ADVERTISEMENT

700,000+ reasons why we can’t overcome race problems

So you are judging me based on a message board? Maybe that is just another way of dividing the country? The inability to see anything outside of race being a factor in someone’s opinion. I would almost bet my circle of friends is 100% more diverse than yours. Have a great day oh clairvoyant one.
Show those diverse friends of yours what you wrote here and let’s see what they think….

BS. Michelle earned a degree from Princeton and a Juris Doctor degree from Harvard. She started with a law firm, but decided she wanted TJ go into public service in Chicago. Her father was a pump operator at the water company. She certainly came from privilege. Shame on you for downplaying her achievements and turning them into she married Barack. That’s pathetic. You sound jealous of her too.
And what the hell has she done with all those credentials?

Reactions: DANC
You are right in one respect,. It’s not MO’s fault people are willing to pay a $700,00+ fee (not including expenses,) to speak about race.

That said, it really makes no difference, what she says. She chose to leave a racially mixed area for a lily white area, her experience is as a celebrity, and she monetizes racial problems others endure on a daily basis. She will make in one hour what 14 average black families would need to live on for a year. Everything that is wrong with the race issue in America can be found in this event.
Interesting you’re so out of sorts about a black woman making a lot of money. Aren’t you a capitalist? Do you even know the history of Martha’s Vineyard, for example? How do you know they live in a lily white neighborhood? Projecting?

Reactions: Bowlmania
This is laughable. I can think of dozens of women of color who have achieved much more with less of a start but most of us never know their names nor will they appear on magazine covers. Michelle’s “achievement “ is marrying Barack, and being able to talk in front of a group. She loves and indulges in the celebrity life.
You can think of dozens of women of color who have achieved more, but you don't know who they are.

That's laughable.

You've become quite a troll.

She did a lot before she had children. She raised her children. You suddenly hate that too? As First Lady she worked on childhood obesity and supporting military families. I mean I realize it was No Be Best, but….And now she helps run the family foundation, has written two very well received books, and is working on producing inspirational films. I’ll get to see one at our film festival in a few weeks. Oh yeah she’s won a Grammy, Real slacker with no accomplishments, that one. LO FREAKING L.

Interesting you’re so out of sorts about a black woman making a lot of money. Aren’t you a capitalist? Do you even know the history of Martha’s Vineyard, for example? How do you know they live in a lily white neighborhood? Projecting?
They moved up. That's the American Dream. It's no different than the children of immigrants growing up in lower class, homogeneous, ethnic neighborhoods, getting an education, making decent money and moving to an affluent suburb. But, according to this troll, Michelle Obama should have been denied that opportunity. What a fvcking warped perspective.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
She did a lot before she had children. She raised her children. You suddenly hate that too? As First Lady she worked on childhood obesity and supporting military families. I mean I realize it was No Be Best, but….And now she helps run the family foundation, has written two very well received books, and is working on producing inspirational films. I’ll get to see one at our film festival in a few weeks. Oh yeah she’s won a Grammy, Real slacker with no accomplishments, that one. LO FREAKING L.
Lol my ass. No book gig, no Netflix gig, and no child obesity gig w/o being First Lady. She’s black, she married a very charismatic guy, and an adoring public put her on the cover of every magazine in America and some in the world.

I don’t hate her and I don’t care what she does with her life. But right now she exploits issues that require much more seriousness than she brings.

Lol my ass. No book gig, no Netflix gig, and no child obesity gig w/o being First Lady. She’s black, she married a very charismatic guy, and an adoring public put her on the cover of every magazine in America and some in the world.

I don’t hate her and I don’t care what she does with her life. But right now she exploits issues that require much more seriousness than she brings.
You’re posting nothing but garbage. No reason to take this seriously from you. At all.

Reactions: outside shooter
They moved up. That's the American Dream. It's no different than the children of immigrants growing up in lower class, homogeneous, ethnic neighborhoods, getting an education, making decent money and moving to an affluent suburb. But, according to this troll, Michelle Obama should have been denied that opportunity. What a fvcking warped perspective.
The Biden’s, The Clinton’s, and and even Bernie moved up because of politics. Comparing them to an immigrant kid who works his ass off for a nice house and a car is pretty insulting.

She was First Lady, yes. She wasn't just anointed as such, nor did she inherit that role. If you're argument is that she took advantage of being in the right place and right time to leverage all those 'gigs,' well buckle up buttercup because this thread is going to get A LOT longer with all the names we can start disqualifying with that criteria.

And all those 'gigs' required a lot of work. No one is investing in someone just because they're the First Lady (see, Trump, Melania). And no one would keep investing in her if her initial endeavors weren't successful. It's wild to me that you don't see her story as a great American success story. She's from the south side of Chicago - which conservatives tell me is a modern hell hole - and now she's signing major book, documentary and streaming deals AND makes north of $700,000 for speaking engagements. If that isn't the definition of pulling oneself up by the bootstraps and fully achieving the American Dream, I don't know what is.

She was First Lady, yes. She wasn't just anointed as such, nor did she inherit that role. If you're argument is that she took advantage of being in the right place and right time to leverage all those 'gigs,' well buckle up buttercup because this thread is going to get A LOT longer with all the names we can start disqualifying with that criteria.

And all those 'gigs' required a lot of work. No one is investing in someone just because they're the First Lady (see, Trump, Melania). And no one would keep investing in her if her initial endeavors weren't successful. It's wild to me that you don't see her story as a great American success story. She's from the south side of Chicago - which conservatives tell me is a modern hell hole - and now she's signing major book, documentary and streaming deals AND makes north of $700,000 for speaking engagements. If that isn't the definition of pulling oneself up by the bootstraps and fully achieving the American Dream, I don't know what is.
Well, I confess to allowing myself to be sidetracked into a thread about MO. Yeah, I know thousands of officials become wealthy because of their public gigs. Ask the Clinton’s and Biden’s about that. As I said in my opening post, the larger point is about betterment of black lives. We are now learning that Kendi and his anti-racism DEI schtick is just a hustle. MO getting $700k for a one hour speech is part of the hustle.

Well, I confess to allowing myself to be sidetracked into a thread about MO. Yeah, I know thousands of officials become wealthy because of their public gigs. Ask the Clinton’s and Biden’s about that. As I said in my opening post, the larger point is about betterment of black lives. We are now learning that Kendi and his anti-racism DEI schtick is just a hustle. MO getting $700k for a one hour speech is part of the hustle.
shrug - people make money - and sometimes gobs of it - for doing important work. I don't think it's a hustle at all.

She had a father. That puts her way ahead of many black kids who have accomplished a lot.
CoH, am surprised you don't hold Michelle Obama in high regard as a model for either white or black families who want their children to succeed. Furthermore in my opinion she has used her life story to inspire people of all colors to eat healthy, serve their community, obtain a high degree in education, ...just to name items of importance to her.

CoH, also know you often talk about the importance of a father as a male role model. Michelle holds her father up as being vital in her reaching her achievements. In spite of suffering from multiple sclerosis Michelle's father used two canes to get to his job as a water pump operator for the Chicago Water Department. Thanks to his tenacity and desire to help his daughter he was able to work, save money, and send Michelle to college.

i predict part of her speech in Munich will include her passion regarding the need for adolescent girls of all colors and nationalities to become educated.

CoH, am surprised you don't hold Michelle Obama in high regard as a model for either white or black families who want their children to succeed. Furthermore in my opinion she has used her life story to inspire people of all colors to eat healthy, serve their community, obtain a high degree in education, ...just to name items of importance to her.

CoH, also know you often talk about the importance of a father as a male role model. Michelle holds her father up as being vital in her reaching her achievements. In spite of suffering from multiple sclerosis Michelle's father used two canes to get to his job as a water pump operator for the Chicago Water Department. Thanks to his tenacity and desire to help his daughter he was able to work, save money, and send Michelle to college.

i predict part of her speech in Munich will include her passion regarding the need for adolescent girls of all colors and nationalities to become educated.
Great points, but despite her fathers tenacity I doubt he was able to pay for her and her brother attending Princeton. They obviously were recipients of scholarships.

However, having both kids attending and graduating from an Ivy League school is a testament to some great parenting by both parents, especially since neither attended college.

Paying well for important work isn’t a hustle.

Paying MO $700k + for . . . . ?
I think she has a pretty significant platform that is obviously at a pretty high premium. A lot of people would appreciate her championing their cause and giving talks on issues that are important to them. Like it or not, when someone of her stature talks, it moves the needle on things.

That's a pretty high responsibility.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I think you’re the one missing the point here. Racism can present itself in all sorts of ways . You seem like you resent her. She earned scholarships for her education. That should be celebrated. Her father was disabled with MS and had to live on disability for quite some time. She is well qualified to talk about racism, and many people are interested in hearing what she has to say. Besides her speaking fees, her book sales reflect that also. Do you resent that money too? No matter how rich or how privileged one is, they can still be impacted by racism.

Show those diverse friends of yours what you wrote here and let’s see what they think….
I did and they agree, I'm not scared of what I say and because a message board wizard like yourself doesn't like it means nothing. Most think things like hearing a speech about race from someone charging 700k plus whatever other fees sounds a bit self motivated.

If people want to buy into the "I'm going to watch MO give her take on race" and feel like it makes a change or makes them feel good about themselves then so be it. I just for one wouldn't go and would have a hard time thinking this person that just charged me more money than I can really afford talk to me about an issue she obviously doesn't battle is laughable. This could be on numerous subjects this just happens to be regarding "racism" which is fastly becoming the most overused word in the English vocabulary.

BTW my wife has MS but does not live on disability she works every day, I wonder if she could give a speech on how it has effected her life and our kids? I bet she would take 100k for the speech and then give it to further research on MS. What a bargain?

Last edited:
I did and they agree, I'm not scared of what I say and because a message board wizard like yourself doesn't like it means nothing. Most think things like hearing a speech about race from someone charging 700k plus whatever other fees sounds a bit self motivated.

If people want to buy into the "I'm going to watch MO give her take on race" and feel like it makes a change or makes them feel good about themselves then so be it. I just for one wouldn't go and would have a hard time thinking this person that just charged me more money than I can really afford talk to me about an issue she obviously doesn't battle is laughable. This could be on numerous subjects this just happens to be regarding "racism" which is fastly becoming the most overused word in the English vocabulary.
The bits and pretzels festival is a 3 day event and the ticket cost was ~150$. Not exactly unaffordable considering the possible networking contacts that could be gleaned from the over two hundred ceos, foreign dignitaries, and media professionals who were also speaking at the event.

Really? I'm not surprised at all.

BTW my wife has MS but does not live on disability she works every day, I wonder if she could give a speech on how it has effected her life and our kids? I bet she would take 100k for the speech and then give it to further research on MS. What a bargain?
Sure you did. I’m sorry about your wife. Her father worked every day also. It’s interesting the number of Republicans here who suddenly don’t believe in capitalism when someone they don’t like is involved. It’s pretth sad when you can’t even admit what an excellent role model she has been. Would you prefer that your children model their life after Melania Trump or Michelle Obama? Now there’s a role model for you. Be best!

LOL

She's getting paid $700K to speak...you know...to all those woke Germans.

You're on the wrong path here. Time for you to bail. She may not be maximizing her potential according to you, but I'm not sure you're of the depth to dispute her actions or her credentials with any sense of credibility.

Sure you did. I’m sorry about your wife. Her father worked every day also. It’s interesting the number of Republicans here who suddenly don’t believe in capitalism when someone they don’t like is involved. It’s pretth sad when you can’t even admit what an excellent role model she has been. Would you prefer that your children model their life after Melania Trump or Michelle Obama? Now there’s a role model for you. Be best!
I thought in one of your earlier post you stated MO's father was on disability? I could be wrong. I'm not sure what make MO an excellent roll model, I have no idea about her as a person. I would prefer my children model their lives the best way they feel and in whatever manner makes them feel comfortable. If you were to ask them now they would say neither (they are 24 and 23) if I asked both girls 6-7 years ago they would have said Melania Trump, they were way more into the outward appearance at that time.

For the record I hope my girls model their lives after their Mother and Grandmothers they are great role models.
Also, I absolutely told some of my closest friends about this as last night was poker night. They think I'm foolish for getting into internet banter with people I don't know and that have zero idea about me, I think they are correct. They get only my opinion of this board, but I'm pretty confident they think it is a bunch of weirdo's who believe they can change the world on a message board where 10-15 interact.

The bits and pretzels festival is a 3 day event and the ticket cost was ~150$. Not exactly unaffordable considering the possible networking contacts that could be gleaned from the over two hundred ceos, foreign dignitaries, and media professionals who were also speaking at the event.
Two things: This must be the biggest most attended event ever to pay what they are paying for what they are charging. I need that person in charge of budgeting for all businesses going forward.

Second, I've been to many (much much smaller venues) like this where it is not about the message just who is there to recognize you and benefit you. It doesn't hurt that it is in Germany, easy sell to the spouse for a long getaway. I wonder if the CEO's of all the auto manufacturers will be attending I hear their salaries would make this a super low cost event. :)

Two things: This must be the biggest most attended event ever to pay what they are paying for what they are charging. I need that person in charge of budgeting for all businesses going forward.
I've attended a few business conferences (like you, conferences that were probably not this large, but the same concept). In my understanding, there are speakers giving presentations and then there are usually big open pavilions with lots of companies there with their booths to try and snag you to buy their stuff / use their services.

The speakers are paid to be there, but the people in the booths are not. It's the opposite. They are paying money (often SIGNIFICANT amounts) in order to set up their booths at this festival. The booth locations on the corners and outer perimeter usually also go for premium prices because of their visibility.

So, the floor booth fees probably go a long long way towards paying off the speaker fees. The entrance fees for the attendees are probably only used to pay for the rental of the venue itself (the conference center). There were supposed to be 5000 attendees @ 150 euros each, so that's a good 750,000 there.

(EDIT) Looking at their website, it's looking like there are 300+ exhibitors and there are three levels of booth: 1500, 2800, and 5500 Euros. Let's say 150 exhibitors at 1500, 100 at 2800, and 50 at 5500. That's 780,000 euros right there.

Last edited:
The Biden’s, The Clinton’s, and and even Bernie moved up because of politics. Comparing them to an immigrant kid who works his ass off for a nice house and a car is pretty insulting.
The discussion - - the thread that you started - - was about Michelle Obama and blacks. The Clintons and Bernie Sanders had nothing to do with it. This is typical of you, though. You make a fool of yourself and then pivot to your boogeyman du jour. You’ve lost it (assuming you ever had it).

I've attended a few business conferences (like you, conferences that were probably not this large, but the same concept). In my understanding, there are speakers giving presentations and then there are usually big open pavilions with lots of companies there with their booths to try and snag you to buy their stuff / use their services.

The speakers are paid to be there, but the people in the booths are not. It's the opposite. They are paying money (often SIGNIFICANT amounts) in order to set up their booths at this festival. The booth locations on the corners and outer perimeter usually also go for premium prices because of their visibility.

So, the floor booth fees probably go a long long way towards paying off the speaker fees. The entrance fees for the attendees are probably only used to pay for the rental of the venue itself (the conference center). There were supposed to be 5000 attendees @ 150 euros each, so that's a good 750,000 there.

(EDIT) Looking at their website, it's looking like there are 300+ exhibitors and there are three levels of booth: 1500, 2800, and 5500 Euros. Let's say 150 exhibitors at 1500, 100 at 2800, and 50 at 5500. That's 780,000 euros right there.
Yep been to many, the speakers are nice but just a by product of the real reason people go. Last one I went to the speaker was a gal that I've heard 4-5 times I'm pretty sure I could get up and give the speech for her. I went along with my co-workers to network and promote the company I work for as well as we were a "sponsor" which is code for look at us we gave money so come do business with us. lol

Reactions: BradStevens
I thought in one of your earlier post you stated MO's father was on disability? I could be wrong. I'm not sure what make MO an excellent roll model, I have no idea about her as a person. I would prefer my children model their lives the best way they feel and in whatever manner makes them feel comfortable. If you were to ask them now they would say neither (they are 24 and 23) if I asked both girls 6-7 years ago they would have said Melania Trump, they were way more into the outward appearance at that time.

For the record I hope my girls model their lives after their Mother and Grandmothers they are great role models.
Also, I absolutely told some of my closest friends about this as last night was poker night. They think I'm foolish for getting into internet banter with people I don't know and that have zero idea about me, I think they are correct. They get only my opinion of this board, but I'm pretty confident they think it is a bunch of weirdo's who believe they can change the world on a message board where 10-15 interact.
He was after he could no longer walk and his job involved walking. He used two canes as long as he could. Oh well if your girls wanted Melania Trump as a role ( not roll model) then I’d say they should maybe learn, or you should have told them a bit more about her. Posing nude and being a gold digger isn’t exactly role model material in my book. But that’s just me…

Reactions: outside shooter

Point taken. I’d invite your attention my post #98.

Racism, and AA underachievement, like so many issues, has become a discussion by elites for other elites. The whole DEI effort is a perfect example. Paying MO to $700k to talk to other elites about racism highlights that. There is so much to be done in the trenches about these issues. We must get past the current discussion and go where the rubber meets the road.

I think most see the missing father issue as substantial problem.. This evolved over generations. I‘m glad MO was close to her dad. And maybe she , like you, thinks her family example carries weight, I don’t think so, The kids who commit the retail crime, shoot other kids, and assault old white people on the streets were raised when we had a black POTUS and FLOTUS. So much for that.

As a reminder of why I started this thread, here is part of my opening post.

But the larger issue is the notion that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion actually means something beyond sloganeering . The rubber meets the road with race on the streets, K-12 education, and households of every larger American city. Not on Martha’s Vineyard . Paying privileged Black people obscene amounts to lecture elites about race is not only disgusting but meaningless.​

We've had recent threads here about miserable math performance of many school kids, and about the Mississippi school reading miracle. This is where we need to direct resources, not to elites being elites.​

"Rufo contends that such “Bellian” — my word — pessimism, indeed irrational pessimism, one might say, is the unsurprising result of how CRT’s fixation with racial identity politics spread beyond the universities during the Obama years. “The capture of the New York Times was a pivotal turn in the long march through the institutions,” Rufo writes, echoing Batya Ungar-Sargon’s perceptive 2021 book Bad News: How Woke Media Is Undermining Democracy.

Indeed, when it comes to race, Rufo memorably contends, the Times “accomplished what the Weather Underground and the Black Panther Party could not: persuade millions of Americans that the United States is a white supremacist nation that systematically exploits blacks and other minorities.” Rhetorical exaggeration? Not according to Pew, but then Rufo also points out how Derrick Bell himself once incisively noted “how easy it is to frighten whites.”

Great points, but despite her fathers tenacity I doubt he was able to pay for her and her brother attending Princeton. They obviously were recipients of scholarships.

However, having both kids attending and graduating from an Ivy League school is a testament to some great parenting by both parents, especially since neither attended college.
And yet the message and points she chooses to focus on are diametrically opposed to her life story.

I don't like the Obamas. I don't hold them in the high esteem that so many of you apparently do. I think they are the equivalent of a preacher espousing purity culture while having a side chick. The actions don't match the message.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT