ADVERTISEMENT

35 Days To Go - Team Update?

steelyvan

Junior
Aug 2, 2003
With one month to go to the first exhibition game, does anyone have solid information on how this team is rounding into game shape?
Is it just me and I have not paid enough attention? Just seems to be a lack of details.

Not as much coverage as some of us would read. They are not allowed to practice with coaches yet, tho I think coaches tell them how to practice and I hope upper class men run the practices.
I did see that Mgbako said he was one and done. If he is correct that would be a nice addition even if only for one year.

Not as much coverage as some of us would read. They are not allowed to practice with coaches yet, tho I think coaches tell them how to practice and I hope upper class men run the practices.
I did see that Mgbako said he was one and done. If he is correct that would be a nice addition even if only for one year.
Pretty sure today is the first day of practice.

Not gonna have a great idea until we see them scrimmage. Anything any player or coach is gonna tell us isn't gonna mean much unless they say something like Sparks is way better than I thought. Which I hope is the case :)

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Not gonna have a great idea until we see them scrimmage. Anything any player or coach is gonna tell us isn't gonna mean much unless they say something like Sparks is way better than I thought. Which I hope is the case :)
He is.

ONE WEEK TO GO.
Sunday at 1pm = the great reveal vs Indy
Then Marian to follow.
But that 1st official game vs FGCU will be an interesting start to the season.

Reactions: kkott
Now I’m beginning to wonder about our starting line-up and depth……..
I look for the following players to be out for our X games.
Mgbako,
Ware,
and one or two in boots. Three if u add JN.
Ill go with leal & Gallo out.

Reneau
Walker
Banks
Gunn
X

Mgbako & Ware sitting out wont surprise me.
More minutes for the rest. Should be interesting.

Already bad press with Mgbako arrest. I hope this doesn't become a pattern like the Crean Era. I'm sure Woodson will lay down the law.

I see that Mgbako got arrested on two misdemeanor charges over the weekend. If this was Knight coaching, he'd be "done" rather then " one and done" ! Interesting to see how Woody handles it.

I see that Mgbako got arrested on two misdemeanor charges over the weekend. If this was Knight coaching, he'd be "done" rather then " one and done" ! Interesting to see how Woody handles it.
Not true at all. Might have wished he was done after all the running he was going to have to endure, but no chance he's kicked off the team if Knight was still in charge assuming first time offense.

I wouldn't sweep it under the rug.And I'm sure CMW is addressing it.
But I wouldn't make it more than it is..Brandon Miller played all yr..And was the #2 pick..Named in a wrongful death suit now..
This is absolutely nothing like that..
He puts up 16 a game ..I bet no one cares by Christmas..
That's just the world we live in now..

Pat Knight on Line 2...

Also, might want to do a little research into the group busted in Alaska in 1978 for marijuana use in their room. Someone who ended up being one of Knight's favorite players was given a second chance. Can't remember his name. It's on the tip of my tongue. I think he's a current college coach. Maybe even in the Big 10. Mark Woodley, Mike Woodrich, something like that.

Pat Knight on Line 2...

Also, might want to do a little research into the group busted in Alaska in 1978 for marijuana use in their room. Someone who ended up being one of Knight's favorite players was given a second chance. Can't remember his name. It's on the tip of my tongue. I think he's a current college coach. Maybe even in the Big 10. Mark Woodley, Mike Woodrich, something like that.
Mick Goodson is who you're thinking of.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT