ADVERTISEMENT

Alford Note

Yeah, but there are are just as many, if not more, super donors who want Alford.

So the ones backing Donovan better not get too big of heads before he signs....
they are putting some serious skin in the game for the betterment of Indiana basketball.....that kind of sacrifice and support is irreplaceable......and needed to get this done. Its the kind of thing that UNC did to get Roy...and Kentucky to get Cal.....Hell, how long have we been lamenting for a top notch coach? Its happening folks....embrace it....

Reactions: brianiu
What affect will Bob Knight have on Alford IF Alford is made an offer by IU?

I ask because Knight still harbors deep resentment at the "school" IU is--though he says the fans are the best. Told Dan Patrick last week he has no intention to step foot on the IU campus again.

We also know Alford lives and breaths to this day on every word of Knight.

Would Alford take the IU job knowing Knight would likely not be happy?

you are establishing a rep of a naysayer...can you offer some input of your own?...or is simply challenging other posters sufficient?
Calling out bs when I see it makes me a naysayer? Lots of IU fans, including Fred Glass, talk a lot. The inside source predictors are a prime example.

Calling out bs when I see it makes me a naysayer? Lots of IU fans, including Fred Glass, talk a lot. The inside source predictors are a prime example.
What makes your calls of BS any more reliable than there predictions? You are doing the same thing as them, the difference being that you are being a contrarian

they are putting some serious skin in the game for the betterment of Indiana basketball.....that kind of sacrifice and support is irreplaceable......and needed to get this done. Its the kind of thing that UNC did to get Roy...and Kentucky to get Cal.....Hell, how long have we been lamenting for a top notch coach? Its happening folks....embrace it....

Oh, Sweet Jesus.

Are you being stupid on purpose?

I have NO PROBLEM with the big boosters "being excited" and "wanting to have a say."

I'm saying there are OTHER big boosters who LOVE Alford. So these guys who are acting like they are running everything who want Donovan better watch it before they make the wrong people mad and make Alford the front-runner because of their arrogance.

Oh, Sweet Jesus.

I have NO PROBLEM with the big boosters "being excited" and "wanting to have a say."

I'm saying there are OTHER big boosters who LOVE Alford. So these guys who are acting like they are running everything who want Donovan better watch it before they make the wrong people mad and make Alford the front-runner because of their arrogance.
you also said something about Donovan supporters had better not get big heads.....why would that happen?

what bs? can you verify? Fred Glass talks alot? Seems to me fans were on edge because he was in hiding for so long....until the presser....Sorry...I'm still seeing a naysayer

This probably isn't Earth shattering, but Alford has made it known to certain people that he would take the IU job if offered.

As I've mentioned several times, there are a couple very influential people lobbying for Alford. Not saying he's the next coach but Alford would take it if offered, and he's definitely going to be considered by the administration. I don't think he's the top choice at the moment but the interest is definitely mutual.

On a side note, no one seems to know about Donovan. I don't think he's given an answer one way or the other.
My ole daddy once said never do business with family" I NEVER HAVE AND ITS AMAZES ME HOW WELL WE GET ALONG"

Serious question...would your opinion change if UCLA makes a deep run this year? By deep run I mean Final Four or better.
I'm skeptical about Alford and a deep run wouldn't change my mind. I calculated a couple days ago that UCLA gave up more than 70 points per game in the regular season this year.

Anyone know a better stat that'll indicate how well Alford teams play defense?

It's time for IU fans to get on board the Billy D train...
How does an NBA coach jump to college when the NBA playoffs don't even begin until April 15?

OKC is surely gonna be in the playoffs, so Donovan could easily be busy with OKC until May 1 or later. How can he do that and still recruit, hire asst. coaches etc. for us (if that turns out to be the case)? I'm sure there's a way, but couldn't see how Donovan could be in two places at once. Maybe I'm assuming a college coach has more to do in May/June than is actually the case.

Oh, Sweet Jesus.

You know how I know Donovan is the right guy for IU to hire? Because he's the one that other schools are scared $#!tless we're going to hire. It was like when UK fired BCG and I was thinking "anyone but Calipari". He was the last person I wanted UK to hire. I'm pretty sure he was the last person anyone who wasn't a UK fan wanted them to hire. A guy who could recruit and coach like Calipari with the UK brand/name behind him, forget it. I knew I was going to have to watch UK go to the FF about every other year and eventually win another title. Us hiring Alford only scares IU fans.

How does an NBA coach jump to college when the NBA playoffs don't even begin until April 15?

OKC is surely gonna be in the playoffs, so Donovan could easily be busy with OKC until May 1 or later. How can he do that and still recruit, hire asst. coaches etc. for us (if that turns out to be the case)? I'm sure there's a way, but couldn't see how Donovan could be in two places at once. Maybe I'm assuming a college coach has more to do in May/June than is actually the case.

I'd love to see the new coach keep Chuck Martin. Dude actually seems like he knows what he's talking about and is a great recruiter with excellent ties on the east coast.

You know how I know Donovan is the right guy for IU to hire? Because he's the one that other schools are scared $#!tless we're going to hire. It was like when UK fired BCG and I was thinking "anyone but Calipari". He was the last person I wanted UK to hire. I'm pretty sure he was the last person anyone who wasn't a UK fan wanted them to hire. A guy who could recruit and coach like Calipari with the UK brand/name behind him, forget it. I knew I was going to have to watch UK go to the FF about every other year and eventually win another title. Us hiring Alford only scares IU fans.

Egg-zactly.

Please list my coach predictions and the sources I have claimed.
When you tell someone else that they don't know crap you are implying that you know something. How else could you know that hey are wrong if you don't know the truth?

they might be pretending to have inside info, and you are pretending that you know definitively that they don't.

When you tell someone else that they don't know crap you are implying that you know something. How else could you know that hey are wrong if you don't know the truth?

they might be pretending to have inside info, and you are pretending that you know definitively that they don't.
So anything can be said regardless of whether it makes any sense or not? Sounds like a typical Indiana fan rationalization. The bubble of delusion is alive and well, talking the talk but not walking the walk.

So anything can be said regardless of whether it makes any sense or not? Sounds like a typical Indiana fan rationalization. The bubble of delusion is alive and well, talking the talk but not walking the walk.
Yes anything can be said...you are living proof of that

Which school do you root for?

I'm not the one BSing. That's you, and you think it's a good thing talking the talk and not walking the walk. Your delusional bubble must be carpeted.
Where have I BSed? I haven't pretended to have any info, I have no idea what's going to happen

All I have said is that you don't know anymore than the folks that you are criticizing...that's not BS, that's the obvious truth

Where have I BSed? I haven't pretended to have any info, I have no idea what's going to happen

All I have said is that you don't know anymore than the folks that you are criticizing...that's not BS, that's the obvious truth

"I haven't pretended to have any info, I have no idea what's going to happen". And I've not done any of that, either. If I'm BSing, so are you. You walked into that. It's the only time you walked your talk. Way to go. The bubble won't be happy.

If you have no info how do you know that those who claim to have sources are wrong and/or lying?

If you have no info how do you know that those who claim to have sources are wrong and/or lying?
It's about track record. None of the people who claim they know something have been right yet. No reason to believe them when their track record is so bad.

No

You wait because IU wants a proven winner, and Billy Donovan is interested in the job...Believe me, it's going to be worth the wait...And it's likely it'll be leaked long before his season ends...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT