ADVERTISEMENT

Indystar article in paper about Cam Jones and other vets calling for a meeting after puke loss

5'9" and built like a bowling ball.

He's the same height and heavier than Warrick Dunn and Darren Sproles.

He's about the same size as Mike Harkrader and I'd take him as my starting RB any day.
Just not sure he’s built for a ton of touches. I realize there’s a big talent difference, but it’s very likely one of the reasons he couldn’t get on the field consistently for either coach he played for at AU.

Just not sure he’s built for a ton of touches. I realize there’s a big talent difference, but it’s very likely one of the reasons he couldn’t get on the field consistently for either coach he played for at AU.
Auburn has talent to burn. I don't blame him for wanting to get a legit chance to be RB1.

You can knock him all you want - Auburn fans were not happy he left.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Auburn has talent to burn. I don't blame him for wanting to get a legit chance to be RB1.

You can knock him all you want - Auburn fans were not happy he left.
I’m not knocking him. I realize he had issues there and wasn’t getting on the field as a result. I was just commenting on his size and wondering how much we would use him.

I tend to go with Occam's razor when possible. I just think Heard got off what he deemed a sinking ship.

"The timing of Heard’s departure is relatively late in the normal coaching carousel cycle, and the news caught Allen off guard.

“It definitely wasn’t something I was expecting,” he said."

He did play at UCF and being in the same spot without moving up probably didn’t help.

What things did he need to straighten out?
He ran into to trouble early last season and got left home for some early games. He ended up with only 14 carries and 22 receptions for the year, so he clearly fell out favor with Harsin, who had his own troubles there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT