ADVERTISEMENT

A Disconcerting Article about Woodson, I.U. Players and Fans

bunkF

Junior
Oct 16, 2001
I just read a very disconcerting article about Woodson, I.U. players, and I.U. fans. In the article, the author chronicles some rather boorish behavior on Woodson's part. He skipped the handshake after the game. This type of behavior is reminiscent of a famous former I.U. coach. The author of the article also asked the I.U. coach about a question I and a lot of other fans have had concerning Trace's development: Why hasn't the coach helped Trayce develop an outside shot? The answer, "He's not comfortable with it," is as inexplicable a reaction as why Woodson skipped the end of game handshake. In the article the author also relates how Bates taunts the Illinois bench after being fouled, shouting, "They can't guard me." What a brave comment from such a stellar player! Finally, he relates the incident about some brave I.U. fans who "say something so bad to Kofi Cockburn "[that the center stops walking and merely smiles at them} . I always want to think the best about I.U.'s coach, their players, and their fans. This article in the Indianapolis Star did not give me that feeling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News