ADVERTISEMENT

2020 heating up............

Don’t mind that category 5 hurricane coming straight at us, Jimmy says it’s 75 and all sun up on the beach with his crimson blinders on tight. Smooth sailing ahead!

When did I write that? Silly feepaw...

are you still waiting at the airport to carry BDonovan's bags to Bloomington?? That is the post that you will be forever known for... LOL

Reactions: BigMobe
When did I write that? Silly feepaw...

are you still waiting at the airport to carry BDonovan's bags to Bloomington?? That is the post that you will be forever known for... LOL

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Usually when teams play multiple PG it's because one or both can shoot so they're more like combo guards. The PGs IU is recruiting aren't very good shooters at this time and last season neither was Phinisee.
RP shot about 33% from 3 as a TF PG. not too shabby. And if went through some rough shooting woes with that. I expect he will improve and should push up towards the 40% Mark this year. Enough to be dangerous and force teams to guard him closely.

Garcia is going to Indiana Do not be surprised if he commits this weekend. Take this information with a grain of salt Or however you want to take it Yes this was told to me. I will leave it at that

Garcia is going to Indiana Do not be surprised if he commits this weekend. Take this information with a grain of salt Or however you want to take it Yes this was told to me. I will leave it at that
Sounds like IU is in good shape. Hopefully, the visit goes well and he commits.

A poster with 17 posts with impeccable sources, what do you know?? Anything can happen in Dawson's recruitment still, but Rabjohn did a great interview with him, I suggest everyone read it.

Banked and deposited.

Simply put Garcia can lock Miller in like Cody did for Crean. If he is on the frontline with TJD, Brunk, and 2 veterans (Thompson and Smith), plus a slew of veterans at guard, IU could really start to turn up the expectations.
You mean like the ‘real tournament’?

What’s that, psycho?
Its the 68 team NCAA tournament...if you’ve been a fan long enough, it used to be a 64 team tournament before a few play-in games.

It was smaller even in previous years, but most refer to it as a 64 team tournament.

Im not familiar with the details, nor do I wish to become, with the NIT format. That tournament seems to be the one YOU seem pleased to go to while you defend Archie’s Hoosiers blindly.

Maybe you like the $20 home game tix for the NIT, I cant understand any other reason you are so proud of Archies Hoosiers.

I prefer a coach getting Indiana into the real tournament and winning Big10 Championships.

Sad that you cant remember the real tournament...

Its the 68 team NCAA tournament...if you’ve been a fan long enough, it used to be a 64 team tournament before a few play-in games.

It was smaller even in previous years, but most refer to it as a 64 team tournament.

Im not familiar with the details, nor do I wish to become, with the NIT format. That tournament seems to be the one YOU seem pleased to go to while you defend Archie’s Hoosiers blindly.

Maybe you like the $20 home game tix for the NIT, I cant understand any other reason you are so proud of Archies Hoosiers.

I prefer a coach getting Indiana into the real tournament and winning Big10 Championships.

Excellent response. This made me chuckle.

Reactions: DiscoBriscoe

Where did I say I was pleased? But it has only been two years of Archie. Lol.

Just saying you are relentlessly psychotic. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Sounds like IU is in good shape. Hopefully, the visit goes well and he commits.

The posters on HSN, a copy of which seem to be reliable, are very high on IU's chances.........one thing that has been noted is that he has said he intended to visit Marquette, but no visit there has been scheduled, and signing date is coming soon.

edit---I'd like to keep a list of those 2020 players we are actively recruiting who we seem to have a legit shot at. I want to limit it to those with offers, not just interest. As far as I can tell, right now it looks like this:

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO....... 26 on 247; 32 on Rivals...,,UNC or Mo
--- Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH........73/69......commit to Baylor
--- Trey Galloway......6-5....IN..........123/NR....commit to IU
--- Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN...........115/112...commit to IU
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS.......89/79......commited to Miami
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN......23/38
--- RJ Davis........5'11"......NY....102/104....commit to UNC
--- DJ Steward......6'3".....ILL.....31/25......commit to Duke
--- Hassan Diarra...6'2"...CT.......78/71.....commit to Texas A&M
---Jalen Bridges.....6'7"...WV......81/92......committed to W.V.
---Jaemyn Brakefield....6'8"...WV...53/33....IU not in final 10
---Jordan Geronimo....6'5"....NH...NR/NR....commit to IU
---Javonte Brown-Ferguson...6'11"....MD/CAN...NR/NR (will likely reclass. to '20)
---Carter Whitt....6'3".....NC......48/44 (May classify to '20)
---Andre Curbelo....6'0"....NY......66/45

The heights are as listed by Rivals/247

Here are two others that have offers from IU, but don't seem too interested:

1. Isaiah Jackson......6'9".........OH
2. Nimari Burnett.......6'3".......CA
3. Andre Jackson......6'6"........NY

If there are any other IU offers how there are 2020, let me know. I'll keep the thread updated when people drop out or are added.

Davis has committed to UNC. Curbelo seems likely to commit to Illinois.

A poster with 17 posts with impeccable sources, what do you know?? Anything can happen in Dawson's recruitment still, but Rabjohn did a great interview with him, I suggest everyone read it.
Let's just say hes going to Indiana and I heard this from a good source That hasn't been wrong on anything hes told me. And what does 17 post have to do with anything. He told me lankford was going to Indiana 2 months before it happened I posted that and got black listed for it On the Purdue board

Let's just say hes going to Indiana and I heard this from a good source That hasn't been wrong on anything hes told me. And what does 17 post have to do with anything. He told me lankford was going to Indiana 2 months before it happened I posted that and got black listed for it On the Purdue board
If you fart while on the PU rivals site you get the ax. Sensitive bunch over there. Much different than the free for all site we have here.

edit---I'd like to keep a list of those 2020 players we are actively recruiting who we seem to have a legit shot at. I want to limit it to those with offers, not just interest. As far as I can tell, right now it looks like this:

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO....... 26 on 247; 32 on Rivals...,,UNC or Mo
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS.......89/79......commited to Miami
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN......23/38
---Javonte Brown-Ferguson...6'11"....MD/CAN...NR/NR (will likely reclass. to '20)
---Andre Curbelo....6'0"....NY......66/45....commit to Illinois

If there are any other IU offers how there are 2020, let me know. I'll keep the thread updated when people drop out or are added.

bump

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO....... 26 on 247; 32 on Rivals...,,commit to UNC
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS.......89/79......commit to Miami
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN......23/38.....commit to Marquette
---Javonte Brown-Ferguson...6'11"....MD/CAN...commit to U Conn
---Andre Curbelo....6'0"....NY......66/45....commit to Illinois

Bumped this with Garcia commit.....out of options at this point, with no PG and no big?

The p.g. is a no big deal..Unless he's a Cole Anthony type..
He's not playing in front of Rob.Sure a year of experience would have been nice..
Need to land a a top 50 p.g next year ..Lander would be a home run..But Whitt would be more than serviceable..
As for a big..Looks like a transfer or possibly a Juco..
If not.. Go for multiple bigs in 2021...

Not sure if they've offered but IU staff was recently evaluating unranked 2020 guard Aquan Smart.

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019...ll-new-name-emerges-for-possible-2020-target/

Bumping this thread to keep up with any news about possible late-blooming or grad transfer bigs or PGs for next year.............

As to this kid......I watched the whole highlight tape and did not see one 3 pt shot......I wonder what he shoots on FTs and 3 pointers? While he is "explosive" in terms of jumping ability, he doesn't appear to be especially quick with the basketball, imo. And I don't see many passing highlights (actually none that I can remember). I'd like to see us pass and try to get a grad transfer pg for 1 year........

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmygoiu
Bumping this thread to keep up with any news about possible late-blooming or grad transfer bigs or PGs for next year.............

As to this kid......I watched the whole highlight tape and did not see one 3 pt shot......I wonder what he shoots on FTs and 3 pointers? While he is "explosive" in terms of jumping ability, he doesn't appear to be especially quick with the basketball, imo. And I don't see many passing highlights (actually none that I can remember). I'd like to see us pass and try to get a grad transfer pg for 1 year........

Per a story on 1/8/20 by Jeff Borzello at ESPN, here are 3 grad transfers to be I hope IU will take a look at:

--Mike Smith, 5'11" Columbia---Not sure what's going on with this guy, as he appears to still be playing and also to have announced his intention to transfer after the year....averaging 21.4 ppg, 4.2 rebounds, 4.6 assists and shooting 41% on 3s, 81% on FTs.

--Patrick Tape, Columbia--Sitting out this year due to injury. 6'19" 232 lbs, avg 11/6 in 2018-19, shooting 67% on FGs.

--Brendan Berry, Dartmouth---6'2" 180 lbs pg, injured for remainder of this year. Avg 13.2 pts prior to injury, with 44% from 3.

Obviously there will be many more as the year goes along, but we know these guys are out there.

ADVERTISEMENT