pig ate the whole pie in one sitting!! No one is filing that. But it’s worth something
I’m choking laughing at this

And you guys had all the power. You were behind the curtain and could see how many demands were sent. You have thousands of cases and maybe half a dozen guys to go to court 95 percent had to settle presuit
The stalling and slow playing were baked in. And, it worked most of the time.

I mean, if I got a claim where some drunk insured hit a kid on a bike and broke the kid's leg, I'm not f*cking around. That's getting settled.

Step 1 - confirm coverage (hoping it had cancelled)
Step 2 - check limits (please be 100k or under so I can just pay them)

CT was the best. No PIP. No 3rd party bad faith. And the best part was I never handled NY (where 1/2 the CT folks had their accidents anyway). CT is the wild wild west.

Now, MA on the other hand is a dumpster fire. A cesspool of unimaginable proportions at least as it relates to tort law. They have 3rd party bad faith on the books. Ticking time bombs like "Time Limit Demands". Attorneys would send over demand via snail mail and you'd have 10 days from the date of receipt. Our processing center was in Los Angeles and they'd take 3 days to get shit into the system. Then you'd get a nofitication of a new demand along with 100 other notifications and if you missed it you could be on the hook for treble damages. Such bullshit.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
The stalling and slow playing were baked in. And, it worked most of the time.

I mean, if I got a claim where some drunk insured hit a kid on a bike and broke the kid's leg, I'm not f*cking around. That's getting settled.

Step 1 - confirm coverage (hoping it had cancelled)
Step 2 - check limits (please be 100k or under so I can just pay them)

CT was the best. No PIP. No 3rd party bad faith. And the best part was I never handled NY (where 1/2 the CT folks had their accidents anyway). CT is the wild wild west.

Now, MA on the other hand is a dumpster fire. A cesspool of unimaginable proportions at least as it relates to tort law. They have 3rd party bad faith on the books. Ticking time bombs like "Time Limit Demands". Attorneys would send over demand via snail mail and you'd have 10 days from the date of receipt. Our processing center was in Los Angeles and they'd take 3 days to get shit into the system. Then you'd get a nofitication of a new demand along with 100 other notifications and if you missed it you could be on the hook for treble damages. Such bullshit.
Wow wow wow that is crazy. I liked pip. It separated the soft tissue bs

Wow wow wow that is crazy. I liked pip. It separated the soft tissue bs
CT used to be a place attorneys could thrive. Now, there's too many of them. There are whole jurisdictions in that state where we would NEVER (and I mean NEVER) go to trial.

CT used to be a place attorneys could thrive. Now, there's too many of them. There are whole jurisdictions in that state where we would NEVER (and I mean NEVER) go to trial.
There are too many lawyers everywhere. When I started in south Fla my boss said there were 5,000 lawyers in the state when he started. When I got there there were over 100,000. Add that to advertising and it’s an ugly biz in the pi and criminal world. Crim advertises like crazy too

Last edited:
What’s really a game is comp. They convert your body to a meat chart and ascribe a value to each piece lmao

Who's going to win this case? My guess is the plaintiff, even though he's a moron.

I think I would publicly announce that because of Philip White and the Clarkson Law firm in LA, Texas Pete will move all operations to Texas, along with all the jobs. I would say that anyone in NC upset should contact Clarkson Law to voice their displeasure. And release any public records about Mr. White in order for residents to voice their displeasure.

Thanks god I never had to deal with it.
My partner in our business now used to get all the injured Chrysler workers. Twice a year he’d go to the division with a pile of 50 plus cases. Come back to the office with a big stack of checks. Christmas came twice a year. 2010ish he went down there like a kid on Xmas eve and Chrysler’s lawyer handed him a bankruptcy stay. I’ll never forget his face when he got back.
Not long later they had a sign. Five Million Sq Feet for lease lol where the plant used to be. That hurt

• Sad
Reactions: larsIU
LMAO. court was the only part of law i liked. and i liked that part a lot. court and depos. and hearings in chambers. i liked most of the judges quite a bit. they were largely just down to earth people who were burned out lawyers and sick of whatever their station was in law. the clients. discovery. the paperwork was horrible. doing the actual day to day work was horrible. and no offense to lars but i got where i hated most of the adjusters too. i'd lose my temper real bad with them. so i talked my partners into a get rich scheme that hasn't made us rich
Gonna have to start calling you IGW II. 🤣

I’d spend $100,000 to drive the settlement down to $10,000 and feed the “we did nothing wrong” beast.
My county commissioner clients were always more concerned about potholes on a constituent’s street than a 7 figure claim about excessive force. They always told me “ do what you think is best”.

This sounds phony to me. Would a California resident really say this about Texas?

The complaint alleges the makers knowingly "capitalized on consumers" desire to partake in the culture and authentic cuisine of one of the most prideful states in America."

There's a long list of sushi restaurants that I could sue over their so-called "California Rolls" so.... who here wants to take my case?
You could have an even bigger payday if you went after French Fries, French Dressing, and Belgian Waffles.

And where IS Canadian Bacon really made?

Oh, and don't sleep on Texas Toast.

Well no. Those are made on the moon.

Right?

Wait, are you telling me I've not been eating part of the moon after all?!?!?!
You never made it to a cook-out at Neil Armstrong’s place in Indian Hill?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT