ADVERTISEMENT

Alford Note

I'm not the one BSing. That's you, and you think it's a good thing talking the talk and not walking the walk. Your delusional bubble must be carpeted.

Has he called you Jim yet? That's when you know you are in the club. He's questioned who you root for, so that's coming next.

It's about track record. None of the people who claim they know something have been right yet. No reason to believe them when their track record is so bad.

We get it, you don't believe the BD rumors. You said your piece. Move on.

If you ask me a popular name out there who I think it WON'T be...I'd say it's Marshall. Not to say he won't be considered but I haven't heard one person lobbying for him and I just don't see the fit.

Don't see the fit? Watch his teams play enough, and the fit should be obvious.

He's obviously a phenomenal basketball coach. What more do you need to see a fit?

Don't see the fit? Watch his teams play enough, and the fit should be obvious.

He's obviously a phenomenal basketball coach. What more do you need to see a fit?
Google his Canadian episode and I think you'll see why someone like Fred Glass, who pushed out the football coach for being mean to his players, might be concerned before extending an offer to GM.

Reactions: brianiu
Google his Canadian episode and I think you'll see why someone like Fred Glass, who pushed out the football coach for being mean to his players, might be concerned before extending an offer to GM.

lol... I'm fine with a coach going a little nuts when is team is getting screwed over (3 separate scoring errors) and then his player gets 3 stitches and a concussion, but the refs don't notice and can't clean up play. His reaction was over the top, but he was punished and was later apologetic.

“I’m definitely not proud of my reaction to that situation, but at some point your players have to know you’re going to stand up for them and you’ve got some fight in you,” he told Suellentrop. “Once I reacted, I said ‘I might as well get my money’s worth.’ ”
Did he go too far?
“Perhaps,” he said. “I wasn’t going to do anything physical, but I wanted to make sure they understood what I felt was happening was incorrect and wrong.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-game-blames-canada/?utm_term=.bb3090b16947

lol... I'm fine with a coach going a little nuts when is team is getting screwed over (3 separate scoring errors) and then his player gets 3 stitches and a concussion, but the refs don't notice and can't clean up play. His reaction was over the top, but he was punished and was later apologetic.

“I’m definitely not proud of my reaction to that situation, but at some point your players have to know you’re going to stand up for them and you’ve got some fight in you,” he told Suellentrop. “Once I reacted, I said ‘I might as well get my money’s worth.’ ”
Did he go too far?
“Perhaps,” he said. “I wasn’t going to do anything physical, but I wanted to make sure they understood what I felt was happening was incorrect and wrong.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-game-blames-canada/?utm_term=.bb3090b16947
It was an exhibition tour, not a conference game or a post season tournament. It was completely inappropriate for the time and place no matter how he chose to excuse his own behavior. But no way Fred Glass will want such a loose cannon on his payroll. He already pushed a guy out for doing far less.

If Wilson was really fired just because he was "mean" to players and there wasn't more to the story, we're in worse shape with Glass than I thought.

Did he go too far?

Most coaches have incidents they are not proud of when they watch the video. Has this happened before with GM?

If Wilson was really fired just because he was "mean" to players and there wasn't more to the story, we're in worse shape with Glass than I thought.
There's no more to the story -- it's a completely different story. Glass had no choice.

Ok...so what's the story? If it's "completely different" as you say Fred did a piss-poor job of getting that across.
It's common knowledge in Bton that Wilson had some personal conduct issues that had dogged him from day one. Glass used the past concerns about player treatment to serve as a smokescreen, allowing Wilson to exit without having his personal conduct brought to light publicly. That's why it was announced as a resignation, and why KW agreed to the terms without argument.

Reactions: RBB89
It was an exhibition tour, not a conference game or a post season tournament. It was completely inappropriate for the time and place no matter how he chose to excuse his own behavior. But no way Fred Glass will want such a loose cannon on his payroll. He already pushed a guy out for doing far less.

How soft are you? He lost his cool because one of his players was injured because the refs let the game get out of hand. It was one incident and he apologized. It would be nice if you and Jones would stop trolling us IU fans.

How soft are you? He lost his cool because one of his players was injured because the refs let the game get out of hand. It was one incident and he apologized. It would be nice if you and Jones would stop trolling us IU fans.
Has nothing to do with being "soft", but those of us who followed IU during the Knight era tend to pick up on outbursts from coaches like GM's meltdown in Canada. If you're still unsure about the fit, check out his wife's day at Banker's Life today. Sounds like she kept the beer vendor and security people busy. I wonder where she'll pregame in Bloomington, at least until beer sales start in AH.

Wilson had a drinking issue, numerous off the field issues, and opened IU up to lawsuits. This just being "mean" stuff is garbage. He screwed himself after getting a big new contract.

It's common knowledge in Bton that Wilson had some personal conduct issues that had dogged him from day one. Glass used the past concerns about player treatment to serve as a smokescreen, allowing Wilson to exit without having his personal conduct brought to light publicly. That's why it was announced as a resignation, and why KW agreed to the terms without argument.
Yep.

Let me get this straight, the two diplomas I have from IU aren't real. Me posting to you from Atlanta at Georgia Tech on Tuesday with my game ticket and hand written notes to a few of you who said I wouldn't be there, that wasn't real either? Those aren't real photos, that wasn't a real game ticket? My plane ticket to Atlanta wasn't real? My hotel room in Buckhead, didn't happen? Is that what you are saying?

LOL

Wilson had a drinking issue, numerous off the field issues, and opened IU up to lawsuits. This just being "mean" stuff is garbage. He screwed himself after getting a big new contract.
It's not garbage if you know what's gone on in the football program. As for the drinking, it was hardly a secret that Wilson was a thirsty guy and not especially nice when he soaked up a few brews and since it was going on for the duration of his time at IU, it makes Glass looked stupid for tearing up his contract and giving him a new, longer deal for much more money. Every story that people come up with makes the football coaching situation look awful.

Yes and by the way Alford won't be the next coach. Maybe it is for the best if you just go to the next team that Crean coaches.

Dumb. I didn't attend any other schools. God forbid someone have an opinion you don't like, therefore you ask them to go elsewhere. What an open thinker you are.

Hey,Fredrica! Did you get 2 degrees from IU and recently go to NIT game? Just asking?

Frederica, do you have a reversable IU ND jacket like Bitty and TruIrish? Don't worry Frederica, some of these guys still have their pitchforks, have their Bobby tattoos and f you don't think their way, you're the enemy. Group think mentality.

Some of those "attention whores" on other boards and this one were saying all along CTC was gone and proven right. Some of the same ones are calling BD to IU now. I'm optimistic but if they're wrong, I would only be upset if it would be SA.

Then some people lied. Either they did, or Glass did. Glass said he made the decision AFTER the NIT and the night before it happened. Not weeks ago, not months ago. So all these people claiming it was done, are lying. Or, Glass is lying. One or the other.

I have a degree from IU as well and never supported a coach after he left here.

That's your problem, not mine. I like to see Mike Davis do well, except when they play IU. If you are one of those people that throws folks out with the trash when they are no longer needed, that's on you.

Man... we need to establish a point system to decide who the biggest fans truly are... like multiple degrees worth extra points and stuff and how many games you attend but if they are away games you get points per miles traveled... only then we will know who the true fans are...............

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Man... we need to establish a point system to decide who the biggest fans truly are... like multiple degrees worth extra points and stuff and how many games you attend but if they are away games you get points per miles traveled... only then we will know who the true fans are...............
We have a lot of "know it all's" on here for sure. I posted that I was pretty sure IMO that Alford would be the next coach a couple weeks ago and thought I was getting replies from the AD office.

Reactions: jopajackson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT