ADVERTISEMENT

Indystar article in paper about Cam Jones and other vets calling for a meeting after puke loss

Allen was caught off guard?? So you were present at that meeting and saw his reaction?
Where does it say that he was caught off guard?

I corrected my typo. I would hate for you to speculate as to the reason that happened. Maybe I was caught off guard.

And divination is what you are practicing, even by your own words.

"Allen’s comments make it seem"

"but his comments didn’t suggest that"

It's ok to speculate but don't present as fact or "it was clear". It is your opinion backed up by almost no facts.
The only facts i have are his own words, which you and a few others keep ignoring or contorting yourselves in an effort to concoct explanations for anything other than the simple, direct conclusion they represent. I get it.

On to 2022.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I applaud the players for being leaders and addressing a crappy season. That does not, however, point to Coach not knowing what the issues were.
Was he aware of the issues……I have no idea but the players taking action doesn’t answer that question one way or the other.
It does when your narrative is to trash all things IU. This has been this Boilies' MO for the past 18 usernames.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Assistant coaches regularly change jobs. Quite a few of them do so to elevate their careers, work with former colleagues, or live in a desired part of the country. They don’t all get pushed out. We just hired five new guys . . . Do you think they all got fired from their previous jobs?
You sir have the firmest grasp of the obvious. Thanks for your input. It was desperately needed.

The only facts i have are his own words, which you and a few others keep ignoring or contorting yourselves in an effort to concoct explanations for anything other than the simple, direct conclusion they represent. I get it.

On to 2022.
Words are BS and not facts compared to actions. What is discernable is recognizing Allen took appropriate actions to right his program. Now we'll wait to observe the results.

Last edited:
Assistant coaches regularly change jobs. Quite a few of them do so to elevate their careers, work with former colleagues, or live in a desired part of the country. They don’t all get pushed out. We just hired five new guys . . . Do you think they all got fired from their previous jobs?
When our long-time WR coach, who was one of Allen's original hires, leaves for a lower-level job, yeah, I think it's possible.

When our long-time WR coach, who was one of Allen's original hires, leaves for a lower-level job, yeah, I think it's possible.
It sure shocked Tom Allen that he left for that job, that’s for sure.

I'm Glad players stepped up after the season to talk about what went wrong.

I just hope Tom has a firm grip on all that has gone on this off season and what is about to take place in Fall Camp to get us ready for Illinois.

We can't assume anything this year. We need to score some points this year because last year was dismal This first priority is getting that Offensive line fixed and develop depth. Next is Qb play and playcalling.

Beat Illinois

I'm Glad players stepped up after the season to talk about what went wrong.

I just hope Tom has a firm grip on all that has gone on this off season and what is about to take place in Fall Camp to get us ready for Illinois.

We can't assume anything this year. We need to score some points this year because last year was dismal This first priority is getting that Offensive line fixed and develop depth. Next is Qb play and playcalling.

Beat Illinois
I've watched some bad IU football teams over the years, but last year was the worst offence since, possibly, the Dinardo/Matt Lovecchio years. Just truly bad offense.

Yes. How do you know he wasn't expecting it?
He accepted a job away from his long time employer without disclosing he’d been offered the gig or giving IU an opportunity to respond with a counter offer. That comes straight from someone who knows. No, I won’t divulge who that is. It happens. A couple of other coaches did the same thing, but their tenures were shorter. Losing the coach who left two previously high profile jobs and could’ve had a very special coaching experience was also a heavy and unexpected occurrence.
Yes. How do you know he wasn't expecting it?
Why would he have been expecting it?

He accepted a job away from his long time employer without disclosing he’d been offered the gig or giving IU an opportunity to respond with a counter offer. That comes straight from someone who knows. No, I won’t divulge who that is. It happens. A couple of other coaches did the same thing, but their tenures were shorter. Losing the coach who left two previously high profile jobs and could’ve had a very special coaching experience was also a heavy and unexpected occurrence.

Why would he have been expecting it?
Why would he have been expecting it? Because o our piss-poor WR play last year. To have an All-American have the season Fry did was embarrassing.

Sorry - I don't buy the "I know something you don't know' argument." You're a decent enough poster, but you ruin your credibility when you always go to that - and you always do.

Why would he have been expecting it? Because o our piss-poor WR play last year. To have an All-American have the season Fry did was embarrassing.

Sorry - I don't buy the "I know something you don't know' argument." You're a decent enough poster, but you ruin your credibility when you always go to that - and you always do.
Did he suddenly become a bad WR Coach last year? Do you think the revolving door at qb maybe had something to do with our lack of WR production last year? Don’t care what you think of my contacts. They wouldn’t tell me anything more if I chose to violate them. They’ve never been wrong, though.

Yeah, coaches say a lot of things.

I tend to go with Occam's razor when possible. I just think Heard got off what he deemed a sinking ship.

"The timing of Heard’s departure is relatively late in the normal coaching carousel cycle, and the news caught Allen off guard.

“It definitely wasn’t something I was expecting,” he said."

Last edited:
Did he suddenly become a bad WR Coach last year? Do you think the revolving door at qb maybe had something to do with our lack of WR production last year? Don’t care what you think of my contacts. They wouldn’t tell me anything more if I chose to violate them. They’ve never been wrong, though.
I think he had a lot of talent to work with that was left over when he took over the job and he had some good recruits, but the WRs didn't have a bad year just last year.

Whop did not have a good Senior year, by any means. As teams concentrated on him, Fry stepped up. No one stepped up this year to help out Fry. Yes, Matthews went down early, but our WRs did not look good before that.

I tend to go with Occam's razor when possible. I just think Heard got off what he deemed a sinking ship.

"The timing of Heard’s departure is relatively late in the normal coaching carousel cycle, and the news caught Allen off guard.

“It definitely wasn’t something I was expecting,” he said."

I'm not saying he was fired. I just said it was a possibility, based on performance.

It could well be he got off a sinking ship, but is that any better for the program?

I think he had a lot of talent to work with that was left over when he took over the job and he had some good recruits, but the WRs didn't have a bad year just last year.

Whop did not have a good Senior year, by any means. As teams concentrated on him, Fry stepped up. No one stepped up this year to help out Fry. Yes, Matthews went down early, but our WRs did not look good before that.
Again, we’ve had a revolving door at quarterback, and that’s a huge issue. I thing Heard realized the offensive dysfunction wasn’t likely to be repaired and decided to find another place to coach. Allen was definitely caught off guard, as I’ve said.

I didn't say that.
“Coaches say a lot of things”. He was quoted as saying he was surprised, and I’d already told you the same thing. You seemed to doubt his word, and you questioned the veracity of what I said happened.

In this particular case, it was a voluntary departure, that much is clear and well-documented in the reporting. The “I know something from an insider” act is just BS. He is (for once) correct, but not for the reasons he claims.

In this particular case, it was a voluntary departure, that much is clear and well-documented in the reporting. The “I know something from an insider” act is just BS. He is (for once) correct, but not for the reasons he claims.
I doubt Heard would have left the B1G for FCU voluntarily - he was also Co-Offensive Coordinator here.

If he was that valuable, a better school would have scooped him up.

You can believe what you want. I believe what I see.

I doubt Heard would have left the B1G for FCU voluntarily - he was also Co-Offensive Coordinator here.

I get that, and no one here knows for sure despite their non stop trolling bullshit. But I did read the comments in a couple of places and the timing, as I said earlier was suspect for a firing.

And frankly, UCF isn't chopped liver, he can be a bigger fish in a smaller league there.

Heard chose to leave. That’s it.

I could see him leaving if he was miserable and thought leadership was a clown show. I would leave.

Leadership.
And not having a realistic chance of being drafted...... ( I keed - I don't think he would have been drafted, but it's possible he might have been - he's a good player).

I'm very glad he's coming back.

And not having a realistic chance of being drafted...... ( I keed - I don't think he would have been drafted, but it's possible he might have been - he's a good player).

I'm very glad he's coming back.
Glad he is back as well. Hopefully he has a chance to play at the next level if that is what he wants to do. I don't know if he has his degree yet, but that has to be a priority.

Here is the article:

Cam is a special player and Tuttle is really stepping up. I'm impressed with both o them as people and I think both will show some special things on the field this year.

I watched the 2020 IU-Wisconsin game on BTN Saturday. Tuttle was making some throws. I think last year was a disaster for the QBs from a health standpoint. I think he'll have his head on straight this year.

If we can get Shivers banging away inside, that play-action pass is going to open up beautifully for Jack, and he can make the throws.

Cam is a special player and Tuttle is really stepping up. I'm impressed with both o them as people and I think both will show some special things on the field this year.

I watched the 2020 IU-Wisconsin game on BTN Saturday. Tuttle was making some throws. I think last year was a disaster for the QBs from a health standpoint. I think he'll have his head on straight this year.

If we can get Shivers banging away inside, that play-action pass is going to open up beautifully for Jack, and he can make the throws.
Will be interesting to see how much they try to use Shivers. He’s not a big guy.

Yep, and I know he’d fallen out of favor down there. But he’s smallish. Very smallish.
5'9" and built like a bowling ball.

He's the same height and heavier than Warrick Dunn and Darren Sproles.

He's about the same size as Mike Harkrader and I'd take him as my starting RB any day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT