ADVERTISEMENT

Alford Note

Um... I trust you more than anyone. If this is true be prepared to part seas and walk on water.
Man, where have you been?

Do you still have your IC log in? If so go there. If not email me..

Man, where have you been?

Do you still have your IC log in? If so go there. If not email me..
Raising these darn kids. Crean killed it for me when he struck out on all the Indiana talent last year. My IC log in ... wow.... see if I can find it.

Give me a minute or so on this one.

Raising these darn kids. Crean killed it for me when he struck out on all the Indiana talent last year. My IC log in ... wow.... see if I can find it.

Give me a minute or so on this one.
Yea, I'll email you in awhile - I think found your email.

Give me a few too, I got to run around a bit.

If you can;t find a log in, I'll get you a new one.

Yea, I'll email you in awhile - I think found your email.

Give me a few too, I got to run around a bit.

If you can;t find a log in, I'll get you a new one.
That's probably an ancient email.

No rush on any of this. Ill find the IC. I know it's out there.

While they might have been right on that, it sounds like they are now acting like they are in charge and trying to even prevent an Alford interview. They better check their egos at the door before it blows up in their faces.
that is not correct...information is being reported after the fact....and that includes the shutting down of the Alford question.....nobody on the receiving end of info is trying to run things...Info is trickling out that is proving accurate....its all good for now.

That's probably an ancient email.

No rush on any of this. Ill find the IC. I know it's out there.
Yea, it may have moved since you last posted. I sent you an email to that old address.

If you have mine email me..

Some of those "attention whores" on other boards and this one were saying all along CTC was gone and proven right. Some of the the same ones are calling BD to IU now. I'm optimistic but if they're wrong, I would only be upset if it would be SA.
If we don't get Donovan then I would be more than happy to get Marshall

Reactions: Bogie8870
Donovan is the reason UK ended up with Gllispie.

The general consensus is that he more or less said he would accept the UK job, but he was torn because of his ties in the Florida community. He reached out to Pitino and was told don't take the job. So he left Mitch Barnhart in a lurch, and Mitch was feeling the pressure to land a home run hire. Gillispie was the "fad" of the moment, Mitch went down to A&M and hired the drunk psycho with a handshake deal.

As far as I know, Donovan turned down UK twice.

and when Cal leaves, all things being equal, I bet they still drive a brinks truck up to his house.

I can see why Alford wants out of UCLA. They fired Ben Howland and he was ok, there - had a few outstanding seasons, saw a final four.... Alford knows Ball saved his butt this year and he probably will never have more leverage than now to land a long term gig.

Donovan is the blueprint for success in college basketball. I have a feeling Pitino would tell Donovan to go rebuild Indiana.

Donovan is the reason UK ended up with Gllispie.

The general consensus is that he more or less said he would accept the UK job, but he was torn because of his ties in the Florida community. He reached out to Pitino and was told don't take the job. So he left Mitch Barnhart in a lurch, and Mitch was feeling the pressure to land a home run hire. Gillispie was the "fad" of the moment, Mitch went down to A&M and hired the drunk psycho with a handshake deal.

As far as I know, Donovan turned down UK twice.

and when Cal leaves, all things being equal, I bet they still drive a brinks truck up to his house.

I can see why Alford wants out of UCLA. They fired Ben Howland and he was ok, there - had a few outstanding seasons, saw a final four.... Alford knows Ball saved his butt this year and he probably will never have more leverage than now to land a long term gig.

Donovan is the blueprint for success in college basketball. I have a feeling Pitino would tell Donovan to go rebuild Indiana.

Good post.

On Peegs there is a poster who is basically your "twin" when it comes to predicting the Crean firing.

He said it's a "done deal" that Donovan is coming to IU.

I hope that's true. Alford would not be an upgrade. He's also not a great guy.
We had a great guy and people could not wait for him to leave. Knight was not a good guy. People are willing to rationalize anything when the team wins a lot.

He's Crean, but without a FF appearance. I really think they'd be out of their minds to hire him. I wish him all the success and happiness in the world at UCLA. Looking at his total body of work, I'm not real enthusiastic.

IU hire of Alford is further proof that IU is not a blue blood program
Sideways or backup hires are really not good
Illinois hire was much much smarter and places their program in much better place for future than an Alford hire
Up and comers is the way to go- look at Knight, Coach K etc. They were not proven coaches but built from ground up

Top 3:
Donovan (not gonna happen)
Marshall (maybe, would be the perfect fit)
Alford (this is most likely the next coach at IU)

I get a chuckle out these UK fans that are desparate for IU to make another average hire. For all the "We don't need IU" quips that they so cleverly throw out during discussions of restarting the series, they sure do pay close attention to what's going on over here.

We had a great guy and people could not wait for him to leave. Knight was not a good guy. People are willing to rationalize anything when the team wins a lot.

What "great guy" are you talking about? Crean?

He was an egomaniac crybaby who always blamed others.

I was talking about the boosters who are super-Donovan trying to act like they are the boss now.
that is always the case....in their defense....some of these heavy hitters have given tons of cash to IU...only to watch the same dumpster fire everyone else has. There is a predominate consensus that IU has their target in its sights.....and the money is there to make this happen. Can something go wrong? Of course...everybody is still playing on one level or another. But IU is doing this on a level we haven't seen before.....and donors are onboard.
It's time for IU fans to get on board the Billy D train...
this is a pretty good suggestion.....

If they go for Alford I'm done with IU. I'll let the rest languish in up and down mediocrity like IU has for the past nine seasons. His record is abysmal when compared to the top coaches of any sport. And bringing him home isn't going to magically make his teams play defense and it isn't going to make him a coach who can get past the Sweet 16. A good coach can do it anywhere and Bloomington is not going to polish this turd.

Again, if Alford is hired, Butler has picked up one more Indiana fan, because my university is obviously not committed to being a winner.
Serious question...would your opinion change if UCLA makes a deep run this year? By deep run I mean Final Four or better.

Serious question...would your opinion change if UCLA makes a deep run this year? By deep run I mean Final Four or better.
speaking for myself...hell no....I am on record saying an Alford hire will cause me to walk away, without hesitation. That would be a monumental lack of integrity in hiring. I don't care what kind of success he has at UCLA....Apples and Oranges.

that is always the case....in their defense....some of these heavy hitters have given tons of cash to IU...only to watch the same dumpster fire everyone else has. There is a predominate consensus that IU has their target in its sights.....and the money is there to make this happen. Can something go wrong? Of course...everybody is still playing on one level or another. But IU is doing this on a level we haven't seen before.....and donors are onboard.

this is a pretty good suggestion.....

Yeah, but there are are just as many, if not more, super donors who want Alford.

So the ones backing Donovan better not get too big of heads before he signs....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT