ADVERTISEMENT

8 Terrorists (who came across the S border) arrested per NBC News

Probably more accurate to say Biden’s administration opened the doors to allow criminals in and caught some of them.

Ten million people got through. 8 are bad guys?

Given the number of immigrants wanting to live and work in our country there are bound to be those who sooner lot later commit a crime.

In discussing how to screen potential citizens and analyze the threat shouldn't we have rational discourse based upon facts with far less poltical posturing ?

Some pols underestimate the potential threats while others completely exaggerate the problem.

Human nature IMO tends to take potential fears as more motivating so promoting the potential fears has its political advantages.

Given the number of immigrants wanting to live and work in our country there are bound to be those who sooner lot later commit a crime.

In discussing how to screen potential citizens and analyze the threat shouldn't we have rational discourse based upon facts with far less poltical posturing ?

Some pols underestimate the potential threats while others completely exaggerate the problem.

Human nature IMO tends to take potential fears as more motivating so promoting the potential fears has its political advantages.
Your last sentence is certainly true but it’s hard to call the threat exaggerated when the FBI is issuing warnings about it.

Wouldn’t make sense for a terrorist to enter the country undocumented & with much less chance of being captured, especially if they may be on a watch list? If it doesn’t make any sense, why are middle easterners choosing this route?

Makes No Sense

seems like a big leap. millions of illegals have entered the US the last 50 years and 9 of them committed acts for terrorism that lead to death. not an expert, but I'd assume people who cross the southern route are mostly desperate as shit. seems like a difficult way to come here to start a life much less set up a terrorist shop.

we have absolutely have a right to secure borders. couldn't agree with that more. but if your political party or news source tells you it's a matter of protecting the US from terrorism, that's just fear mongering BS. the numbers don't lie.

Didn’t have an emergency when Trump was in office, have an emergency when Biden is. Trump kept things under control & didn’t need a new bill.

So I’ll summarize:
Dems: Create a need for a bill by creating a crisis that wasn’t there before & then blame R’s for not passing the bill for the crisis that Dems created. Got it.
You forgot that Dems pack extra spending in the bill that has nothing to do with the bill. Then claim Repubs blocked bill.

Your last sentence is certainly true but it’s hard to call the threat exaggerated when the FBI is issuing warnings about it.

not calling you out Hoopsdoc1978. this isn't related to this discussion at all but found it ironic you posted an article about the FBI's warnings on the border and it now sits above your signature, where you are clearly questioning the integrity of the FBI. not even saying I blame you. lol. but, man, the world we live in. :D

So you’re saying they got caught?
This shows an interesting thought process

We are talking about border security - keeping the people we don’t want IN, OUT

Having a BORDER, like other countries

But politics make it OK to choose Option 2, “well, we didn’t keep them OUT, but we caught them (or some of them) after they got in, so stop complaining about how my side failed to keep them out.”

Do we go back to a barber who gives shitty haircuts because “it doesn’t matter, it will grow back”?

Do we keep coaches who are great at defense but can’t score?

Rationalizing that these getting caught after getting in proves “we are going it right” is just fools gold. “Hooray for our side! We have an argument we can make to deflect attention from our dangerous failures!”

And we wonder why we have shitty candidates.?

Because WE LET THEM BE SHITTY!

You forgot that Dems pack extra spending in the bill that has nothing to do with the bill. Then claim Repubs blocked bill.
1st off, both sides do that.

2nd, what exactly are you claiming the dems added to the bill and have a link for proof?

I haven't heard about anything being attached to the border bill so would love to see the basis for your accusation

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
76, good link.

The link repeats something which I had seen previously, "Criminologists have consistently found that immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than native born Americans". (Can we believe this given those currently seeking asylum?)

Neverthess when you have 100,000 immigrants seeking asylum and 1% of them under Trump (2% under Biden) are found to have criminal records there is a heck of a lot of potential crime lurking in those seemingly low numbers.

Unfortunately left in the hands of those of us with a political bias we all seek data to support our opinions. Can only hope there are people making decisions about immigration who are seeking the truth and can make sound decisions.
Thanks for your thoughtful posts.

What’s wrong with our immigration law as it is, stopping illegal crossings at the border and sending those back immediately that aren’t eligible to immigrate?

not calling you out Hoopsdoc1978. this isn't related to this discussion at all but found it ironic you posted an article about the FBI's warnings on the border and it now sits above your signature, where you are clearly questioning the integrity of the FBI. not even saying I blame you. lol. but, man, the world we live in. :D
That’s fair and i actually thought of that when i posted.

I’m not a dismantle the FBI guy by any stretch. I think they provide a vital service and they do a good job for the most part.

So it’s a big deal when they have agents working to undermine our elections and investigations that should never have happened.

That stuff should be pointed out.

seems like a big leap. millions of illegals have entered the US the last 50 years and 9 of them committed acts for terrorism that lead to death. not an expert, but I'd assume people who cross the southern route are mostly desperate as shit. seems like a difficult way to come here to start a life much less set up a terrorist shop.

we have absolutely have a right to secure borders. couldn't agree with that more. but if your political party or news source tells you it's a matter of protecting the US from terrorism, that's just fear mongering BS. the numbers don't li

1st off, both sides do that.

2nd, what exactly are you claiming the dems added to the bill and have a link for proof?

I haven't heard about anything being attached to the border bill so would love to see the basis for your accusation
You are correct both sides do pack bills. There was more funding set to go to Israel and Gaza and to Ukraine. Also more money to process more and less money for border agents to actually secure the border.

The only thing I recall the dems doing is being upset about separating families and making fun of the wall that was supposed to be paid for by Mexico.

And right now it is the Republicans in congress blocking at every turn. What excuse is there for that?

It is politics to point fingers but pretending this is just biden's fault is obviously looking through hyper partisan glasses.
What is their excuse?

It is politics as usual just like when Biden shut down the few controls that were in place...politics.

And you sir...may not accuse anyone of having "hyper partisan" anything.

Reactions: 76-1
Canada has 200,000km of coastline that you can boat up to.

The United States has 20,000.

Trust me, it's damn easy to get into Canada.

Biggest issue is just getting transportation from your landing spot to the US border. If you can steal a truck somewhere near the coast, getting into the US isn't that hard.

You could land by boat somewhere just north of Quebec City and walk 10 miles, cross a fence like the picture I posted, and be in the US (Maine).
It may be easy to get in but damned hard to stay.

Read up on Canadian immigration law.

Just "Bogeymen" I presume...

Nothing to see here... Just move along...

I'm curious if any of our far left "friends" recognize the threat having ISIS operatives coming across our borders freely represents...
Some terrorists come across borders. Others are home grown and pretty much operate out in the open.

Maybe there should be a wall surrounding AZ, and we should require anyone trying to enter the US from AZ to pass a security check?

Looks like the background check was a little lacking??
Looks like we need to up security at gun shows. Or Trump rallys...

You are correct both sides do pack bills. There was more funding set to go to Israel and Gaza and to Ukraine. Also more money to process more and less money for border agents to actually secure the border.
It was my understanding that they added more agents and more people processing claims so that people wouldn't have to wait years for their claims to be processed.

That was important because decisions could be made in a timely manner so that those that failed admission would be booted from country without ever allowed free reign inside our border vs them being allowed to live here for years waiting on that decision to be made.

Ukraine and Israel aid had been included in previous versions. The one that was rejected by republicans was clean and even written by a conservative.

The Dems are just praying a terrorist attack by these types doesn't happen before the election.
Here's two more articles on the topic. Since they're from CNN the left should feel comfortable reading them...

This one is from almost a year ago... How many have we missed over that time frame???:

Just "bogeymen" I presume... (DWS)

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and jet812
Here's two more articles on the topic. Since they're from the CNN the left should feel comfortable reading them...

This one is from almost a year ago... How many have we missed over that time frame???:

Just "bogeymen" I presume... (DWS)
Here's another article on the topic:

//Fox News alert (we wouldn't want anyone's eyes to involuntary start bleeding)/

Threat Level:

Last edited:
It was my understanding that they added more agents and more people processing claims so that people wouldn't have to wait years for their claims to be processed.

That was important because decisions could be made in a timely manner so that those that failed admission would be booted from country without ever allowed free reign inside our border vs them being allowed to live here for years waiting on that decision to be made.

Ukraine and Israel aid had been included in previous versions. The one that was rejected by republicans was clean and even written by a conservative.

Much, much more efficient to keep them out in the first place. Build the wall. Walls work.

Much, much more efficient to keep them out in the first place. Build the wall. Walls work.
Except when...

trumpinsurrection-capitol-climbing-768x432.jpg

Apparently you never heard of boats or shovels.

You still have to process legal asylum requests and doing so while in custody would be better than releasing them into the country while they wait their turn years later.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and ulrey
That's funny.... Biden hasn't wanted to do anything about the border (except stop the states from doing anything) UNTIL it's an election year.
So?

Republicans still blocked it, which means they like it more as a political issue than actually fixing the problem.

Or maybe republicans don't really think it is a problem...they just know it easily riles up their base??

But they prove over and over again that they prefer pointing fingers vs doing anything helpful.

There is no excuse for blocking the border bill for anyone that thinks the border is an issue.

Ps. Stoll: ulrey laughed at my post but didn't respond ;)

• Haha

You still have to process legal asylum requests and doing so while in custody would be better than releasing them into the country while they wait their turn years later.
That’s where you’re completely wrong and where all of Biden’s proposed border fixes are complete failures. Any immigration reform that countenances accommodating the millions of economic migrants coming here under the guise of asylum is a non starter.

First you must stem the flow not try and accommodate it by hiring more asylum officers and judges. We have enough.

Let them wait out their claim in Mexico or their home country and then we’ll see how many real asylum claims there are. My guess is it will drop precipitously.

That’s where you’re completely wrong and where all of Biden’s proposed border fixes are complete failures. Any immigration reform that countenances accommodating the millions of economic migrants coming here under the guise of asylum is a non starter.

First you must stem the flow not try and accommodate it by hiring more asylum officers and judges. We have enough.

Let them wait out their claim in Mexico or their home country and then we’ll see how many real asylum claims there are. My guess is it will drop precipitously.
We don't have enough and asylum requests are completely legal. The bill also put a cap on those asylum requests and would have sent people back that were over that number. That is much stricter than current rules.

Republicans would rather keep the border as is and maybe you should be asking why that is instead of coming up with bogus defenses.

We don't have enough and asylum requests are completely legal. The bill also put a cap on those asylum requests and would have sent people back.

Republicans would rather keep the border as is and maybe you should be asking why that is instead of coming up with bogus defenses.
You don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re advocating fixing a hole in a boat by bringing in more buckets to bail out water. It’s incredibly stupid. Asylum requests are legal, it’s how they are managed where there’s quite a bit of latitude. This administration has decided to manage them by releasing people into the U.S. and hiring even more asylum workers so we can become an even bigger asylum magnet, and then trying to codify that into law. It’s stupid and only a dishonest shill would defend that practice.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re advocating fixing a hole in a boat by bringing in more buckets to bail out water. It’s incredibly stupid. Asylum requests are legal, it’s how they are managed where there’s quite a bit of latitude. This administration has decided to manage them by releasing people into the U.S. and hiring even more asylum workers so we can become an even bigger asylum magnet, and then trying to codify that into law. It’s stupid and only a dishonest shill would defend that practice.
You realize it was a conservative that wrote the bill and that is how asylum requests worked, even under trump.

You have no clue what you are talking about because you think your propaganda is 100% accurate

• Haha
You realize it was a conservative that wrote the bill and that is how asylum requests worked, even under trump.

You have no clue what you are talking about because you think your propaganda is 100% accurate
We’ve been through this. Lankford negotiated that bill with a gun to his head. McConnell tasked him with coming back with Ukr/ Israel funding and to negotiate what border concessions he could.

He wasn’t able to get any border concessions which is why he later disavowed his own bill. Trump instituted remain in Mexico and detained most asylum seeker at the border until slack jaws like you started crowing about “kids in cages”.

I’m done. You refuse to learn, you have an asshole where your mouth should be.

So are you going to build all the facilities to house these millions of people while they wait to be processed?

lmao Skippy, you beat all.

We’ve been through this. Lankford negotiated that bill with a gun to his head. McConnell tasked him with coming back with Ukr/ Israel funding and to negotiate what border concessions he could.

He wasn’t able to get any border concessions which is why he later disavowed his own bill. Trump instituted remain in Mexico and detained most asylum seeker at the border until slack jaws like you started crowing about “kids in cages”.

I’m done. You refuse to learn, you have an asshole where your mouth should be.
Well, it didn't take yo long to figure that out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT