ADVERTISEMENT

700,000+ reasons why we can’t overcome race problems

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001

Why would anybody believe one of the most privileged blacks in the world is qualified to speak about race issues? Yeah, I know Michelle is black, and has faced that reality in ways not experienced by whites, but she also chooses to live in the most white-privileged communities in the United States while skedaddling from her racially mixed neighborhood in Chicago. Actions matter.

But the larger issue is the notion that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion actually means something beyond sloganeering . The rubber meets the road with race on the streets, K-12 education, and households of every larger American city. Not on Martha’s Vineyard . Paying privileged Black people obscene amounts to lecture elites about race is not only disgusting but meaningless.

We've had recent threads here about miserable math performance of many school kids, and about the Mississippi school reading miracle. This is where we need to direct resources, not to elites being elites.

Why would anybody believe one of the most privileged blacks in the world is qualified to speak about race issues? Yeah, I know Michelle is black, and has faced that reality in ways not experienced by whites, but she also chooses to live in the most white-privileged communities in the United States while skedaddling from her racially mixed neighborhood in Chicago. Actions matter.

But the larger issue is the notion that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion actually means something beyond sloganeering . The rubber meets the road with race on the streets, K-12 education, and households of every larger American city. Not on Martha’s Vineyard . Paying privileged Black people obscene amounts to lecture elites about race is not only disgusting but meaningless.

We've had recent threads here about miserable math performance of many school kids, and about the Mississippi school reading miracle. This is where we need to direct resources, not to elites being elites.
The fact that he (Michael) is out there talking about it makes matters worse. Prolly the most unqualified person to do so. A black dude posing as a woman, who's mate divided and sent us back years discussing race? This is where we are folks!

The logic behind this might be the dumbest thing I read all day.

K-12 education is where people are fighting against it.

I don't know Michelle Obama's full view on race relations, but I'm not sure where she lives now has anything to do with her viability to speak on it. Her experiences matter, including how seriously she took her academics. Her successes matter. Challenges she faced as a person of color, as well as a woman, matter.

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
The logic behind this might be the dumbest thing I read all day.

K-12 education is where people are fighting against it.

I don't know Michelle Obama's full view on race relations, but I'm not sure where she lives now has anything to do with her viability to speak on it. Her experiences matter, including how seriously she took her academics. Her successes matter. Challenges she faced as a person of color, as well as a woman, matter.
Talk is cheap. Except when you hire elite privilege.

You are talking about DEI in white or mostly white schools. That’s irrelevant. K-12 education for most blacks is a disgrace.

Talk is cheap. Except when you hire elite privilege.
She didn't start as elite.

You are talking about DEI in white or mostly white schools. That’s irrelevant. K-12 education for most blacks is a disgrace.
LOL

Then why is that where the heaviest fight against it is?

This hasn't been a good topic for you.

I'm not sure this is the best example for your point. This conference is in Munich and is being paid for by European businesses. How does it matter to US race relations what Europeans want to pay or listen to about race relations?

As for Michelle Obama, she has an authentic background and is a role model for all Americans in terms of where she came from and what she achieved, even if she weren't the First Lady (and she did that REALLY well). Re the speaking fee, well--that's capitalism, no? These are Europeans and she's the former First Lady--they aren't buying access to levers of govt., I don't think. (Although I agree her speech isn't worth $700k. They're buying prestige and status.)

I also agree with the notion that helping the people we want to help when we talk about black Americans, more focus should be put on the poorest and worst performing, not the racial makeup of boards of directors or C-suites (not sure if that is her topic or focus).

elites being elites.
I'd appreciate learning how you or badshitposter or one of the other purportedly bright lights on the board who frequently use the term "elite" define "elite." You're supposedly highly educated and with a professional degree. I assume you were highly compensated and have a nice portfolio. How does the term not apply to you?

CoH, seems to me it is up to the Munich conference to determine whether Obama is qualified to speak on the subject. Granted her celebrity status along with being black makes her a prime candidate.

In the final analysis shouldn't what she actually says at the conference be of the utmost importance before criticizing her ?

CoH, seems to me it is up to the Munich conference to determine whether Obama is qualified to speak on the subject. Granted her celebrity status along with being black makes her a prime candidate.

In the final analysis shouldn't what she actually says at the conference be of the utmost importance before criticizing her ?

You have to give him credit, he never sees people as members of groups but only as individuals.

I'm not sure this is the best example for your point. This conference is in Munich and is being paid for by European businesses. How does it matter to US race relations what Europeans want to pay or listen to about race relations?

As for Michelle Obama, she has an authentic background and is a role model for all Americans in terms of where she came from and what she achieved, even if she weren't the First Lady (and she did that REALLY well). Re the speaking fee, well--that's capitalism, no? These are Europeans and she's the former First Lady--they aren't buying access to levers of govt., I don't think. (Although I agree her speech isn't worth $700k. They're buying prestige and status.)

I also agree with the notion that helping the people we want to help when we talk about black Americans, more focus should be put on the poorest and worst performing, not the racial makeup of boards of directors or C-suites (not sure if that is her topic or focus).
Brad...I strongly disagree. The Obama's started this sh!t and the msm floored it and put it where is today. This country did not have race problem until Barack. The Dallas police shooting IMO was direct result of Obama and his BS crying about cop injustice. Then you had the msm pour salt all over it every time there was a white on black cop incident. There are just as many white on white that don't get any media attention because we don't care. Then they screamed racist at Trump and poured it on thicker. The reason we are here today is Obama and the MSM. Michael needs to grab some bench period!

The dad group in Louisiana that shows up at schools to keep it real are a solution. Inner city good black dads are the cure here. Role model dads can fix this!

No reason it shouldn't be a topic on all levels, including the achievements of her husband up to being our first black President. It's clear a segment of the population didn't like his skin color, his name besides normal party affiliation BS. Not sure that was unique to any socio-economic demographic.

Ultimately, short of collective bargaining agreements in the private sector, policies and laws are top down, so to impact change, while it helps helping on the ground floor, change comes from the top. Sometimes change comes from pushing your own way up. Sometimes change comes from pulling others up with you.

I think the biggest reason we can't overcome race problems is that people like you think Michelle Obama getting paid is bad for race relations.

Reactions: tbone6004
The fact that he (Michael) is out there talking about it makes matters worse. Prolly the most unqualified person to do so. A black dude posing as a woman, whose mate divided and sent us back years discussing race? This is where we are folks!
Where is this coming from? Calling Michelle Obama a man? Really?

Just so you know when you roll your eyes at people complaining about misogyny and racism in the world, you’re very much a part of the problem when you post shit like this.

To paraphrase the parlance of our times, it’s you. You’re the problem, it’s you.

Just so you know when you roll your eyes at people complaining about misogyny and racism in the world, you’re very much a part of the problem when you post shit like this.

To paraphrase the parlance of our times, it’s you. You’re the problem, it’s you.
Bwaaaahahahaha

Reactions: DANC
I stand corrected @CO. Hoosier, this was the dumbest thing I'll read all day, likely for a good year.
I really think he must’ve suffered a severe head injury and only gets on here when his doctors aren’t giving him attention…or are tired of dealing with his curmudgeonly shit.

Brad...I strongly disagree. The Obama's started this sh!t and the msm floored it and put it where is today. This country did not have race problem until Barack. The Dallas police shooting IMO was direct result of Obama and his BS crying about cop injustice. Then you had the msm pour salt all over it every time there was a white on black cop incident. There are just as many white on white that don't get any media attention because we don't care. Then they screamed racist at Trump and poured it on thicker. The reason we are here today is Obama and the MSM. Michael needs to grab some bench period!

The dad group in Louisiana that shows up at schools to keep it real are a solution. Inner city good black dads are the cure here. Role model dads can fix this!
1. Calling Michelle Obama "Michael" isn't funny. You're making fun of her because she doesn't meet your definition of what a woman should look like physically and she can't help that. She's 59, by the way, and looks great--upper end of the cougar spectrum but I wouldn't kick her out of my bed for eating crackers (Cheers reference; hoping someone knows the come back).

For anyone on here who has a more masculine-looking, muscular, or athletic wife (I do not, by the way), you're indirectly insulting them for no good reason. If you're using it to signal to "the tribe" of people who use that term, no need--they all know you are in their group. So I'd just ask that you think about showing some decency to your common man, even if you don't know who they are and even if you might never meet him or her.

Like I've done many times on here, all I can do is ask for you to be more decent (which I think you'd agree is the decent thing to do if we were just sitting around having coffee together). But I can't force you to stop; I can only make it very clear that you are making a choice when you do that, and that the choices we make define us.

2. As for the Obamas "starting this shit," no, I don't think they did. Race relations were getting better pre-2008, I think, which was proven by Obama's election. Obama didn't run on race relations, he ran as a center-left candidate who would "change" Washington and an antidote to the Iraq War. But there was still (and is still now) a race "problem" in America (and there probably always will be). How large that problem is relative to others I think is debatable. Who is responsible for that "problem" is also worth discussing, although I think it is, like most things, multi-factorial.

3. Barack Obama was a center-left candidate and president. The left wing of the party was disappointed in him (me too, on some things). I think he probably moved left on some of the racial issues because of that. But you can't erase this speech he gave:

Since leaving office, he's kept his head down pretty much. I respect that. But he's also spoken out against political virtue signaling, purity, and so, indirectly, wokeness:

Last edited:
Yup you did. Barrack and his msm army created more division than ever before.
Don't backtrack. You claimed that they created division, and that such division didn't even EXIST before. Like.. not in slavery, reconstruction, Jim Crow America, KKK lynchings, the 50s & 60's anti-desegregation and anti-voting rights movements, on and on...

Don't backtrack. You claimed that they created division, and that such division didn't even EXIST before. Like.. not in slavery, reconstruction, Jim Crow America, KKK lynchings, the 50s & 60's anti-desegregation and anti-voting rights movements, on and on...
Gfy shooter u don't know shit about racism except what TV tells you

Reactions: DANC
1. Calling Michelle Obama "Michael" isn't funny. You're making fun of her because she doesn't meet your definition of what a woman should look like physically and she can't help that. She's 59, by the way, and looks great--upper end of the cougar spectrum but I wouldn't kick her out of my bed for eating crackers (Cheers reference; hoping someone knows the come back).

For anyone on here who has a more masculine-looking, muscular, or atheletic wife (I do not, by the way), you're indirectly insulting them for no good reason. If you're using it to signal to "the tribe" of people who use that term, no need--they all know you are in their group. So I'd just ask that you think about showing some decency to your common man, even if you don't know who they are and even if you might never meet him or her.

Like I've done many times on here, all I can do is ask for you to be more decent (which I think you'd agree is the decent thing to do if we were just sitting around having coffee together). But I can't force you to stop; I can only make it very clear that you are making a choice when you do that, and that the choices we make define us.

2. As for the Obamas "starting this shit," no, I don't think they did. Race relations were getting better pre-2008, I think, which was proven by Obama's election. Obama didn't run on race relations, he ran as a center-left candidate who would "change" Washington and an antidote to the Iraq War. But there was still (and is still now) a race "problem" in America (and there probably always will be). How large that problem is relative to others I think is debatable. Who is responsible for that "problem" is also worth discussing, although I think it is, like most things, multi-factorial.

3. Barack Obama was a center-left candidate and president. The left wing of the party was disappointed in him (me too, on some things). I think he probably moved left on some of the racial issues because of that. But you can't erase this speech he gave:

Since leaving office, he's kept his head down pretty much. I respect that. But he's also spoken out against political virtue signaling, purity, and so, indirectly, wokeness:

You’ve written a well-thought out post with great points, but it’ll go over his head.

For anyone on here who has a more masculine-looking, muscular, or athletic wife (I do not, by the way), you're indirectly insulting them for no good reason. If you're using it to signal to "the tribe" of people who use that term, no need--they all know you are in their group. So I'd just ask that you think about showing some decency to your common man, even if you don't know who they are and even if you might never meet him or her.

Omg I'll never get that time back. Jeeezuz

• Sad
Reactions: BradStevens

Lol. So Michelle isn’t qualified to speak about racial issues? Do you know where she grew up? Because she has privilege and money now doesn’t disqualify her from discussing race. That’s just silly.

The fact that he (Michael) is out there talking about it makes matters worse. Prolly the most unqualified person to do so. A black dude posing as a woman, whose mate divided and sent us back years discussing race? This is where we are folks!
And you wonder why your posts get pulled? You are truly batshit crazy. And extremely offensive. You’re an embarrassment to the sane people in your party.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
And you wonder why your posts get pulled? You are truly batshit crazy. And extremely offensive. You’re an embarrassment to the sane people in your party.
He’s a racist and a misogynist - and seemingly proudly so.

I don’t throw those terms around lightly, but they most definitely apply here.

Last edited:

Yeah he needs a break to get this gender bending nonsense out of his system.

Wow. What cave did you crawl out from? We didn’t have race problems until Barack…. I bet all your black friends would love to hear you expand upon that. Because I’m sure you are more qualified than Michelle Obama , for example, to talk about racism .

Reactions: Ohio Guy
The fact that he (Michael) is out there talking about it makes matters worse. Prolly the most unqualified person to do so. A black dude posing as a woman, who's mate divided and sent us back years discussing race? This is where we are folks!
You are banned from the Republican Party. You should be banned from here too. You are a stupid man with stupid beliefs. This place will be better off without you.

I know I can’t actually ban you from the GOP, but you don’t deserve to be in it - or any other reputable political party.

condemn harris, biden, the squad etc. they've made things worse with race relations. not obama. obama was a center left president who was a far cry from the far left cult we have today. a smart, measured guy who we'd all be lucky to have back in office after the trump/biden disasters. obama's take on woke culture post presidency is spot on as well.

yjqhygxpbegosy0bswgsda.png
We can debate the causes but it is absolutely correct to say that race relations nosedived precipitously starting with Obama’s second term.

We’ve discussed this before, but it’s in large part due to his cynical 2012 campaign in which Democrats touted a new minority majority that would deliver Democrats national victories until eternity. Also his asinine comments on Trayvon, investigating the Furgeson PD with his DOJ, etc.

There are likely other causes as well, but Obama surely bears some responsibility.

Reactions: IUCrazy2 and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT